Final Showdown

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked at the fingers scattered on the ground and came to a final conclusion. Dee was the monster that had taken countless lives of innocent beings, he was IT.

I thought back to the first time I encountered Dee who had no memories of what happened the previous night. There seemed to be two separate beings, commanding me differently, under Dee's identity. They seemed to have two different motives as well. I received orders to watch Exo and not provoke them, and another order telling me to capture them.

There were two possibilities to the truth. Number one, one of the Dee that I had encountered was an identity thief who committed crime under Dee's identity. Number two, there were two personalities living inside of Dee, and they each took turns to surface up while the other went into subconsciousness.

I didn't have the time to go too deep in my thoughts, the enemy was right in front of us. I looked up at Dee who stood in the middle of the room, clinging onto his injured arm. "Put your hands up to where I can see them. Resist once and we will attack," I threatened and moved closer to Dee. No, not Dee, the creature standing in front of me was IT.

"Hello 14, I see you’ve brought all your delicious friends eh?" IT said as it its lips, not following my command. It reached to its pocket with the good arm and pulled out a pistol from his pocket. From the distance, I could tell it a semi-automatic pistol with five bullets. It was a typical handgun the organization gave to commanders.

At that moment, the prior action was to disarm it as quick as possible. "Can any of you defend me from the bullets? If the gun is full, there should be five to six shots in there," I said urgently to the boys.

Suho spoke up, "D.O, set up a protective barrier around our group, Sehun and Xiumin, I want you two to slow down the incoming bullets and possibly stop them. Luhan, I want you to keep watch on everything and keep up connected. Everyone else on stand by for now."

I was quite impressed by Suho's organizing skills and how well he was able to command the team. "Alright, here we go," I said with a nod and burst into a sprint toward Dee who stood there pointing the pistol at me.

When the first shot was fired, I watched it as it came toward me and tried to dodge away, to my surprise, before the bullet came anywhere close to me, it was slowed and quickly froze before falling to the ground. I watched the process in fascination and continued heading to IT. Then the gun shot again, and again, and again but they didn't even fly close to me.

The teamwork played off well and I was able to get to Dee unhurt. It looked surprised as I dashed by it and kicked the weapon out of his hand in less than a five seconds. Before it could react, I held my dagger against its neck. "Move one inch and your head come off," I threatened. 

"Before you talk so big, why don't you take a look at your friends?" IT taunted and smiled evilly.

I suddenly realized what he meant and turned to look at the Exo members. The three bullets that was shot later wasn't aimed at me, it was aimed at the others. I felt my heart shake when I saw Xiumin, Sehun, and Luhan down on the ground, limp.

While I was distracted, IT threw a punch at me at surprising speed. Unfortunately, I failed to react quick enough and received a hard punch on the stomach. I endured the hit as much as possible and kept my position, not hesitating, I slashed at his neck.

"Nice try," he grinned and disappeared, I was confused to see it vanish into thin air. I bit my lower lip and clenched my fist. Dee was my commander, he was definitely stronger than me and more experienced, also, he had the power to teleport. It was a terrible idea for me to fight head on against it. Again and again, my attacks were dodged since IT had Dee's teleportation abilities. 

I tried my best to keep up with IT, but the gap between us was clear. I was slowly losing while it fought with an injured arm. I tried to recall any lessons I had learned in the past on fighting enemies with teleportation abilities. As the fight continued, I began to tire as I was the one who needed to run, jump, and avoid all the danger.

But my work paid off when I came up with an idea. Before I had the time to make another move, I felt its presence directly behind me, cursing, I retreated and dashed back to the Exo members. Xiumin, Luhan, and Sehun's bodies were still lying on the hard cement. Inside my head, I tried to convince myself that deaths we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter