Captured

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Bravo! Not bad for a young hunter!" A male voice boomed from the darkness. I was startled.

Suddenly, I felt a wave of fatigue run through me. It had been such a long day already, what did I do to deserve all this? I inhaled deeply and put up my boldest voice, "Show yourself before I hurt you."

"Alright, alright, calm down missy," said another playful voice. I was in trouble, because there were two people in the shadows. The situation was getting tougher than I thought. I stood still and didn't dare to look away from the shadows where the two males stood. Slowly, two figures walked out from the darkness.

Chanyeol and Lay stepped out and smiled at me. The palm of my hand began to sweat and I gripped onto my dagger. They were definitely the two males from school, and they weren't human. I decided to play along with whatever they got in their mind.

"It's nice to see you two again," I said with a hint of sarcasm. "What are you doing out here this late?" I questioned and quickly scanned around, looking for a way to escape. They definitely knew about my identity. I needed to get away as soon as possible.

"What are we doing out here you ask? Well, we were tracking that girl you were about to kill. What are you doing out this late, Abi, or should I say Miss Huntress?" Chanyeol smirked and came closer.

I didn't respond but looked around. I decided that it was a good time to run while I still had the chance. Forming an escape plan in my mind, I prayed silently that I could escape. Betting my life on the line, I bolted up and quickly slashed at Chanyeol's neck, purposely giving him a chance to dodge. He let out a curse and jumped to avoid my blade. Seeing that he wasn't paying his full attention on me anymore, I broke into a sprint. 

As fast as my legs could take me, I dashed down the street, occasionally knocking over a few garbage cans. My speed could be considered one of my strongest traits. Not many other Hunters could out run me.

Passing by rows and rows of houses at a lightning speed, I let my guard down a little, but when I turned around to check, Lay and Chanyeol were right on my tail. Their steps were silent like a cat's, silently pushing off with every step. I gasped seeing that they were faster than I expected. I increased my speed.

After a while, I noticed that Chanyeol was gradually falling behind. I knew you couldn't out run me! Even though Chanyeol started to slow down, Lay on the other hand, was getting closer.

"Wow, you're pretty fast," he said calmly like he wasn't running 40 kilometers per hour.

My breathing was getting heavy. I was beginning to lose my speed. "You are not bad either, aren't you tired, Lay?"

"Yeah, I'm getting tired. I'm more of a sprinter than long distance runner," he replied.

"It doesn't seem like it. You know, we've been sprinting for a long time," I said and tried to make a sharp turn, hoping to lose him. But Lay's agility was amazing, he followed without a problem.

With a chuckle, he increased his speed, "Sprinting? I wasn't really sprinting."

I couldn't believe my ears, while I was running the fastest I could ever run, he wasn't even trying?

As if he could read my thought, he spoke. "Nope, I'm not trying at all."

After hearing his word, panic started to rush into my mind. I tried my best to gain more speed, but my body was too worn out to do so. Suddenly with a light hop, Lay dashed in front of me and blocked my way. I didn't react quick enough and crashed into his arms.

"Got you," he wrapped one of his arms around my neck and whispered into my ear with a smirk.

I reached for my dagger but froze when I couldn't find it. "Where's my-" I immediately stopped when I saw the object Lay held in his other hand. He had my silver dagger. ... Lay tightened his arms around my neck and pulled me close to his chest. No one had ever been this close to me in my entire life, no one.

I came back to my senses when I felt his hot breath on my neck. Chills ran down my spine. "Um, it's late now, my parents will be expecting me. Can I go now?" I spoke with the most confident voice I could manage. Of course, Lay didn't buy it. He only laughed and dragged me toward a dark alleyway.

"What do you want from me?" I asked, trying to hide the fear in my voice.

"Not much," he replied. 

I stared down at my shoes and noticed that my shoelaces were untied. An idea came to me.

"Excuse me, my shoelace is untied," I pointed to my shoe. "Can you let go so I can tie it?"

He studied me for a second. "I'll tie it for you." He bent down and quickly tied my shoelaces. He then looked at me and smiled. Clearly, Lay saw through my trick.

I sighed and remained calm. "Go ahead and kill me if it does you any good. I will find my way out of this. When I do, you'll be the first person I'll murder," I said through my clenched teeth.

Lay didn't respond, he just chuckled and shook his head. Taking my dagger and holding it against my neck, he held my hand tightly and dragged me deeper and deeper into the alley. Strangely, all the fear I felt seconds ago vanished.

"Can you at least tell me where we’re going?" I asked, remaining expressionless.

"My place," he responded simply.

I cocked my head. "Your place? You can kill me here. I warn you, if you show me your nest, I will burn it down when I get away. You b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter