"Moving on"

The Sensible Ones

"okay, where am I?". Areum looked around and found herself alone in the evening crowd. What she knew was that she just got out of a bus, a bus which she didn't remember and stood alone on a busy street where people had rushed for their reasons. "no... Okay, this is not Seoul... And i have never been here before...."

She spun around as her eyes were scanning the surroundings. It was quiter than seoul, but still the amount of people that wander around was the same. The building, not as tall as the big city she lived in, but still look the same, in a way where it had to make her confused. "okay, now i just have to buy a ticket and get home—“ ... I don't have my wallet...

 


 

“I’m so stupid! Just— Ya!! Kyunggi! Have he eat? I mean, like, have— ah! its already seven and he better smells like a flower or powder or I’ll—“ Areum sat herself back on the bench “Or I’ll— How am I supposed to go home!?”. She stayed on an empty bus stop, where she was able to be lightened and had the time to think alone eith herself. “Home? Am I even worthy of calling that place home?”. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Want some?”.

Areum turned her head to the right, and glance at the person who just sat next to her. 

“Isn't it cold?”. A woman, a very beautiful one, wanted to share her pack of biscuit with Areum who seemed to be in need for that.

“It— it is,” Areum nodded and just stared at the chocolate biscuit that made her twice hungrier just by looking at it. So pretty... and she kinda remind me of someone though.. “Well, probably the bus is also too cold to operate”

An elegant laugh left , “What bus are you waiting for?” and followed by a question.

“Hmm?” She widened her eyes. what— what bus?. “The— the one that goes to seoul…”

The lady with a knee-length white dress crossed her legs, putting her right leg on the top of her left. “You’re not from here, aren't you?” Her eyes were set on the road, and she just smiled at it while continue to eat her biscuits. “And you must be lost”

Eh?. How does she—

“You’re in Suwon, if you’re wondering” She continued, “And I think It’ll be better if you just find a place to stay and go home tomorrow because—“ until she found the girl next to her had looked down and hid her face behind her hair. “Are you okay?”.

Tears started to drop from Areum’s eyes, followed by her hands that has been squeezing her knees for a long enough time to give it bruises. “You know, have you ever feel like you want to run away but then you can't. But you can't go back either because you can't go back to a place that doesn't belong to you”

She waited for Areum to breathe first before she opened again. “I have actually,” Carefully, she set her eyes on her “And by seeing you like this and right now, I can tell that you have never told a soul about that”. Following her soothing tones, Areum gave her a try to look at her in the eyes. “So that's why I’m, as a stranger that happened to be here right now, I’m willing to hear everything, then throw it away the second I stood myself and leave you alone”

Areum continued to gaze at her. “I have never, tell a soul cause the souls I know are the people that I owe the most”.  “My sadness or this ty inner conflict doesn't worth their time”, she continued. "Nor his time"

 

 

 

“A couple months ago, the house where I rented in was burned down and Materialistically, I lost everything”. I can't help it, I just have to let it out. “But then there's this guy that I haven't met for a very long time, who has the idea of letting me and my little brother staying at his place”. It's easier than I thought, talking to strangers is easier than I thought. “I have lived in that house with a very-very awesome people for a long time that it made me selfishly called that place my home too”

No words of the beautiful stranger came in a reply, and instead, the wind just filled in the space.

“But I can't call that place home, not anymore” Areum lowered her eyes, “I know that they’re all good people and that they don't mind— and I think, as a Guest, I’m pretty okay— you— you know, I do the house chores, I also pay for the electricity and— yeah, well, I mean I’m a clean person so—“ and looked at her feet “But now— I don't think I can go back and…”

“Then don’t,” She took off her scarf the one that she has been wearing in her neck and put it on Areum’s, “For whatever your reason is, if you think that you can't stay there then don’t"

 

 

 


“Well, just stay at her place,”.


Areum leaned forward to look at another leg of someone. “Eh?”

And that someone is a very familiar figure that made her startled in surprise. “Unnie, this is Areum, the girl that I’ve been telling you about”.

“Eunju???” Areum shook her head, “What— what are you doing here?”

Eunju flipped her hair in a twist before she flawlessly sat next to Areum, “Lee Areum, this is Kwon Yoora Unnie, a very good friend of mine”

“Oh, so you’re Lee Areum,” Kwon Yoora soothed her smile, “Nice to meet you, I heard a lot of good story about you”.

“Eh— eh— I—“

“I heard everything, so Lets just go to her place first and then we’ll figure out something cool”. Eunju got up, along with pulling Areum’s arm then walked togerher to her car. 

 


 

It took only ten minutes for Eunju to bring Areum and Yoora to a petite house next to a bookshop on the corner of a street. A house with a small fence that has the same white paint as the bookshop next to it.

 

“Well, welcome to my house” Yoora got out of the car and open the gate, “Eunju are you going to stay here or?”

“No, I’m going back so I’m just going to park my car here” Eunju also got out of the car, and waited for Areum who seemed to be confused. “Hey, Let's go”

“O— Okay!”

 

 

 


Areum slowly stepped in and stood herself in the middle of the living room. A very neat living room with only a couch and a chair paired with the TV. She was also standing on a fluffy carpet that calmed her feet. “Whe— where’s the toilet?” Great, now I need to pee.

“Toilet? You can use the one next to the kitchen,” Yoora came out of a door and pointed at another door next to the kitchen, “I’m going to set up your room first so if you need anything you can ask it to Eunju”

Eunju the tv and sat on the couch. “So you want me to get your brother here or?”

“Eh! No, I mean—“

“You know, I don't know what just happened between you and the boys cause that's none of my business. But then I know that it's impossible for you to go to that house now even if you can't live a day with your brother, so I’m being generous” unconsciously, Areum nodded in respond. “Okay, I’m going to look for a clothes that will suit you first so you can change, then I’ll go straight to Seoul and pick up your brother and your clothes— wait, but my car is too small for your stuffs… well, I’ll just call someone to pick it up for you tomorrow morning and—“

“My stuff?” Areum shook her head, “What's with my stuff?”

“Well, you need your stuffs, right?” Eunju got up from the couch and grabbed her key “You definitely need your stuff if you going to move out of that house and stay here”. She then ran to her car, “Unnie I’ll be back before twelve so don't lock me out! I’m going to get Kyunggi and Areum’s stuff!” and closed the door.

“Sure,” Yoora answered from one of the bedrooms, “be careful!”

 

 

“Eh?” Areum shook her head again, “W— wait! Eunju!!”


“Eunju and her impulsive behavior is really something,” Yoora came back to the living room, with a tea set. “And I bet she haven't found you a clothes, Wait here”.

“Em— You know, Actually— you— you don't have to—“

“No, actually, I have two” While searching for some clothes in the room next to the living room, Yoora was still able to make a conversation. “I see the way Eunju look at you and I think you have gained your own special spot on her heart, so that's an achievement” After a while, Yoora went back to the living room and handed a long shirt and a towel to Areum. “Take a shower first and we’ll talk after that”

 

 


 

 

“Eu— eunju is not yet arrived?” With her hair wrapped in pink Towell, Areum came out of the bathroom, “Thanks for the clothes…”.

“No problem, we’re using the same size” Yoora has waited in the living room, with the tea and snacks that she just made. “The soup will be ready in fifteen minutes, but lets just eat this first while waiting for it’

Areum nodded first before moving herself onto the couch. By that time, it was already past eight thirty and both of them were still fully awake. With a set of tea and chocolate cookies, the two women had their time to relax. The TV was off so it was quiet, but not awkward. Even for Areum, she felt like it was right for her to just dig into the cookies and feed her growling stomach. Oh My this is the best cookies ever. Better than mine!

“I have cleaned your room, but since you’re going to stay here, then I also need to—“

“Heh?” Areum squinted, “No— no, you don't have to! I mean, it's only for a night I’m okay with a pillow and a mattress”

Yoora smiled at the girl who seemed to be years younger than her, “a night? Really? Are you planning to stay for only a night?”

Areum couldn't answer that. Ya— of— of course…

“It was clear that for your reason, you can't go back to that house, and you don't have a place to stay. From what I heard, you also have a baby brother, which means that you can't live in the street,” To Areum, Yoora sounded a bit like Eunju, but in a more elegant way. “Staying at my place until you found yourself the perfect home is your only choice”.

“Ah— no, I mean—“

“What's the difference? My house might be smaller and cleaner than the people that you’ve been with for these past months, but aren't we both started as a stranger first?”. She winked and chuckled, “And to me, you’re not a stranger at all. I know pretty well”

 


 

 

“What the hell where is she?!?!” Hakyeon shook his head in an extreme way, that for a second it looked like it about to teared from his neck. “Haish!!! Its— Its already night and she’s not even— Argh!!”

Hakyeon, Ken, Ravi and Hyuk were gathered in the living room and had themselves filled with anxiety. If only it weren't because of Kyunggi who need to be taken care of, Leo would definitely come out of his room and join the worry club. 

“And— For god sake and we cant even call her!?” Ravi got up from the couch “Ke— Ken! You supposed to get her a new phone!”

“Well, Yeah, that was my plan! I planned to buy her a new one tomorrow, but— like, as you can see!” Ken hissed. “You know, technically she only lived here for a year or so, so, like, there's also a change that she get lost and—“

“Hyung! Should we call for someone to look for her?” Hyuk couldn't take it. He was quiet for a while, but then he just has to raise his voice, “Hyung— I’m going to call dad and—“

 

 


“Don’t,” Leo came out of his room, “I think she need her time”

“Her time?” Hyuk turned his head to Leo, “Hyung, just how long does she need?!? It's been what… six hour after she left?! and— and you haven't answered my question! How can you go home with Kyunggi but now with her?!”. Ken immediately stood himself next to Hyuk as his brother seemed to be on the edge of his anger. “Do you even care about her? How can you be so relaxed at this time around? Huh? How can you just play around with Kyunggi while— “

Leo glared at Hyuk, shutting his mouth. “She asked me to take care of Kyunggi” Not just Hyuk, to be exact, everyone was also put into silence. “You guys don't know a thing so just shut up—“

Hyuk scoffed, “Great, so you know everything, everything about her?”

“Sanghyuk,” Ken held his brother who almost got up from his seat, “He’s right, I mean, we’re pretty much clueless—“

 

“Yes, and you’re just a child.”


Hakyeon, Ravi and Ken Dropped their eyes At Leo, who seemed to be very impulsive with his word. No, Leo, dont—

“A child, of course,” Hyuk fisted and with a raise, he stood himself. “And you, Hyung, you are definitely a grown up, right?”

 

 

 

 


“Hey,”. Someone opened the door and letting the breeze calmed the heads, “I’m— I’m back.…” From Leo, every eye turned in for Hongbin who still stood in front of the door. “What’s with the ruckus?”

 

 

Hyuk snorted, “Ruckus?”.

Hakyeon walked and stood next to his brother for a whisper, “Areum, well, she’s still somewhere outside, and—“

“She what?!” Hongbin almost jumped out of his mind, but he held his  head and started to mess with it the second he realized everything “Da— Damn it!!!”. ! ! ! !. 

“Ho— hongbin?” Hakyeon took a step back, “Are you— are you okay?”

“No, hyung I messed up,” Hongbin shook his head. “Like, yesterday, I impulsively kissed her and—“

“YOU WHAT?!” Everyone except for Ken Has thrown their everything into the shock. 

Thank God he said it himself. And Ken just silently breathed out. But really though, so  I guess this is all your fault—

“But like— Ken kissed her too!”

“WHAT?!” Then everyone, including Ken himself were startled by Hongbin defense. 

Leo narrowed his brow and shifted his glare from Hongbin to Ken, “You what?”.

“Hey! Hey, wait, that was an accident! It doesn't even count as a kiss! Our lips were just bumped into each other!” Ken explained, then fired back, “Unlike you, Mister Dong Hongbin, who made her cry and running away for two days in a row— wait, let me guess, don't tell me that its because of you again…..”

Hongbin just gulped and his minds went blank. “I— I was just telling her the truth and—“

“And how the are you older than me?” Hyuk finished him up, “How the you guys are older than me, like, seriously?!“

“Sanghyuk, watch your mouth,” Hakyeon raised a hand, “Okay, now—“

 


“HWAAAAA! HWAAAAAAAAAA!”. To complete everything, Kyunggi cried his loudest from inside the bedroom. “HWAAAA! HWAAAA!”

“ Of course we’re older than you, we don't yell and wake a baby” As he went to his bedroom, Leo muttered his thought.

“Aish—“

 

 

 


“Wow, what a mess”. One last party to Join, As Kang Eunju entered herself and casually walked over them. “You guys need to lower your voice cause I can hear everything from the outside”. She went straight to Areum’s room, and leave no room for questions. “I’m going to pack some things so please, I need to concentrate”

Ravi seperated himself from the anger circle and went along with her “But you’ve packed all of your stuff”.

“Areum’s stuff, not mine” She grabbed a suitcase and started to put any clothes that she want from the wardrobe, “Ah, Kyunggi’s stuff is so much, Let me just take a picture of it and I’ll ask for someone to buy it for me—“

“What are you doing?” Hakyeon and Ken also joined and watched the girl who looked very busy fiddling a bedroom. “Oh, most of Kyunggi’s stuff is my room, well, Leo’s space, to be exact”

After the suitcase was filled with clothes, "Okay" Eunju moved on to the next room, which was the chaebol’s room.


***

 

“Leo, where’s Kyunggi's diapers, toys, bottles, em— clothes?”. Eunju opened the door, and found Leo laying next to Kyunggi who just stopped crying, “Well, where's his stuff?"

“In my wardrobe, the left section, those are the stuff that I bought for him” Leo slowly got up and pointed at his section. “What are you doing?” 

Eunju grabbed another random suitcase that was happened to be put in front of her, and went to Leo’s wardrobe. “Can't you see?”. After she finished with it, she moved on to the actual baby who was peacefully asleep. “Leo, help me to carry his stuff and put it on my trunk— oh god this baby is huge!”. Eunju reached for Kyunggi, and put her hands on his head and body, carefully lifting him up. “Eh, he dropped his pacifiers”

Leo took the pacifier from the bed, then followed Eunju who immediately got out of the room while carrying the suitcase.

 

 

****


“Guys, I have a very important announcement” Eunju cleared , and stood in the middle of the living room, being the center of attention. Everyone was there, Hakyeon, Ravi, Ken, Hongbin, Leo and Hyuk, they were all waiting there. “Areum and Kyunggi will no longer stay in this house”

Instead of a ‘what’ coming out of their mouth, the boys just stood still and remained silence.

“And until you guys able to control your hormones and emotions, please, stay away from her”. Eunju ended her speech with a smile, and went to her car in one move, as she tried to bring along the two suitcases and the baby with her only two hands. “Get some rest, these past few weeks have been a ride of emotions, night!”

 


 

 

 

“Oh my god, How can this baby be so heavy!” It was a bit of a struggle for Eunju to take Kyunggi out of the car seat while keeping him asleep. The same struggle as before when she tried to put on the car seat that she took from the boy’s van. “This is why I—“ 

Eunju stopped her hand from touching the door knob when she heard the voice that were talking over the door.

 

***

 


“I was too attached to them, I even forgot to look for a new house, I even forgot that I’m only there until I found a new house”. 

“Is that it? Is that really your only reason for running away?”

“No, not really,” Areum took her time. “I could smartly plan to move out, with no rush and fuss.. Yeah, if its them, then I bet they must be worried of me…”.


“So there's something else?”. Yoora was straight to the point, but still managed to sound polite.

“Well, it might sound dumb, but by moving away, I’m just preventing things to happen” Areum closed her eyes, “things like falling for and getting hurt”

 

***

 

Eunju snorted and chuckled. “I knew it,” She tightened her arms and it woke the sleeping baby in her arms. “Your sister, I know that she’s not stupid” Kyunggi was calm, and Eunju felt relief. “But so does the boys”

 


 

A week later.

 

 

“So, have you finally say a word to our cousin?”. When the car stopped at the red light, Ken moved on from the steering wheel and checked on his brother who sat next to him. “I’m tired of being in such an intense bedroom… Hyukkie… I can't have my beauty sleep if I stay in a room full of negativity”

“I only talk to him if it's necessary” Hyuk shrugged, “and it’s not like he talks a lot either” 

The light turned to green, and Ken set his eyes back on the road. “But at least we used to use the same bathroom!”

Hyuk shook his head. “No, I always prefer the front bathroom” 

 

 

Ken stopped the car, smoothly, and look for a parking space. “Great, as always, no space for this beautiful baby” In result, Ken has to park his car a block away from the place he wanted to visit. “Really, this is the reason why we hardly came here, right?”

“Yup, and not to mention that it's actually kinda far”.  They got out of the car, and walked back to the street that has cars parked along the side.

 

“But look at the bright sight, it means that people love to come here… and we should be happy” Ken focused his eyes on the door of a white building next to where they stood that kept being opened and closed, before he opened the small gate in front of him. “Cause I bet she’s also happy”

 

“Hyung, are you sure that she’s not in the store?” After they stood on the porch of a house, they made sure to look nice first as they fixed their shirt and hair, “It's not even twelve, I don't think she’s on her lunch already”

Ken fixed his collar, and knocked on the door. “Well, let's find—“ Before he finished knocking, the door has been opened. “O— out…” 


“YOU?!”

“YOU?!”

Then, there were three people exchange some odd gazes. Two boys, and one girl that has never seen each other faces for  a long time, according to their own definition of long. “Areum?!”

“Ken?! Hyuk?!” Areum shook her head, “What— what are you guys doing here?”

“Huh?” Ken squinted his eyes “No, I'm the one who supposed to ask, what are you doing here???”

“I— I—“

 

“Ah, boys!” From behind her back, Yoora came and welcomed the two boys with her arms wide open, “You should've called me, I haven't cooked anything”

Areum watched her clinging her arms to both of them, and  kissed their cheek. “A— um— so you— you guys know each other?”

Yoora turned around, and looked at the girl who has emotionally turned into a puppy. “Of course, how can I not know my sons?”

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Hello! I guess it's been awhile... huhu

 

First of all i want to say thank you to fanylover99 for recommending this story on The Epic List of VIXX stories :)) although for me personally, it's still not yet worthy of being put there huhu but then again with that i hope that I could write better and satisfies the readers hehe! 

 

I even thought of dropping this story because I feel like I didn't do it right and suddenly my school becomes tiring but then, to see that there are actually people who put their time on read and even comment makes me blush hahaha you people are too nice!

And thats why i hope that you'll bare for a bit more chapters till the end, have a nice day people! .    

 

 (it might take longer for me to update now huhu)