Family

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The loud stomping echoed around the empty house as a group of people rushed into this building. I broke away from Luhan's arms and turned around to find the other members of Exo jogging up the stairs. They smiled and some boys even got a little teary after seeing me. I instinctively looked at them and walked over. The bond I had with them in my heart grew strong.

"I'm so glad you are safe!" Suho exclaimed and the others also greeted me in passion. 

I was about to say something when I noticed the limp figure in Kris's arm. I shut my mouth and felt sick. 

Kai's eyes were closed, his face was bruised and blood smudged on his lips and from his nose. I did that a moment ago. 

"Is he okay?" My voice came out in a whisper as I gazed at the injured male.

The others didn't reply fast, but sadness could clearly be detected in their eyes. Lay was the one who broke the uncomfortable silence. "It's fine, I'll heal him when we get back. I think he's just knocked out cold."

By me. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry about everything, and all the trouble I've caused in the past," I apologized sincerely.

Luhan walked up from behind and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "No, we are sorry for not being honest with you. You just did what was the best."

"Luhan's right, we would never blame you for any of this," Kris said with a rarely seen smile. "But enough talking, let's head back. It's getting dark and we need to treat Kai's injury." 

I nodded and the others agreed.

Now that I had calmed down and there were no threatening sensations anymore, my body began to feel again, and the pain from the bullet wound on my leg returned. I winced a little as I took a step but decided to it up and not complain. I felt like I should ask for help, I deserve some punishment for murdering 16 so brutally. I stole a quick glance at my bloody pant leg and then at the members, however, Lay caught my gaze. 

"Abi," he called out.

I quickly looked at him and walked quickly to him, trying to hide the fact that I still have a bullet inside left leg that probably fractured a little bit my bone as well. "What is it?" I said to Lay.

"Do you want me to heal you up?" He asked and pointed at my leg.

I shook my head. "It's okay, I'm fine, you should perhaps heal Kai up first. I think my wound already closed up pretty well." I didn't lie, although I still felt the raw pain in my left leg, it wasn't as worse as before. For some reason, my healing boosted dramatically when I was during the process of Turning, and I stopped bleeding and started to recover.

Lay looked at me for a little longer before nodding along. "Okay, but don't push yourself too hard, okay?"

"Okay." How could I not?

 

I breathed in deeply as I walked down the familiar side walk just a block away from our house. Although I didn't leave for long, but it seemed like I had been away from months. The last time I had a warm meal together with Exo felt like ages ago. The snow had melted away, but not completely. The small neighborhood was quiet and calm. By then, I had gotten used to the pain in my leg as I walked.

When we arrived, Suho took out the key and unlocked the door. We followed him up the porch and entered the house. It was warm inside, and the homely smell of the house cleared my mind, but at the same time clouded my mind even more. After all, I had a lot of memories made here.

After everybody took their jackets off and settled down, Kris brought Kai upstairs followed by Lay, who I was sure would treat Kai. I took off my jacket, which had some blood splatter on it. 

"Give it to me, I'll throw it in the laundry later," Luhan said and took my jacket from me. "You should go shower now, take off your clothes and leave them out the washroom door, I'll get it later."

I looked at him and nodded. "Okay, thank you."

Tao and Sehun came up next to me. "Abi, if you are too tired and hurt, we could help you wash yourself," Sehun said with a kind smile. 

"I give the best back scrubs," Tao added.

I couldn't help but smile at their words. "I don't think I need any help," I rejected their offer and shook my head. "Thanks for offering though."

"Are you sure? Tao's back scrubs are pretty awesome," Sehun said, trying to convince me.

"Of course you'd know," I chuckled.

When the two youngsters finally left me alone, I headed upstairs to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and cringed at the sight. I was a mess, hair greasy and tangled with dried blood clumps. I had dirt on my face and bags under my eyes. I sighed and proceeded to strip my clothes off.

My top came off easily, but when I tried to peel off my bloodstained pants, I noticed that the fabric was stuck to my wound. Clenching my teethes, I slowly tugged my pants off, revealing a bloody and messy bullet wound. However, there were only dried blood present, the wound itself had closed and began to heal. I couldn't believe how quickly I healed during my Turning moment. This wasn't a good thing because the bullet was still under my flesh.

Standing in the shower, the hot water ran down my body. I quickly washed all the blood off and watched at the pool of red disappeared down the drain. I then shampooed my hair. When my body was clean, I check my bullet wound once again. To my surprise, it seemed as if my thigh was healing from the inside, pushing the bullet outwards. There was a clear bump near the surface of my raw swelling skin. I touched it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter