..... this and ....... that

The Sensible Ones

“What if,”

“What if people mistaken us as a couple?”.

“No, what if people mistaken us as a couple with a baby?” She looked at Kyunggi who was still asleep.

 

 

“Well,” Hongbin feels like he’s been hit by a coconut in the head.

" I don't mind..”

“Cause that’s what people do, mistaking this and mistaking that..”. He got a grip on the stroller,

“But how about you? Are you okay?”

 

Areum look around, and finding people were looking at them.

“That answers a lot of questions…”

“It's true, thats what people do” Areum stepped forward and start the walk as she took out her phone and plug an earphone.

 

Hongbin strollws quickly and caught up to her.

“Hey, I don't want to be the nanny..” he said as he stopped Areum from putting on her earphone.

 

Areum turned around, and tilt her head

“Owh! yeah! I’m sorry!” She put back her phone,

“I forgot that I still need to keep an eye on you in term of taking care Kyunggi—” as she took over the stroll.

 

“No,” But Hongbin’s not letting her.

“ I ” 

“Just, lets go to the toy store first and—“  

 

And so Areum pushed on the hesitant Hongbin’s back and move the group. “Right, let's go!!” 

 

 

 


 

 

It took less than an hour for them to get the new toys. And also, Hongbin ended up not buying just one Andy, but also five others new member for the toy story family. It was so quick and Kyunggi had just awake. Being in crowd with people around him, Kyunggi was more energized and asked for more walks. So, they decided to stroll around Myeongdong before they go home.

 

“Actually, I have never been here before”. Areum was in charge of carrying the shopping bag.

 

Hongbin was shocked a little, “Really?” 

cause when he moved back to Seoul, the first place that he went for some shopping is this street.

 

“Yeah, Shopping is one of the things that I can ask my friend to do it for me”. Areum still amazesd by the street, not so much different than his brother.

 

“Wow, so you ask your friend to shop for you?”. 

 

“ I don't buy grocery often cause I’m the only one who eats at home. I usually ask Soonbok-ssi to buy the milk for Kyunggi when she does her weekly shopping, it's much more easier”.

 

“How about clothes? Do you ask an old lady to buy it for you too?”. 

 

“No, that would be a suicide mission for my fashion. I usually ask another friend of mine to buy it for me, we’re like twins in term of how we dress”. Areum took out her phone and started to taking pictures.

 

CLICK

 

CLICK

 

“So you like to take pictures?” Hongbin’s tried to read her.

“Looks like There are a lot of things that I don't know about you..”

 

“Same, I still don't know much about you too,”

CLICK

“Or the others”

 

Hongbin watched her walking a  few steps ahead of him.

“So you’re curious about them too?”

 

“Yup, I’m curious about good people” 

Areum turned around, realizing that she’s been walking a bit too fast.

“I always want to know why are they so good to people”  

 

Hongbin smiled at her as he looked at how Areum smiles at people. 

“Aren't you hungry? Let's go eat something”

 

 


 

 

 

“This is my first time buying a drink from a coffee shop that’s not coffeeine”. Areum moved out the stroller a little bit so that Hongbin could sit next to her.

“Should I take notes on the situation and report it to my boss?”

 

“Do as you like,”

Hongbin gave her a cup of hot chocolate, and kept a cup of greentea latte for himself.

“I’m not a coffee person so, I rarely go to cofeeshops”

“Does coffeeine sells food to? I mean like a lunch menu?”

 

A waiter came and serve two plates of food, each of it is a portion of pasta and salad.

 

“No, we don’t, we stick with the authentic style of pairing coffee and sweets”. Areum moved the salad plate to be closer to her.

“But this Caesar salad is good!”

After eating a little, she used her hand to open a lunch box that she kept in Kyunggi’s bag.

“You must be hungry too!” She opens it, and give a piece of cookie to his brother.

 

Kyunggi  reached for the cookie and put in  on his mouth.

“kookiee” he giggles.

 

“He reminds me a lot of you” Hongbin leaned his face on his hand, comfortably watching at the brother-sister love.

“Only do and say things that you think it's necessary”

 

“Really? I thought I blabbered a lot”. Areum goes back to her food.

 

Hongbin followed her as he started to eat, “Not really, you just good at explaining your thoughts, so you have the tendencies to talk more”. .

 

“Really? Is that how you see me?”

 

“Not completely, just a little glimpse of how I see you”. His lips twitched,

 

“What's the rest?” She insisted.

 

“Not telling” Hongbin stuck his tongue out.

 

“Ah, you’re still the same!”

Areum pouted, “Not telling this, and not telling that..”

She shift her attention on Kyunggi.

 

“Ey, are you angry?”. Hongbin wondered.

 

“No, it's just that—“

She paused.

“Never mind”

 

“Hey? what’s wrong?”. Hongbin’s becoming curious.

“Tell me…” 

 

Not telling” Areum paid him back, but with showing her piggy nose pose.

 

 


 

 

After they eat, they decided to go for one last stroll. Going deeper to the insides of Myeongdong, Areum and Hongbin got more tired. Kyunggi decided to walk, and that's mean that one of them must carry the stroll and the other one has to keep an eye on Kyunggi.

 

“UWAAAAHHHHHH” Kyunggi cried right after he fell off and hit a rock.

 

“Kyunggi, are you okay?” Areum picked him up and checked on his bleeding knees.

“Hongbin, get a bandage on Kyunggi’s bag left pocket”

 

Hongbin striked for the bag and look for the bandaid. After he found it, he carefully put it on Kyunggi’s leg after he cleans it with a wet tissue.

 

“Hsst, It's okay! It's going to heal soon!” Areum tried to cheer on his crying brother.

 

Kyunggi finally stop crying, He seemed tired and so Areum put him back in the stroller.

“Let's go get some ice cream, Kay?” She said to Kyunggi.

 

“Are you sure he’s okay?” Hongbin asked. He never deals with a baby before, so everything is new to him.

 

“Yeah, it's just a scratch, baby needs some of those” Areum patted on Kyunggi’s hair, as he’s now fully composed.

“But actually, I’m the one who needs some ice cream…”

 

Hongbin felt relief, knowing that it was just a scratch.

“Fine, I know this place that we usually go for some ice cream,”. He push thr stroller and walked with it,

 

 


 

 

 

“Woaah, this ice cream is so good!!” Areum praised her second’s bites of the ice cream. Yes, a bite, she has a unique way of eating ice cream where she always bites and try to eat on the cone.

 

“I told you, I’m the best in term of knowing what is good and what is better” Hongbin too, he eats on his green tea ice cream. 

He shared his ice cream with Kyunggi.

“Do you like it?”. 

 

“eheee” Kyunggi giggles, and more of the ice cream.

 

CLICK

 

Areum never missed any  good moments. She always kept her phone close, and her finger ready.

 

“Eh?” Hongbin was a bit shocked because of the flash.

 

“Really? What's with you guys, why you guys don’t like it when I take some pictures?”. Areum shook her head and pouts.

 

“You guys?” Hongbin confused.

 

“ Yeah, Leo, you—“

 

“I’m okay, with it, you know—” Hongbin looked away.

“And you got some ice cream on your nose” He changed the topic.

 

“Hem?”. Areum looked down on her nose.

“I can't see it—“

 

Hongbin wiped it for her.

 

“Hey, what are you doing?!” She aghasted.

 

“You’re—“

 

Areum payed him back as She brushed her ice cream onto Hongbin’s nose.

“Now we’re even”

 

Hongbin stared at Areum who seems irritated.

“How would on earth this suppose to be even? i was just trying to help—“

 

“When I say we’re even then we’re even” Areum muttered.

“Great, now my ice cream will taste like your nose” She thought that her ice cream is no longer appealing.

 

Hongbin leaned forward and open his mouth. He ate what’s left of the ice cream that Areum’s hold.

 

“Ewkh…” Try to not make any contact with Hongbin’s lips, she moved her hand away. It was the first time for Areum to saw someone who ate an ice cream cone in one bite. looking at how messy he got, she couldnt help but to take a pack of tissue from her pocket and give it to him.

 

“Oh, My! I think I got a brain freeze!!” Hongbin took the tissue and back away. He then looked up and shook his head,

“Argh! it hurts!”

 

“Kyunggi, that uncle over there just show you how to be a fool when you’re eating an ice cream” Areum squated to level her face with Kyunggi and the stroller.

“Do not do it at home” She whispered.

“Or anywhere”

 

“Hahahahaah” Hongbin laughed.

“Yeah, just don’t, you’ll regret it”     

   

 


 

 

“Hongbin lets just go home now, I’m tired…” Areum stopped and found a bench to sit. Leaving Honbin and Kyunggi on the street.

“Hey, I got a miscall from Ken!” She checked on her phone.

 

“Ken? why would he call you?” Hongbin tok Kyunggi with him and joining Areum on the bench.

 

“Oh he texted me too”.

 

a r e u m.

 

 

Can you like go to Park Dept and took a picture of the manager?

I need it now.

 

please

 

thank you.

 

-ken

 

“What is this?” Areum showed hongbin the text.

 

Hongbin just sneer at it.

“He was probably just messing around or something”

“He once told me to take a picture of an employee named Yuji, and I ended up kicked out of the store, with people calling me a ert..”

 

Areum laugh out loud

 

CLICK

 

She took another picture, and try to not laugh.

 

“What? Why are you laughing?” Hongbin peeked at Whats Areum doing.

 

“ahaha, I’m going to send him this!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hongbin tried to keep his face straight.

 

“Hahahaha, but you still look good! see? AHahahaaha”. She pressed the send button.

 

BOING.

It doesnt took long for Ken to reply

 

l e e  a r e u m 

 

thanks for ruining my appetite. 

 

but I dont need that

 

sorry

 

 

not a thank you

 

-ken is not happy

 

Areum almost threw her phone away, 

“Ahahahah, Ken!!!!” 

"What's with this guy??"

 

Hongbin pinched the cheek of areum,

 

"AwCh!"

 

“Great now I have to erase that picture from his phone..” 

he took his hands off, and got up.

“Yah, I’m tired too, lets just go home”

   

 


 

“Wait, I want to buy some snack first” before they actually went home, Areum decided to make her one last stop to a convenience store.

“You guys wait here”.

 

She left the two boys outside and went inside the store.

 

 

 

 

 

But right after she opened the door and look around, her eyes were stuck in a group of people whose eating instant noodles near the window. 

“What are you guys doing here?”

 

They synchronically turned their faces to her, and stopped eating.

“What a coincidence…” 

 

Areum approached them,

Looking at each of their faces.

“What a full formation” She smirked.

 

“Did you guys tailed us?” Hongbin appeared, holding on Kyunggi, and coldly Stared at his housemates. 

 

Leo jump from his seat and reach for Kyunggis.

“Kyunggi what happen to your knee?” he realized the new bandage on the legs as He took Kyunggi away from Hongbin and caress him.

 

“We were just bored so we decided to..” hakyeon tried to explain.

“To go for some quality time!”

 

Everyone threw a 'what the hell Hakyeon you cant lie' looks at him

 

“I’m here because you didn't send me the right pic” Ken flicked his hand.

 

“But I send the picture like, 10 minutes ago..” Areum stopped them from producing more lies.

 

Ken went back to his chair, “Exactly..” as he feel defeated.

 

“I’m here because I am bored and that maybe I can find some inspiration” Ravi tried to be cool with his answer

 

 

 meanwhile theres also Hyuk who just continue eatings. “I’m here because they told me to come”

 

 

 

 

 

Hongbin tried not to choke himself. He couldnt believe at what his friends doing.

'seriously what is wrong with you guys' was the only thoughts that he had.

“Whatever I’m going hom—“

 

As he turned around, he lost his voice and attitude.

 

“Hongbin?”

A girl standing not far from him.

There are plenty of people in the store, but she only has an eye for him.

 

Areum moved and found a place next to Ravi.

“Who is she?” she whispered her question.

 

“Oh, he hasn't told you?”

“She's Eunju, hongbin’s ex girlfriend”