good luck

The Sensible Ones

It has been three days since Soonbok-ssi keep sending ‘I’m sorry the Mu’s still trying to clean the house’ to Areum. a three consecutive mornings for her to woke up early and prepared a breakfast for seven people. Areum never complains, in fact, she asked for more things to do. Everyone has been so nice to her and especially Kyunggi. They even let them to re-create the exact toy story corner like the one they had at home, and take turns on taking care of Kyunggi when Areum is off to work.

 

…………….

 

She woke up at 7.00 am, a bit later than the usual. 

 

“Uh? Why is he sleeping on the couch?” Areum who’s still half awake bumped into hakyeon and the couch.

“Is he drunk or something?” She suspected the alcohol. 

 

“Leo uses my room”

Hakyeon changed his position, covering his face with a pillow.

“ Cause he wants to sleep with Kyunggi, he said that Kyunggi can't sleep with Hyuk snoring like a pig”

 

“So Kyunggi choose to sleep with Leo rather than me now.. ” Areumm rubbed her eyes so that she could fully awake and went to the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung!! why are you still sleeping?!!” while buttoning his uniform, Hyuk tried to wakes Hakyeon up.

“Hyung its almost eight!!”

 

 

“Its saturday, Hyukie”

Hakyeon threw his pillow to Hyuk’s face.

“Go on a date or something”

 

“Saturday?”. Hyuk looked at his phone,

“Ah, it is Saturday! I’m so stupid…”

 

After finished cooking, Areum bring a pot of soup to the dinner table, “Hyuk? What’s with the uniform?” 

 

 Hyuk helped her with the table setting, “Morning Noona, I thought that its still school days, hehe”.

 

“Ah, when I was your age, I always thought that everyday is Sunday”. She went back to the kitchen, looking for bowls.

“Is the breakfast is too early? Cause I usually eats at six thirty”

 

“No, it's okay, there’s nothing wrong with waking up early in the morning, you got to see the sun!” Hyuk revealed the curtain and the sun shines for a little part of the room, which was Hakyeon and the couch.

 

“Hey! Turn off the light!”. Hakyeon curled up under his blanket.

 

“I can’t, its Eco friendly”. Hyuk pulled off his hyung’s blanket.

“Look at you, hyung, you’re the one who needs a girlfriend” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“UWAAAH! UWAAAAH!”. Finally, the new brothers are awake. 

Leo was holding at the crying baby’s hand and walked to the kitchen.

“Areum, where’s his milk?” He poked on the girl who’s been standing in front of the oven with an earphone plugged on her ears and dances randomly.

 

“Ahh! You scared me!”

Areum turned around and almost bump into Leo’s chest. She picked up Kyunggi, and cheered him.

“Oh, it's on the cabinet, inside the red keeper”

 

Leo opened the cabinet and grab the red keeper and took an empty bottle from the dish rack,

“Five spoon is enough?”

 

“Yes, it's enough”. It doesn't take much for Areum to make his little brother stop crying. Just by patting on his back, Kyunggi will feel at ease in no seconds.

“Thank you! The temperature is perfect!”. She received the bottle from Leo and shook it for her brother.

“Have you eaten? Is the soup’s cold already? Should I warm it for you?” 

 

“No, you don't have to,” He shook his head. 

“what are you baking?”

 

“Ah, yes, I make some cookies”. She bent down and checked on the oven.

“Should be done in fifteen minutes..”

 

“kookiee” said Kyunggi.

 

“Yes, would you like some cookies?”. Leo always smiled brighter whenever he listens to Kyunggi saying some words.

 

“Kookiee!” Kyunggi open his arms, asking for Leo to snatch him away.

 

“Look at him, he's so into you..” Areum gave his brother to Leo.

“What if one day he calls you daddy?”

 

Leo blushed and look away.

“Ehm, I taught him to call me Hyung..” 

 

“Hahahaha, I know, you’re the best Hyung he could ever ask for”

Areum took out her phone, 

 

CLICK

 

And took a picture of them.

“You both equally cute in this picture!” she chuckled.

 

“Ah, please delete it..” Leo covered his face, he’s been as conscious as always.

 

“Huh? But you look like a baby too, you always look like one when you just wake up”. Areum showed him the picture.

“See?”

 

Leo seemed ike he wanted to smile but he couldnt  He knew that the best thing to do was to hide his face and the redness that spread through his cheek.

“Then I’m the ugliest baby ever”

 

“Well Kyunggi is the cutest baby on earth so..” Areum grined.

“Please, can I at least crop you out? Kyunggi was smiling with his new born teeth!”

 

“Just do whatever you want..” Leo gave up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung can I eat your soup?” Hongbin appeared, as he leaned on the kithen arch.

“It's getting cold”

 

“Oh, right—“ Leo gave the baby to Areum. 

“Ah, I’m going to eat first”. And so he left the kitchen with a bowl in his hand.

 

“Getting fond of him?” Hongbin mumbled. He was actually there for a moment.

 

“Who? Kyunggi? It's obvious that he likes him the most—“

 

“No, you”. Hongbin opened the fridge and snatch a bottle of juice. 

 

“Well, actually everyone’s here is outrageously nice..” Areum leaned on the cabinet.

 

“Outrageously??” Hongbin almost spill some juice.

 

 

“Yeah, I mean I was a stranger three days ago and now I selfishly feel like I’m a member of this family..” Areum pouted and look around, a habit that she always makes whenever she feel uncomfortable.

 

“Have I always count as a stranger?” Hongbin flicked his finger.

 

“Hmm? You? No” Areum's shocked.

 

TING

 

The oven rang.

 

“Ah, can you hold him for a second,” Areum leaned forward and gave Kyunggi into hongbin’s hand. 

“Try to put his near your elbow, that will be easier” She corrected his gesture.

 

“Like this?”. Hongbin tried to follow her instructions.

 

 

 

“Yup”.

Areum kneeled and open the oven.

The smell of freshly baked cookies started to spread.

 

 

Hongbin sensed it,

“It smells good, Ken might wake up for this”.

“Can Kyunggi eats the cookie?”

 

“Sure, it's a soft cookie” Areum took out the tray and put it on the counter.

“Its his favorites, hope you guys like it cause I adjust the ingredients to Kyunggi’s standard—“

 

“Hey, later on,”.

Hongbin lowered his voice,

“Would you like to accompany me looking for the… toys that I broke? I mean, I don't know where to buy it cause—“

 

Areum was surprised.

“Oh, no, it's okay, Kyunggi doesn't seem to miss it that much—“

 

“No,”

Hongbin cut off.

“I mean, I want to—“

 

“Okay then”. She stuffed a cookie into Hongbin’s mouth.

 

“Awch!!! its hot!!”. He tried to not spill it. 

 

“Ahahaha!”.

Both Areum and Kyunggi just laugh at him.

 

 


 

 

“Hyung, where’s the car key?” Ravi looked busy on digging at every piles of anything that he saw in front of him.

 

“Huh? On the table” Hakyeon still not moving from his couch. This time he got a TV to make him stayed longer.

“Going early to the studio?”

 

“Yeah, I want to go to the gym first, I feel pumped all of a sudden”. Finally, Ravi found the key.

“I feel like I can find some inspiration there..” He stared at nothing.

 

“Make sure to take a shower first before you leave” Hakyeon kept on changing the channels.

 

 Ravi wrapped Haekyeon’s face with his arm. “I did! Here, can you smell this beautiful smell of mine??”

 

“Tsk, you block the TV!”  He pushed him away.

 

“Ouch”, 

Areum’s startled as She bumped into Ravi.

 

“Hakyeon push—“

“Where are you going?” Ravi scanned at areum from head to toe. Wearing a blouse and jeans, Areum looks casually prettier than the usual T-shirt and trunks that she wears around the house.

 

“Do You have a boyfriend??” Hakyeon intervened.

 

“No..”. 

Areum doesnt get them or  their point.

“I’m going out with Hongbin and Kyunggi”

 

Hakyeon and Ravi exchanged some stares.

 

“Hyung, where’s the—“

Hongbin who just got out of his room paused a second, right after he noticed at what's on Ravi’s hand.

“Areum, let's just take the bus”

 

“No, no, both of you, sit” Hakyeon pointed at the empty seats.

 

Unlike Hongbin, Areum chose to listen to him.

 

“What are you? Our dad?” Hongbin refused to sit.

 

“I often feel like one..”

Hakyeon took off his blanket and turn off the TV.

“I’m just curious, where are you guys going?”

 

“Oh, we’re going to buy a toy for Kyunggi” Areum answered.

 

“But.. Don't you think that Kyunggi have enough of toys?” Ravi pointed at the Kyunggi’s corner, where Kyunggi, Ken, Leo and Hyuk are now happily playing together..

 

Areum realized something.

“Yeah, I agree,"

"but Hongbin insist to—“

 

“Actually, I broke Kyunggi’s favorites, and so I have to buy a new one!” Hongbin exclaimed.

 

Hakyeon just nodded.

“Okay, Ravi you drive them to where they want to go first before you do your stuff”. He decided.

 

“Why??” Both Ravi and Hongbin was on the same page.

 

“Do you guys really want that innocence baby becoming the victim of your selfishness by making him feeling the hectic of a bus at such a young age?” He pointed at the crowd of three adults and one baby recreating the toy story plays.

 

Ravi still tried to bid,

“Then can I just drove Kyunggi and both of them can ride the bus—“

 

“We don't have a baby car seat, someone must hold on to him”.

After more than an hour, Haekyeon finally gott out of the couch. 

He walked towards the Kyunggi’s corner, and lifted the baby.

 

“Hey! We haven't finished the story!”

Ken complained, as he watch Hakyeon took over the baby.

 

Hakyeon just ignored him and went back to Ravi, Hongbin and Areum.

“Here, have a safe drive”. He gave Kyunggi to Areum, and pushed Hongbin and Ravi towards the door.

“Ravi you better drive wisely”.


 

“Woah….” Areum was wowed by the car that parked in the garage. She didn't expect this.

“A family van!”

 

“You’re the first girl to ride with Bobby”. Ravi cleaned the car’s windows.

“Girls don't really like Bobby for some reason..”

 

“But Bobby is awesome! It fits up to… what? 10 people?!” she was still amazed.

 

“Actually, it can only fit up to seven or so, but yeah, no matter how unfashionable this car is, this is what we need”. Hongbin opened the garage.

 

“Bobby?” Kyunggi repeated.

 

“It's a car, and his name is Bobby!” ravi exclaimed.

 

Hongbin opened the trunk and put away the stroller.

“Are you going to drive?” he asked.

 

 Ravi went inside the car, and park out. “Yep, I’m a smarter driver than you”

“Hey Hongbin, you’re going to sit next to me, ya!” 

 

“fine, what ever”.

 

 


 

 

Kyunggi’s soon fell asleep on his sister’s arm not long after the car’s move since He was tired from playing with the chaebols. Meanwhile Areum continued her habit of listening to music with her phone+earphones, isolating herself from the world.

 

But It's a bit awkward for Ravi and Hongbin, who just sat and couldm't listen to music because of the sleeping baby. Well, Hongbin have the advantage of not being the driver, so he can play with his phone, but Ravi felt like he wanted to just go to his studio and make more money.

 

“Hongbin, talk to me”. Ravi muttered

 

As preducted, Hongbin chose to stay with his phone. “I don’t want to” 

 

“I’m not the driver, Kay?” Ravi snatched the phone out of hongbin’s hand.

“Just look at what you’re doing, browsing at toy story—“

 

“Hyung told you to drive wisely, remember?” Hongbin took his phone back.

 

“But its red light! Ay Ay It's a Red light light~” Ravi started to move around.

 

“Don't wake up the baby, Areum will be pissed off” 

Hongbin look at the back seat and checked on the other passengers.

 

AFter awhile, Ravi realized that Hongbin keept on checking the backseat from the rear-view mirror.

“Hongbin, this is the first time I saw you were this close to a girl—"

 

“Huh?” Hongbin stared at Ravi and making a disapprovement face.

“Hey, what if she listened—“

 

“Nope, she won't. We still can hear the music clearly you know”

The lights turn into green and Ravi started to drive again.

“I bet Kyunggi is now dreaming about some cowboy, astronauts, dinosaurs and a potato forming a boy band, and sings something like, we’re not your toys baby, cause we got our own story~” Ravi start edto rap.

 

Hongbin ignored him and goes back to his phone.

 

“But Hongbin, seriously,”. Ravi muttered,

“You guys are more than friends, right? At least one of you thoughts so”

 

Hongbin put on an earphone 

 

 

“Hey! Why are you putting on your earphone! It's unfair! Hongbin Talk to me!!”

He used his right hand to shake his buddy.

 

“Stop it!” Hongbin couldnt help it when Ravi started to tickle him.

“Fine, lets share it” He took out one of his earphones and put it in Ravi’s right ears.

 

“What's with the song?!” Ravi started to laugh.

cause alllll of meee, loves a llllll of youuuuu~” 

 

“Nah, You’re too noisy”. Hongbin snatched back his earphone, and looked away to the window.

 

Ravi stole a glance at him.

“Well what ever Hongbin, good luck”

 

……………………………………………………………………………….

 

After 30 minutes of driving, Ravi stopped the car.

“You guys go now”

 

“Aren't you going to come with us?”

Areum slid the door, and found Hongbin all ready with the stroller.

She carefully placed the sleeping Kyunggi on the stroller, then got out of the car.

 

“No, I’m going to be late for my training”.Ravi explained.

“Have a nice dat—“

“day!” He said as he hit on the pedal again and leave them be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And now Hongbin, Areum and Kyunggi were standing in the middle of Myeongdong.

 

“Hongbin,” Areum called for him, the guy who was still struggling to adjust the stroller and the baby's position.

“Are you okay with this?”

 

“What do you mean?” Finally, he’s done with the stroller and ready for a walk.

 

“What if,”

“What if people mistaken us as a couple?”