Chaos

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An immense amount of pain rippled through my body as I jerked up from my bed.

I reached out for my phone and checked the time. The screen glowed in the darkness of the room, it was a quarter past midnight. Outside of the window, the street light flickered, letting out a loud buzz that seemed to echo around in the complete silence. The January scenery outside was quite pretty. A thin layer of snow covered the stool of my bedroom window. I couldn't believe it was a new year already.

Suddenly, another wave of pain occurred. I clenched my teeth. It felt as if my insides were getting scrambled up.

It had been three days since I met 16 at Yehet Japanese cuisine. Since then, I couldn't keep my mind off her words. "14, you are being manipulated. They are trying to use you as their weapon and shield for their own goals... What if I told you they knew Dee was IT all along? They knew about you all along as well. If you would just clear the emotions away, you'd be able to see things clearly. You'll realize that you've been manipulated into doing all the things they wanted you to do."

For the past few nights, I couldn't sleep in peace. I thought about everything that had happened from the moment I met Exo. The more I thought about it, the more convincing 16's words sounded. Exo always seemed to be able to anticipate my every move, and somehow change the outcome of my actions. From the time where I was hunting down the necromancer, until now, keeping me at their house.

Before I could continue my train of thoughts, another wave of pain invaded my veins. This pain was different from the previous one I felt, this one is external, on my skin instead of inside my guts. It was so severe that I felt like I was set on fire. Weakly, I sat up from the bed and pushed the blankets away. There were no scars or any unusual marks on me. Perhaps the wound I had from before reopened, or I just ate too much food. Yesterday was New Year's Day, and D.O cooked up a delicious meal.

After the storm comes a calm, after the unexpected pain passed, my body felt as soothing as ever. I was laying on clouds and sleeping in heaven. Although I was in perfect comfort, I couldn't sleep. Throughout the the night, I tried to piece things together. But Exo's words and 16's words contradicted each other. In the end, I decided it was safe to assume that both parties hid things from me.

Trying to get Exo to spit out the truth was what I should do, but it was easier said than done. What ever they were hiding from me, they surely didn't want me to know. Therefore, instead of questioning them, I should try to brush the edges of the topic regarding IT and the Organization and gain the knowledge I needed to determine which side to trust.

 

When morning came, I went downstairs as soon as I got dressed. It was a good idea for me to help D.O and Suho make breakfast. It could be a good opportunity for me to ask them a few questions, casually, without showing any suspicion.

D.O was busy peeling a potato while Suho washed a bunch of green lettuce leaves. I called out to them, "Hey guys, want some help?"

The two looked at me. "Good morning Abi. Actually, we are almost done in the kitchen. D.O is just mixing up some salad and I'm just finished with the potato. You can go set up the table though," Suho said and I nodded.

As I was working with them, I tried to lead the conversation. "How do you guys feel about living with a Hunter like me?" I questioned and plastered a grin on my face.

The two boys chuckled. "It's pretty different, and fun. Now, the twelve of us regard you more like a wife than a Hunter," D.O joked and I playfully smacked his head. 

Suho smiled, "Well, you are our soul mate after all."

I looked at them questioningly. "What is a soul mate anyway? And how does having a soul mate affect a person?"

"Soul mates can tell how the other feels, they can also detect where each other is. It's like a connect between the two. Of course, soul mates are destined to fall in love with each other," Suho answered like it wasn't a big deal.

"Wait, fall in love?" I asked and felt my heart thump in my chest.

D.O nodded and turned away from the cutting board to me. "Yes, fall in love. And this is where the problem surfaces in our relationship. There are twelve males and one female. That means we need to share you, and you will be in love with more than one male."

I was at a loss of words for a moment. Speaking of love, the first person that came into my mind was Luhan. Maybe it was because the two of us had spent more time together, I felt slightly affectionate towards him, but would that be considered love? I stopped thinking about this. "No, no. I don't think I'm capable of loving someone. I surely don't remember ever loving anybody in my life."

"Not even family?" D.O questioned and I shook my head. The two boys sighed in what seemed like pity which I didn't like.

"There's nothing to worry about. You'll experience it sooner or later," Suho reassured me. "After all, you have twelve handsome gods."

I rolled my eyes. "Egoistic."

D.O burst out laughing and made fun of Suho who just smiled like an idiot.

It didn't take long for the scent of food to wake up the other boys. Kai was the first one to trot out from his room which was on the first floor. Carrying a bird nest on his head, he walked out sleepily and greeted us. 

"Go wash up, you look dead," Suho lectured and pushed Kai into the washroom. I laughed at their behavior.

It was scary to admit this, but the more time I spent around them, the less I wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter