"Huh?"

The Sensible Ones

Hyuk shook his head and dropped himself, “Noona…” Since perhaps, he was tired of standing and hiding behind the tree. Next time, please come to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 


“Just forget it,” Areum pursed her lips, “Forget about everything that I said…”

“But that's impossible” Leo shook his head and turn around, to gaze at the girl who finally stood herself, “Now let's go home”

“But Leo!” She exclaimed, “You—“

“If you want me to not say a word about it, then I can do that” He sighed, “But how am I supposed to forget it? For once, you were being truthful to yourself and I’m glad that I got to hear it” and walked closer to her, until they were only a hand away. 

Areum crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, not saying any word.

“The best way to deal with a problem is to let it out,” Leo leaned forward and flicked her cheek, “See? I can't see your tears anymore”

She widened her eyes, as Leo narrowed the gap between them. “But-- but i still don't want to go home!” Areum shook her head and went back to the tree.


Leo didn't move and just stood still, letting her to glue herself to the tree. “Then I’m staying with you”

 

“No you’re not! Kyunggi is—“  In the middle of her rage, “Ya… Kyunggi!!!” She remembered something.

He closed his eyes and sighed, “Kyunggi is asleep already—“

“With— with who?? Who takes care of him?!” 

He shrugged, “If not mistaken, everyone is out—“

“Wae?!? Why would you left a sleeping baby alone!?” Her words turned into an exclaimed, as she rose up from the ground and started to move around.

“Cause we’re looking for you”

Areum hit her head to the nearest bark,“Ya….” and turned around, “You guys are all idiot!!!” to make her run back to home.

Ah… this girl….

 


 

 

“Areum—“

“Where’s my brother?!” Areum barged in and ignored the man who opened the door for her.

“He’s sleeping in my room,” Hakyeon shook his head and pointed at his room, “Ya! Where have you been?!?”

And still, he just ignored him and brushed off to the door that he pointed at. “Kyunggi yaaa!! Please forgive your noona!!”

 

 

 


Hakyeon put down the two cups of coffee on each of his hands, and sat himself next to Leo on the couch. “Where did you find her?”

“At this park, not really far from here…” Leo nodded and took a sip of his cup, “Have you told everyone that she’s back?”

“yeah, they’re all on their way back”.


The house was quiet, and they were the only people in the living room. There were no sounds of crying or anything, so they thought that Areum was already asleep, with Kyunggi, “I guess I have to use the couch..” on hakyeon’s room. After he peeked inside his room, he went back to Leo. “So, what do you know about her?”

Leo hummed a little, “Well, she was sad” and reclined. He wanted to tell his friend about what he knows, but, he knew that he couldn’t. “I wish I could know her longer so that I can help her…”

“What do you mean?”

“Its— it's about something that happened in her past and,” After he took his second sip, he put away his cup and turned his face on Hakyeon, “And I don't know what is it”. Beside the fact that she used to have an annoying boyfriend.

Hakyeon bit his lips, “Ah, so it's an unfinished problem, huh?” as he got a glimpse of the situation, “Well, the thing is, you can't really help her unless, she wanted your help— Hyuk?” The two guys immediately turned their faces into the front door, and the person who just entered the house. “I thought you were staying at your house”

“I can stay wherever I want” Hyuk shrugged, “And Hyung, I’m going to use the couch”

“Why?”

Hyuk stole a glance at the other Hyung who remained silent, “Cause I don't feel like sleeping in a crowded room”

“But I’m using the couch…”

“Why?”

“Cause Areum sleeps in my room” Hakyeon pointed at his room that was slightly open, “With Kyunggi”

Ah, thank god she's asleep already. “Then how about we switch—“

 

“Where?! Where is she?!” Another person stepped inside, “Areum! Where’s Areum— Hyukkie!!” and immediately clung on the other guy who stood not far from him, “Ya!! So did you find her??”

Yes.  Hyuk shook his body so that he could get out of the arms that wrapped him tightly. “No,” But that mute Hyung was the one who escorted her back.

“Oh…” Ken released his arms, “Well, then, its between the two hyung…”

“My Taekwoon found her!” Hakyeon ruffled his friend’s hair and hug him, “He found her in a park not far from here!”

‘Ah..’ ken mouthed, “But I thought I told you to go to a park thats not far from— Awch!” 

“Sorry, it slipped out of my hand” Hyuk picked up the phone that just hit Ken’s left foot, “Ah, what a dense phone” and pretend to act normal.

Hakyeon raised his hand again, “Wait, so Hyuk was also looking for her?”.

“Of course! How can my Hyukkie not—“

 

 


“Ya!! Where’s that gizibe!?!?” With her feet, Eunju kicked the door and scanned at the room, “Where is she?! I need to have a word with her!”

“Eunju!” And while panting, Ravi showed himself from behind her back, “Its late already—“

“I know! And that's why! If she’s going to make people looking for her then she supposed to do it when the sun is up!”

“Hsst” Leo hissed as he put his finger on his lips, “Kyunggi is asleep”

“And Areum too” Hakyeon winked, “So save your rage until morning”

Eunju shook herself and sat on one of the big boxes on the living room, “See! Thanks to her I have to cancel the pickup truck!” And kicked on one of it, “Ravi! Drive me home, now! I don't want to spend another night in that cheap and uncomfy bed that doesn't smells like Hongbin anymore— wait,” She scanned at the room for one more time, and sighed, “Where’s hongbeanie?”

 

 


 

 

 

“Eunju?“

“Ya!! Where are you?!”.

Hongbin held the phone away from his ear,“Argh… This little brat—“

“Hey! Don't you dare to call me a brat!!” The voice over the phone were just getting louder, “Answer me! Where are you?!”

“em…? naega?” 

“Huh?!” and a little silence filling the time for a little before “Hongbin?! Are you drunk?!” another person got into the line.

“Em…? Hyung?” Hongbin put down the phone on the counter and used his hand to grab the bottle in front of him, “I don't think I’m drunk but I’m drunk now” He said before he took a sip of the green bottle. 

“Aaa! You’re drunk! Ya!! Where are you?!”

Hongbin pat at the guy who stand in front of him, “Where am I?”

The guy just shook his head, “Tell your friends to pick you up,” and gave him a paper.

“Em… Hyung, the guy in front of me told me to tell you guys to pick me up—“

“YA! You’re drunk!! Just where are you now?!” . 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


“Oh god…” His eyes just closed right after he found his friend asleep in the counter.

“Ravi, you pick him up”. Eunju took out her wallet, asked for the bill, “How much did he drink?”

“150,000 won” The bartender answered, “He just passed out not long ago”

“Thank you,” She gave him an extra won, “Keep the change,”

what kind of change is 50,000 won….?

“Consider it as a thank you for watching over him” Eunju nodded and walked out of the bar, “Ravi, come on!”

Ravi placed his hands on his friend’s shoulder and helped him get up, “Ya! Wait for us!”

 

 

 

 


The ride back home was rather silence, As Ravi sat alone in the front seat because Eunju chose to sit next to hongbin and took care of him. “Yeah, is he awake already?” From the front mirror, Ravi took a glance of the two people behind him.

“Nope, I think he’ll wake up at noon or something” Eunju looked for a bottle of water in her bag so that she could give it to him. “Ewkh, He smells awful!”

“Just let him be,” Ravi tightened his grip on the steer, “He’ll wake up anyway…”

“As If I could,” After she found it, she opened the cap and shook the shoulder next to her, “hey! Wake up! Drink this first!”

Oh yeah, right, you could never leave him, right?


“Em….” A groaned was leaving the sleeping guy’s mouth, “We.. Where am I?” 

Eunju carefully helped him to drink the water, “You’re on your way back to the house”

Hongbin nodded and opened his mouth for  a little, just enough to take a quick gulp.

 

“Ya,” As the car stopped at the red light, he turned around, “What did you do to her?”

“Ra—“

“Hsst!” Ravi told the girl to shut up, “What did you do to Areum?” 

 

“Em? I did nothing wrong”. He shook his head and continued his sleep, “It was only a kiss”

 

 

After a long silence, “Ya!!! How could you say that it was only a kiss?!!?!?” Ravi shouted his thought, “Hongbin—“

“Why did you kiss her?” In reverse of him, Eunju was rather calm.

“Why?” Even when he’s unconscious, he still got to show his dimple that followed his warm small, “Because I love her”

 

 

 

There was another silence intruded, and it made Ravi turn around again to checked on the girl. “Eunju?”

She just smiled and estranged herself from the sleeping guy. No words, not even the slightest sound came out of , as she calmly stared at the window that showed nothing but the night streets. I hate your honesty, more than anything.

 

 


 


“Anyeong,” Hakyeon waved his hand at the girl who finally came out of his room, “Its almost lunch”

“Oh, Where’s Kyunggi?” Areum brushed her eyes and walked to the kitchen.

 

“Noona!”. Areum choked on the water that she just drank, and turned around. “Noona!”

She crouched, and open her arms, “Kyu— kyunggi?” to welcome his brother and picked him up, “Did— did you just call me Noona??”

“Noona!”

 


Hakyeon clapped his hands, “Wah… daebak…”.


“YA!! Everyone!! Kyunggi just called me Noona!!!” She started to dance around with her brother, “YA!! My brother acknowledges me!!” and ran to the backyard.

 

“Haish…” With his sleepy face, Ravi came out of the room, “I’m trying to sleep you know…”

“Look who already got her voice,” Hakyeon pointed at the big window that faced the backyard, where they could see Eunju and Kyunggi ran and playing around, “and her spirit back”

“Huft that girl… Eh, Where’s Eunju?” Ravi threw himself onto the couch and laid back, “And where’s the other?”

“ Eunju already left before breakfast” Hakyeon sat in front of the ironing boards, and place a shirt on the top of it, “Hongbin still asleep I think, in the chaebol’s room. Ken went to his class already, Hyuk is… is I don't know, he’s somewhere in the house, doing something, and so does Leo” and started to ironed it. "Huft, I have a lot of things to do.."

“So basically everyone is just quiet?”

“Yup”

 

 


 

 

 


“Hyuk,” Leo called for him, “Hyuk,” for more than one time, “Hyuk!” Until Hyuk turned around from his desk.

“Ehm?” The youngest took off his earphone, and respond.

“Can you get me a towel?” And the Leo who just showed his wet upper body part from behind the bathroom door, pointed at the towel that hanged on his desk, “Please?”

Hyuk didn't say a word as he reached for it, and threw it to his hyung. 

“Thanks” 

 

 

 

He got up from his chair, and went to his bed. “Argh…” Hyuk leaned at the headboard and played with his phone as he just scrolled it randomly. Last night, He didn't have a good sleep. Probably because it was the first time for him to sleep in a couch “Noona…” or maybe just because he couldn't stop thinking about yesterday. 

“Akh! The light!!” 

Hyuk eyed at Hongbin who just sat himself on the bed in front of him “Oh, you’re finally awake”.

“Hmm… Hyukkie… the curtain…. please…”. Hyuk grabbed the remote next to him, and pressed a button that automatically made the curtain closed for itself. “Whoa… I don't know that we have that kind of technology…”

“That's because it only applies in this room” 

Hongbin nodded and laid back to the mattress and rolled around, “Why am I in here? and why is this bed is so nice…”

“That’s because you were drunk and Hakyeon still couldn't figure out a place to put that bed, our warehouse is full with Eunju noona's stuff…” The room was still filled with four beds since Eunju didn't care about bringing it back home nor selling it. 

 

 

 

“Hyung,”

“Huh?”

“Huh?”

Hongbin and Leo who just came out of the bathroom flicked at the same time. 

“Eh, Hongbin Hyung,” Hyuk clarified, “You… you went to the same high school as Areum Noona, right?”

 

“Ye.. Yeah…” Hongbin who was just about to stand, froze on his bed, Oh … Areum…

Hyuk breathed in before he continued; “Do you, perhaps, know who she was dating back then?”

And Leo, who was about to leave the room also stopped his hand from touching the knob.

Hongbin shook his head, “I— I don't know, why?” and got up from the bed. ! What should I say to her?!?!. 

“really?”

“Yeah!!” Without a warn, Hongbin raised his voice as he felt like he was being choke by his thoughts. ! ! ! Hongbin How are you going to face her?!?!. “As— As far as I know, She never had a boyfriend, well— thats— thats what I remember!”. Hongbin heaved and rushed himself out of the room, Dong you better apologise to her!.