An Intruder

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, I woke up to the ray of sunlight that shone through the crack between the curtains. My brain was a bit foggy and I felt a little sore here and there, but overall, my condition was great. I snuggled around in the warm blankets and lazily glanced around before reaching for my phone that sat underneath my pillow. 

The bright screen displayed a time of 9:30 am. I was taken aback by how late I woke up. It was unacceptable, I needed to get myself back together. I sat up from my bed and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Overcoming my attachment to the warm bed, I stood and went to dress myself. 

When I was all washed up and ready to head out, I went downstairs. The house was quiet, there seemed to be no one at home. Of course, the twelve boys needed to go to school. However, an unusual movement in the air told me that there was indeed someone home. I took a few strides toward the kitchen and found Lay standing by the cupboard, reaching for something. 

"Morning Abi," the healer greeted me without turning around. He was as sharp as ever.

"Morning," I replied and walked closer to him. "What are you doing? Do you need help?"

Lay turned around and beamed a smile at me. "No, I was just checking to see if we needed to buy more salt. Anyways, I'll warm your breakfast up, you must be hungry."

"Not really, I can live," I responded. "By the way, why are you home? You should have gone to school."

The boy shrugged before proceeding to warm up some food for me. "We decided that someone should stay home to look after you. You are injured right now and pretty unstable. I volunteered to stay with you today and keep you company."

"Wow, thank you for being so kind." I was very grateful for the care Lay gave me, not just Lay, but all of the boys. But before I could allow myself to get totally comfortable with them, I needed to find out the truth. Last night, Suho promised to tell me everything today, and they'd better do it.

Suddenly, my train of thoughts was suddenly interrupted by a throb of pain in my head. I froze and immediately tensed up. Another throb occurred a few seconds later, I was having a headache, and that made me nervous. Headaches were always the beginning symptom of my Turning phase before I go berserk and want to kill. I messaged my temple, trying to relieve the haunting sensation, but it didn't go away. 

"Lay, I'm having another headache. I think there might be something wrong with me..." My voice trembled when I called out for the boy working in the kitchen.

He immediately dropped what he was doing and turned to face me with concern. "You do need some pain killers? Are your injuries severe?" 

I shook my head and took a step away from him. "No, I'm afraid I might go insane again," I looked up and caught a flash of fear in his eyes. "You should get out of the house right now. I won't be able to control myself when I Turn, I don't want to endanger you," I stammered and clenched my fist.

Lay regarded me in worry for a moment but then stayed calm. "Abi, go sit down on the sofa, I'll be with you." 

My breathing was starting to speed up, mainly due to the thought that I might hurt people after I Turn. I obeyed the healer's commands and sat down on the sofa. He followed and sat beside me. He took my right hand and felt my pulse. 

"Abi, close your eyes, clear your mind, and take deep breathes. You will be fine..." he reassured me and kept his hand on my wrist.

I did just as I was told. I closed my eyes and tried my best to stay calm and peaceful on the inside. Trust me, that took a lot of effort. When the throbbing in my head seized, I opened my eyes and a wave of relief washed through me. 

Lay smiled. "I told you you'll be fine. The headache was probably because you had been stressed lately. Let's go eat breakfast now, shall we?"

 

After breakfast, Lay checked my injuries again and tried to heal them for me. I told him I would be fine without his help because I felt like I was growing weaker and weaker under his care. I washed the dishes and decided to go upstairs and organize my luggage and my other things. 

When I finished folding up my clothing, I placed them neatly in a pile on one side of my suitcase. I polished my dagger carefully until it became shiny, and razor sharp. I organized my vitamin supplements which I took when I skipped meals, along with some poison I had packed a long time ago. I rearranged the plastic bottles and came across the remaining amount of GHB power which I had tried to poison Xiumin with. 

A smile formed on my face when the memory returned to me. I had tried to kidnap Xiumin to lure Exo to the hunting ground to capture them. My plan was to feed a drug filled cupcake and stab him with a tranquilizer and drag him away. But when Luhan was being overly playful and tried to take the cupcake, I ate it to prevent him from finding out. Then I got caught by the boys.

Now that I thought about it, it was pretty stupid of me to let Luhan force me to eat the drugged cupcakes, and kind of funny. Luhan may very well had seen through my plan and made me eat the cake on purpose. He did have the ability to manipulate me like that. 

Although my blood stained jacket had already been washed, I hung it up in the closet and checked to see if all the stains were cleaned off. Then, I came across a wrinkled handkerchief in my po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter