Sick.

The Sensible Ones

“What are you doing here?” Hyuk sneered at the first person he saw right after he got out of the school gate.

 

“Are you expecting someone else? Well, guess what, today is your lucky day” Hongbin wrapped his arm on the boy shoulder, but Hyuk quickly refused it. “I don't want to be here too, I feel old” Hongbin keep looking away whenever there's a student, a  female student to be exact, who land their eyes on him.

 

“Still, what are you doing here?”

 

Hongbin showed Hyuk a text on his phone, “There, Your brother told me to pick you up and get you to that place”. 

 

Hyuk read the text, and was surprised by it. “Oh okay, but I don't want to go with you” Hyuk leave Hongbin behind and walked to the bus station.

 

“What?? Hey! But I drove all the way from my college to here!” Hongbin ran to catch up on Hyuk, “Hey!”

 

“Hyung, you already got your driving license?” While kept on walking in front, Hyuk made a time to be curious.

 

“Yes, and Ken told me that You have to be accompanied by someone. Everyone else is busy and I’m the one who’s unfortunately available, so trust me, If I could, I don't want you to be here”

 

“Ah, right, I need to be accompanied… no, actually I need to be escorted” Hyuk turns around and walk in a different direction, “Okay, Hyung, you come with me but you have to stay outside”

 

“EH? Why??”

 

“Cause its none of your business”

 

 


 

 

“Arent you going to do anything?” Hakyeon place two cup of latte on the table and sat on the empty chair next to Leo, “you know, about Areum…"

 

“correct me If I’m wrong,” Leo locked his eyes on Hakyeon, “but she need to be in love, right?”

 

“Yeah.. I guess so? but with Ke—“

 

Leo doesn't need to hear it till the end, cause there's only one thing that set in his head. “Then I’ll just show her what love is”.

 

 

 


 

 

 

“I told you not to come—“

 

“Woah….” But its too late, Hyuk just couldn't stop Hongbin’s curiosity since he already entered the place, “A jewellery shop??”. He was amazed by the view and the smell of diamonds. “What— oh, is it for the engagement ring?”

 

“Ah, can I see this one, and…. this one?” Hyuk ignored the question and went back to the counter and the unlimited chooses he have. “Ah, and that one too”.

 

The dealer can only make assumptions since he’s now serving a high school boy who’s looking for a billion won ring. “Ah, this one is starting from 900,000 won, its a very good choice—“

 

“But The design look old, how about this one?” Surprisingly, Hyuk have a clint eyes for things like this.

 

“Well, ah, the other two cost more than 1,5 billion….” 

 

Hyuk squinted his eyes, “I know, I come here to buy a ring, not a candy…” He could see that the dealer feel awkward in front of him, “Well, get me something that similar with these two”

 

After he saw a space for him to intrude, Hongbin stand next to Hyuk. “I never saw you care so much over a thing…”

 

“I want to choose the best ring for her,” Hyuk is rather calm than before, “A ring that live up to her name—“

 

“Ehem,” Hongbin clear his throat.

 

Hyuk just realised that he spoke too much, “Well— Hyung! I told you to wait outside!”

 

“You’re on your freaking uniform and you want to buy a million won diamond ring? Seriously?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The dealer come back with some other choice, as requested. “Ah, so these are my brother’s taste… interesting!” Hongbin rub the hair of his friend and cling to him. Both Hyuk and the dealer put on the same look of confusion. “Yeah, me and my brother plan to buy a ring for our— I mean, my girlfriend”

 

Hyuk scoffed in distrust. 

 

“Oh— Okay,” Meanwhile the dealer tried to adjust with the new background story, “Well, then your brother must be very close with her”

 

 Hyuk let a smile to stated it all, “Closer than he thinks"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung!!” Once he found a chance to confront him, Hyuk took it, “What was that about!?”

 

“Well, that was about everything,” In return, Hongbin gave Hyuk the warmest smile he has, “Now lets clear out everything, Hyukkie, I like her”

 

A gasp escaped from Hyuk’s mouth, “FInally, Hyung, I was waiting for the clarification”.

 

Hongbin softly glared at Hyuk as he ruffled his hair at the same time. “So you better watch me, Kid”.

 

“Kid?” Hyuk let Hongbin to mess his hair, “Well then you’re messing with the wrong kid, Hyung”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The dealer came back after he could find a space in, “

“So, have you guys set your mind?”

 

“I think I’ll go with this one”

 

“I think I’ll go with this one”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

An awkward silence intrudes, “Okay, We’ll go with this one…” Followed by the ring that travelled from the counter to the little red box and it's ready to be given to someone.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Unlike the others, Ravi got himself a peaceful hour with Kyunggi as they spend some time in the park. 

 

“Kyunggi-ya” Ravi put down the guitar and gave a bottle of milk to the little guy next to him, “Eunju gave us 50.000 won, what should we do with this?”. He wagged the money and gave it to Kyunggi, “You know what, it was never her fault for torturing me like this,”.  His eyes are lost in the view of a quiet evening and the calming breeze“I’m the real coward who can't even man up and tell her how I feel, even after she broke up”  whether the baby understood or not, Ravi didn't care. “Should I tell her or not? I mean, even if she still worships dong ing hongbin, and making me feel like whenever she talks about it…”

 

“?” And apparently the baby understood some part of it. “?”

 

“Crap, Areum will definitely kill me, erase! Erase!” Ravi jumped from his seat, “I said the Duck! Quack, quack!” He flapped his hands around.

 

 

 

 

“Omo! Look at that guy, he’s so cute!”. Ravi gained some attention from the people that passéd around, “Ah! A perfect namja, if only he could be my boyfriend” and they’re all girls who seem to be honest and loud.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“See, even she wanted me to be her boyfriend!”. Loud enough for Ravi to hear. “Kyunggi, do you think this perfect namja Ravi will find his happy ending?” Kyunggi leaned forward and gave Ravi a peck on the cheek. “I'll take that as a yes” 

 

 

 

 


 

 

“Hyung, I’m home—“

 

“GUYS PLEASE HELP US !!” Areum and Ken bowed at the two guys who just entered living room, “Please!!!”

 

Hongbin and Hyuk weren't expecting that kind of 90 degrees bow. “Help? with—“

 

 

 

 

“Oh, everyone is here already??” And with only seconds of interval, Hakyeon And Leo showed up on the front door, “Whats with the—“

 

“HYUNG PLEASE DONT SIGN THE PAPER!!” The bowed shift to Leo, “Please!!”

 

Leo frowned and walk himself to the kitchen, since he doesn't get them at all.

 

 

 

 

“Woah, so many people….” The last couple to come home was Ravi and Kyunggi, “Are we always this bunch of a crowd before?”

 

“RAVI YOU’RE OUR ONLY HOPE!!” The third and the last bowed was given to Ravi. “AND EUNJU IS SICK! DEFINITELY!”

 

“Sick?” Ravi walked across the room and faced Eunju who was sitting on the couch. He place his hand on her temple, and slips to the forehead.

 

“I am not sick!” Eunju got rid of the hand, “Ken and Areum was just exaggerating!”.

 

“We were not!” and so every eyes were set back on the new couple. 

 

Eunju rolled her eyes to the side, “yes you were! I was just telling you both to sleep together, and you guys just snapped like that, like, I don't get it!”.

 

 

“You telling them to what?!” It was only normal for everyone who just got home to say that. 

 

 

“Oh My God don't tell me you guys are just a bunch of close minded people”. A paper was given to Everyone by Eunju, “Now read this carefully!”

 

 

 

 

 

IMPORTANT

 

 

Based on my Observation during some enough time I spent with Park Jaehwan And Lee Areum, or should we call ‘the couple’, there are some important thing to be noticed, as you can see bellow:

 

 

-Areum didn't even know Ken’s shoe size.

 

-Ken never stood right next to her, as he always kept his distance with her within one meter.

 

-The two of them have so little knowledge about each other

 

-The two of them will never convince a single person in this earth that they’re dating.

 

-Their love is faker than an arrangement married.

 

 

If the couple continues to behave and act like this, the chance of the plan to succeed is only 10%. The other 90% could result in many things that we wouldn't want to know, such as Ken to be blacklisted as the heir. 

 

 

 

The key for everyone to make it out alive is that they have to be in love.

 

For everyone who has been in love, aren't we agree on one thing? That love was always start with something little and simple?

 

 

 

 

 

After doing a comprehensive analysis, I see the main problem is that they never pay attention towards each other nor spend their time together. Due to the circumstances above, the two of them were unable to find anything little or simple to love from their partners.

 

 

And so I came up with a good solution for them, that will also need a support from you;

 

They still have three days left until the dinner date, and with that little amount of time, I believe that they should spend 72 hours of being with each other. The couple should spend their time together to the fullest so they can build more chemistry, and the most important is to find the little thing to be aware of.

 

In other words, I want them to not miss a thing from their partners, including; their routine, works, studies, and habits. 

 

 

 

There are several requirements for this to happen and succeed, such as:

 

-Both Areum and Ken have to sign the paper and agree to work their best for everyone’s sake.

 

-Both Areum and Ken need to sleep in the same room* so they can have a more natural-clear activity of their habits on day and night

 

-Both Areum and Ken have to diligently pay attention towards each other

 

-Both Areum and Ken must go through this professionally.

 

 

 

 

And as I said before, I will need your support, for only three specific things, which are:

 

-Making sure that they fulfil the requirements

 

-NOT doing any kind of intervenes 

 

-Give them any kind of support.

 

 

 

 

I can make sure that everything is fine and well planed by offering you a full insurance for everything that will happen in this house for the next 72 hours. There will also be a camera on the room** where the couple will spend their nights so that everyone can monitor what they're doing and keep everything on track and professional***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And that’s just about everything, if you have further question you can ask me directly or via email. Or text. Or call.

 

 

I need everyone's agreement and full support in order for them to make their biggest lie so far. And by signing this paper, You’re helping a future of a woman and a man to not have their life tied up by the legality of paper and giving them the chance to find their true love.

 

 

 

Please sign the paper above your name:

 

 

 

KANG EUNJU    

 

-The person who will take her full responsibility over this matter-

 

 

 

 

 

LEE AREUM     PARK JAEHWAN

 

-The people that will do anything to pull this off-

 

 

 

DONG HAKYEON    DONG HONGBIN    JUNG TAEKWOON****    KIM WONSHIK    PARK SANGHYUK****

 

-The people that will do anything to support their friends-

 

 

 

 

Notes: 

 

*I said in the same ROOM not the same BED. Clear enough?

 

**The couple will sleep in the current room of Park Jaehwan, and his other two roommates, Jung Taekwoon and Park Sanghyuk. An additional bed will be provided for Lee Areum. Since We all fully aware of the circumstances, there’s an additional rule of KEEP YOUR DISTANCE FROM THE LADY. Please make sure to not go anywhere near two meters when you’re in the same room with her.

 

**I respect their privacy so it is POSSIBLE for the camera can be turned off by request of Lee Areum or Park Jaehwan.

 

**** Since you will have to spend your nights with the couple too, I would like to ask your full support for the couple and the most important is TO KEEP YOUR DISTANCE.

 

 

 

“Eunju-ya…” Ravi broke the silence, “You really are sick….”