Evening's intersection.

The Sensible Ones

“Who is she? tell me! tell me!!”

 

Hyuk tried to keep his distance from sungjae, as he strolled around the park to clear his head. 

 

“I’ll help you!! Just tell me who is she and what kind of person is this magical person, then I’ll help you!” And without giving a damn, Sungjae kept on following his friend no matter what.

“So that’s why you always reject girls! Hah! Park Sanghyuk is into w o m a n not girls!!” He exclaimed, bolding a certain part of his line.

 

“Can you just be quiet for a second?” Hyuk fasten his walk.

 

“No! Cause I’m so happy, Hyuk! All this time I was afraid that you liked me!!” Sungjae lant a hug on Hyuk.

“Ah, that blushing face of a fine young man—“

 

“Get lost,” Hyuk tried to push Sungjae away,

“and even If would like a guy, by any chance, it won't be you”

 

“Tsk! That is unfair! I would totally date you if I were a girl!” Sungjae got his hands away from him, and fix his tie.

“Go on a date with her, so then girls will stop confessing at you, and it will be Sungjae’s time to shine!” 

 

“Its not that eas—“ 

To stopped himself from speaking too much, Hyuk put his earphone on. Instantly shutting off any kind of things that he didn't want to hear or know.

 

“Ya!!!” For the second time of the day, Sungjae grasped his friend’s phone away, then kept it in his pocket.

“Of course it's not easy! But I can help you!”

 

It wasn't that interesting for Hyuk to listen to his friend or to care about his phone. And by that, He decided to continue walking, knowing that he’s only a couple steps away from the bus stop.

 

“Then let me just call her now,” Not wanting to be ignored, he has no chose but to raise his voice and begged some attention. 

“Let me see, the only female name that I don't recognise is—“

 

Before it was too late again, Hyuk turned around and took his phone back,

“Can you stop—“

 

“Areum? The last call was from Areum Noona” A bright smile and sarcastic grins emerged.

“She must be very, very beautiful” Sungjae tilted his head, take a look on Hyuk’s blushing face.

“Hyukkawaii, girls are crazy over this expresion of yours!”

 

“Do you still want me to accompany you to that—“

“To that— I don't know what kind of event that you were excited earlier, and I don't really care,” Hyuk crossed his arm and putting on a serious face

“Or not?”

 

Well, there was only one answer, 

“No,” Sungjae grab his friend’s hand and drag him to the opposite direction,

“You’re the priority now, let me show you how to be a Noona killer”

 


 

 

He was finally done with his last class for today, and quickly packed his things up. As he took off his glasses, girls started to secretly fangirling over his figure. There’s even a rumour saying that he has his own fan club. Always Keeping up with his routine of going home straight after he’s done with his education needs, he didn't care or even notice those kind of attention.

 

And after he finished putting his last book in his bag, he put on his backpack and trotted out the room while typing on his phone,

 

 

Areum,

 

Are you done with your shift? wait for me.

 

-hongbin

 

 


 

 

“So Ravi is rich too?”

 

And after one hour of driving, Finally Areum get to see the legendary place that everyone is talking about. Ravi’s own studio, located in the middle of the city. He owned the second floor of a building where there’s a bakery shop on the first floor and an office on the third floor.

 

“He’s on the right track, but still far away from the park family level” Ken opened the door for Areum, letting her to go in first.

“If I’m not mistaken, he bought this place with his own money, I don't know how, but that's kinda awesome—“

“Wonshik! we’re here!” he shouted.

 

Meanwhile Areum was busy with the rooms detail. Its not Ravi, not at all. Very neat. In a not so big room, There’s a tv, sofa, racks of disk, stereo, guitar, keyboard, and a desk. All colored are synched with the theme black and white. There’s only one window that faces on the street. On the corner of the room, there are two doors. One of it seems like the toilet and one of it seems to be the real studio, Ravi’s working station.

“Why can’t he just live here?”she was still wowed.

 

“I know right, I want to trade my cars with this—“

 

“Finally! what took you guys so long!” Ravi came out of the toilet and greet his friend.

 

“Ah, I’m so sorry” Areum bowed, feeling that it was partly her fault because Kyunggi is her responsibility.

 

“No, no, I was blaming on Ken, not you,” He opened the next door and goes inside the room.

“Guys, Kyunggi is sleeping here, he’s so cute!”

 

Ken and Areum walked in, following Ravi to enter the room that seemed to be the essential part of the floor. 

 

“Ravi this place is—“

But then Right after Areum entered the room, she became annoyed with the view she had.

“Disgusting! Oh my God!”. Boxes of pizza, snack wrapper, soda can, papers, magazine, theres stuff on all over the place. And so she wasa hundred percent sure that Ravi owns this place. The room was like a duplicate of His bedroom, minus the bed plus some music instruments, speakers and many other studio equipment that she didn't know the name of it.

 

“Disgusting? It's comfy! Look at your brother over there, sleeping like an angel—“

 

Areum went straight to her little brother who’s asleep on a couch, and picked him up. 

“How could you do this to him? He smells like you!” She sniffed on his brother.

 

“Ya, Ravi, how can you make money in this kind of place?” Ken tried to look for a place to sit.

 

“With this!!” Ravi grabbed a cd from the table, raise it in the air, and start to dance around.

“ken I’m crawling to your garage!”

 

“Is that a tape—“

 

“Ken!” Areum covered her ears.

 

“Tsk,” 

"Ken, this disk, holds the future of the Korean music industry. It's the code of every beautiful notes that going to slay every chart of—“

 

“I thought you had a place to go” Ken mumbled.

 

 

"Right.."

By turning his eyes to areum, Ravi clucked off,

“ahgassi, you’re coming with me” and pointed at her..

 

“Wae?!” Both newcomer were taken aback.

 

Ravi walked towards Areum and grabbed her by the hand, pulling her away from the mess in the corner. 

“Because I need you! please!” he begged

 

“For what??” She followed him out, and Leave Kyunggi to Ken.

 

Ravi scaned at Ken from head to toe

“Its hard to explain, but—“

“Ken can I borrow your key?”

 

“My key? why?”.

 

He stretched his hands out and reach for Ken’s pocket.

“There’s no way I would drive Bobby to that kind of place” Ravi grabbed his backpack from the chair and leave the room.

 

“Wait!! but who will hold on to Kyunggi??” With tons confusion, Ken protested.

 

“Oh, don’t worry, I just bought a car seat, and its toy story. Kyunggi will love it!” Not forgetting his friend, he dragged Areum out too.

“Come on! I don’t want to be late!”

 

 

 

 

Ken watched the two of them left the room as if he and Kyunggi was never there.

“Kyunggi…” He muttered

“eottoghe?”

 


 

 

“So, the key of stealing a noona’s heart, okay, stealing, not yet to the phase of dating,” Sungjae took a sip of his soda that he just open.

“You have to be mature and cute at the same time!”

 

In front of a convenience store, Hyuk just satt next to Sungjae and prepare himself for the worst advice of the year.

 

“You have to be able to stand up, be a gentleman, show her that age is not a problem—“

“Wait, how old is she?”

 

“twenty—”

“Ah, this is stupid, why the hell am I here in the first place!” Hyuk got up from his chair. but then before he got to make more move, Sungjae immediately grab his shirt and told him to sit again.

“Seriously, we have homework to do. Lots of them”

 

“I know, it can wait, but love can’t!”

Sungjae resedt his back on the chair, taking some moment to think.

“Do you know how happy I am for you? I’ve seen you miserable over love and it was painful. I don't want to be a shoulder to cry on again, I want to be the ear that listens to every cute stuff that happens in the life of Park Sanghyuk!”

 

“I never cry on your shoulder,” Hyuk sighed.

“And your line is so uncool. Ear? Seriously?” He smirked, he couldnt hide this one.

 

“Ah, you ruin the mood! anyway, how do you know her? Did you guys bump into each other and it was love at the first sight? Did she drop her wallet? How did you get her number?” Questions were waiting to be spilled from his mouth, Sungjae just want to know more about his buddy.

 

“It's not that dramatic,” Hyuk gave up, without realizing it, Sungjae succeed to make him talk.

“We just met, she’s a friend of Hongbin Hyung, and—“

 

“Wait, wait, wait,” Hyuk raise his hand.

“Did you say Hongbin Hyung??”

 

Hyuk Nodded.

 

“No! No! No! Hongbin is handsome!” Sungjae put his head on the table.

 

“He is, so?"

Hyuk shrughs,

"so am I, right?”

 

“You are, but…”

He looked up to his friend,

“This is Hongbin Hyung we're talking about! You know, if your household is a boy band, he would be the visual!”

 

“Yeah, right…” Hyuk sneered at the statement that he found useless. He then decided to use his phone as an escapement for that kind of situation.

 

“Is she pretty? Is she a goddess?? Is she your ideal type? Your dream girl??” Sungjae asked for more details,

“Show me a picture of her!! Hyukkie…”

 

“No way” 

 

“Look, I won't steal her or anything! I’m not into older woman like you, I wanna play oppa!” Sungjae frowned, then crushed his empty can of soda.

“Oh! Does everyone know her? you know, your brother, Ravi Hyung, the… the stoic guy... and the art teacher…”

 

‘we live in the same roof. lol’ 

“Yeah,”

 

“That's even worse!! What if you guys, all of you, like the same female, and it's her???”

 

Hyuk put his phone on the table, and looked at his friend, in the eyes. Not saying any words, After a few second, He just couldnt help it. He held on to the laugh that bloated inside his cheek,

“Sungjae….” He shook his head,

“Ahhahahaahahahah! That’s not going to happen! ahaahahahahahah!”

 

Sungjae tried to understand what his friend is trying to imply. Was that a funny laugh, or an ‘oh my god they better not’ laugh. 

 

 


 

 

Right before he stepped outside the faculty building, rain were falling from the sky, followed by the dark and cloudy sky, this is not the perfect time to have a pretty walk to a coffee shop.

 

“Seriously?”. Hongbin put his backpack on the front, and look for an umbrella.

“What the—“ It was not his umbrella, since it was a pink one with kitties printed on it.

“Right, guys, very funny…”

But then he has no choice but to use it.

 

BOING

 

And right before hews  ready to actually went outside and face the rain, a message come in. He put away his umbrella, and reached for his phone,

 

I like your umbrella.

 

 -unknown number

 

Hongbin looked around, but found himself alone in the hallways. He kept on staring the number, wondering if it rings a bell.

 

You lost your phone again, don't you?

 

-unknown number

 

 

“Okay, this is creepy…” He mumbled. 

Only people in the house who knew that he lost his phone not long ago, But there’s no way they’d be there. He was sure of it.

 

You’re so slow, still.

 

Look across, carefully.

 

-unknown number

 

 

 

He did exactly what the person on the text said. Looked across, carefully. There was another building, the cafeteria. A person stood there, alone. Hongbin couldnt really see the face, but he sure that  the person was waving his hand to him.

 

Use your glasses, stupid.

 

-unknown number

 

 

 

 

Hongbin opened his bag, looking for the glasses and put it on his face. He looked that way again, and tried to find that person again.

 

 

 

 

And when he did,

“What are you doing here…” He could only mutter.

 

Can you walk me to my car, please? I don't bring my umbrella.

 

-unknown number

 

 

 

 

He fetched a deep sigh, grabbed his umbrella and finally walked his feet through the puddle, surely crossing to the next building. He looked down and count his steps, as somehow it feels heavier the more he got closer to the place ahead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘nine…ten….eleve—‘

 

“Dong Hongbin,”

 

Hongbin put his umbrella down, looking for the voice that welcomed him.

“You,” There was only one person there. And she was a girl he know, and not a stranger.

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Asking for a gentleman to walk me through the rain, I just got a haircut”. She played a little with her hair, 

“Do you like it?”

 

“I don't see the difference,” Hongbin shrugged.

“Come on, let me walk you to your car before I change my mind” He created a space for her to fit in the little umbrella.

“Come to think of it, it matches with your clothes. You can have it” Hongbin offered her the umbrella.

 

“You’re going somewhere, and you want to look good when you arrive, right?” She grinned and moved closer to Hongbin, 

“You want to look perfect, but I just want my hair to be safe,” and snucked her head under his jacket.

“What?” She looked at him in the eyes.

 

He sighed.

“I’m not going to be responsible for your pretty shoes if it got stained. I offered you my umbrella” He walked right next to her, as he usher the princess back to her ride.

    

 


 

 

 

“Did you stalk me?” Hongbin finally got to say something after they're arrived in the parking lot, where she parked her car.

 

“I’m not that crazy—“

 

BOING

 

Hongbin stop walking and quickly reach for his phone. 

“Hold this first,” He gave the umbrella to her.

 

Hongbin,

 

I’m so so sorry I just read your message! I’m with Ravi right now, what’s wrong?

 

-Lee Areum

 

“Uh, she’s pretty” She glanced at the profile picture.

She took the phone away, and put it on her purse.

“But your girlfriend is prettier, right?” 

 

 


 

 

“Hakyeon can you drive faster?” Leo leaned his face on the window and looked outside.

“I can’t! It's raining!” Hakyeon stopped the car at the red-light, and reclined.

“Your car is nice, but why does rich people have this habits of not driving their own cars??”

 

 

“Because—“

There's something outside the window that caught his eyes. He erased the dew from the window to take a clear look.

“Look” He pointed at the window and grabbed Hakyeon’s shirt.

“what? so what’s the reason—“

Hakyeon flicked his eyes. his eyes were set on the car that stopped next to them.

“Hongbin? He’s driving?”

“That girl next to her, her name is Eunju, right?”