Haven

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She must be around here, I can sense her!" Lay shouted to the big group of boys as they trailed down the path of the abandoned area. 

The buildings on either side of the small road were dark and rundown. The windows were blotchy and some were shattered. There were no human activities around. Baekhyun lead the way with a GPS device in hand. They were in the range of Abi's latest location, but she was nowhere in sight.

As they walked a few blocks more, Kai stopped them. "Guys, I smell blood, a lot of blood."

The eleven other members of Exo stopped and turned to him.

"He is right, I smell it too, and I think..." Lay trailed off as he inhaled deeply. "I'm sure, that there is also Abi's blood." Kai nodded along with a grim expression.

Kris stepped up. "Wait, what are you guys implying? Is her life in danger?"

Kai's forehead wrinkled as he tried to think. "We don't know, but we need to keep looking for her. Abi is around here somewhere, I'm sure of it."

The boys walked down the road in silence, they scanned the area so carefully that not even a rat could be missed. When they passed by an alley way, they stopped. On the dirt ground were stains of dried blood, big patches of it. Baekhyun was the first one to spot it, and when he did, he covered his mouth in shock. 

"What the hell happened?" Baekhyun exclaimed and stumbled back. 

Chaneyeol shook his head and breathed in shakily. "With this much blood on the ground, it has to be a murder..."

Lay stepped up and went closer to look at the dried blood. The ground was messily painted with the dark red stains. "Calm down, this blood does not belong to Abi. But I do sense her around here..." He said and gazed around. Some trash cans were crashed in the ground, a little out of shape. When the boys got closer, they noticed the bullet holes on the metal cans.

"What could have happened? I hope Abi didn't get herself in trouble. There were guns involved..." Xiumin muttered under his breath as he looked around. There weren't much snow in this area due to the two tall buildings next to the alleyway that shielded it from snowfall. 

Suddenly, Lay froze before turning around to the only large garbage can still standing on the side of the alley. Kai noticed and also stared at the large steel can as well. The two boys approached it, something had clearly caught their attention. Upon a closer inspection, there was a small amount of blood smudged on the garbage can. 

"What did you two find?" Luhan questioned and the rest of the members looked over.

"There is something in here, reeking of blood," Kai answered. The others stared at it in shock and urged Kai to open it. He reached to the lid and grasped the freezing metal in his hand. When he lifted it up and glanced inside, he jumped and dropped the lip on the floor. Lay also looked in and after a few seconds, closed his eyes.

The other boys stared at them questioningly before all heading toward the garbage can and peeking inside. As soon as they did so, some members grimaced at the disturbing sight, some just backed away and covered their mouth with their hands. 

Inside the garbage was a female corpse, bloody and miserable. Of course, that was Hunter 16, brutally murdered by Hunter 14.

"Oh god... This body can't be Abi..." Chen said as he turned away from the sinister sight.

Hearing Chen's words, the other boys quickly investigated the body closely, without removing it from the garbage. They didn't panic for long. Immediately after they confirmed that it wasn't Abi's body, they moved on. 

"What do you guys think could've happened? I hope Abi is still safe. That body was in a distorted state... Whoever killed that poor girl better not have found Abi yet. I can't stand the thought that a criminal like that is on the loose," Kris rambled as the group continued their search down the road. 

Tao turned around to Kris and shushed him. "Please stop talking. You are just making me worry more."

Moments later, when they failed to detect Abi on the street, they came up with a new plan. 

"Guys, this isn't working," Suho said and stopped the group. "We should split into groups so our search range is bigger and we can find Abi quicker."

The other members nodded along and quickly divided themselves up into 4 groups. The first group consisted of Suho, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. The second group had Lay, Tao, and Chen. The third group had D.O, Sehun, and Xiumin. Lastly, Luhan, Kai, and Kris formed the fourth group. They promised to call each other as soon as they find something before the boys split up.

 

~~~~

 

I woke up to a world of pain and misery, again. To be completely honest, I wished that I had died in my sleep. I didn't want this. I should have died, I should have let the Organization end my life before I turned into a... monster.

When I sat up, I was surprised to find myself placed under a tall building, with a roof on top of my head, and a foriegn jacket covering my upper body, protecting me from the cold. I noticed the sticky and metallic mess was gone from my hands. Someone had moved me and cared for me, that was for sure. I felt my hand balling up into a fist, I didn't deserve any help. 

I pushed the jacket away to the side and tried to stood. The bullet wound was still on my left leg, and it hasn't been touched. It was a painful wound of course, but I had no feeling whatsoever. My heart was numb, and so was my mind. I tried to see if I could still walk on my bad leg, and I could, with a little struggle. 

Who could have possibly cared for me? The first person to pop up in my mind was a member from Exo, but there was no way they could find me. Since I didn't have many connections, the only person I could think of was Jimin, the mysterious former Hunter I had encountered a couple days ago. He knew I was Turning, and he offered some advices along with his phone number. 

Perhaps now was a good time to call him and ask him for a favor to end my sins. I reached into my pocket for my phone, but surprisingly, it was nowhere to be found. I didn't really care at all. I had no need for it. There was no one I could call. I was completely along. The twelve boys of Exo surfaced in my mind again. Despite the fact that they had lied to me, I was secretly glad that I got away from them. I couldn't bare the thought about harming the boys, like how I harmed 16.

Speaking of the devil, I heard some voices in the distance, and surprisingly, they belonged to Exo members. I perked my ears and listened carefully.

"Abi, where are you?" Kris's loud voice echoed around the empty road. How the did they find me here? I suddenly felt more tired than ever.

I couldn't believe my ears for a moment, and a wave of warmth filled my chest. I had an instinct to go to their voice and touch them. All the suspicion and distrust I felt towards them were gone, the only thing I wanted to do at the moment was to come out and run towards them. But before I could do anything, a sharp pain jabbed into my mind, that familiar feeling brought back my fears and kept my mind straight. I had to stay away. I was unstable, and is on the rim Turning. Hurting them would be the last thing I wanted.

I glanced around and found a building with open doors across the street. I dragged myself toward that building. To my surprise, the boys were so much more closer than I expected. Before I could get through the door, I felt someone's gaze on me. I dove through the door and shut it behind me.

"Guys, I see someone!" Kai's voice exclaimed. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter