Evening's intersection pt 2.

The Sensible Ones

 

 

 

It was still raining and there was only their car and the red Subaru next to them that waits for the light to turn green. Hakyeon and Leo still couldn't let their eyes off the car, looking at the two people sitting in front.

 

“Eunju? Hongbin’s ex?” Hakyeon tried to look closer,

 

And suddenly the light turned green, and the red car left first. Hakyeon went back to his seat, shifting gears, and drove by the green light.

“I’m not convinced,” He drove 10 meters away from the car in front of them,

“There’s no way my Hongbin will drive without a driving license!” For his own reason, He pinched the cheeky cheek of Leo and even stole a glance at the guy who hardly talk. 

“How about you? You’re 23 and you still can’t drive?”

 

“I can, it's just that, why should I drive if I have Hakyeon next to me” He leaned on the window again.

 

“Taekwoonieeeee, You’re cute, but I’m not your driver!” Hakyeon Pouted, and took the left turn, which was the different route from the one that red car took. He kept on stealing glances to his friend who seemed unease. 

“What is it? Your parents again?”

 

“I don't have any problem with them. Yet” He sighed.

 

“So what's with that face?”

 

Leo looked away,

“I thought I had the privilege to be the coldest one—“

 

“There's a difference between cold and sad” Hakyeon slowed down the car as they enter a busier route.

“You look troubled. You better talk to me or I’ll make you leave this car and walks back home”

 

“Fine,” Leo took off his seat belt and turns around.

 

“Jung Taekwoon are you crazy?!”

Hakyeon pulled over,

“Now I’m seriously worried about you!”

 

“Hakyeon you think too much, I’m not your son and an adult”. Leo made a point.

“Don’t put a burden on yourself, you don't have to be worried for such details”

 

Hakyeon tighten his grip on the steer while trying to compose himself.

“I can't do that!! Blame it on Hongbin for being an adorable brother he is! I am addicted to raising a child!!”

 

“Is that why you Let Areum lives with us?” Leo held onto his attention. 

“Your stupid questioner was obvious. You don't want her to leave and you want us to agree with it, right?” he added.

 

Without changing his view, Hakyeon drove off,

“Are you guys against it?”

 

“No. We don’t” Leo pus his seatbelt in again.

 

“Really? why?” 

 

As he took out his phone and headset, Leo didint want to have a longer talk.

“We’re an individual. They have their own reason, you have your own reason, and so do I”

 


 

 

"

So After I left you decided to get a driver license?” She still couldn't let her eyes off the driver.

“Finally my dream came true!”

 

“Eunju, I don't have a driver license” Hongbin kept his eyes on the road.

 

“YA?!?! Are you crazy?!?!!” She immediately reached for the handle,

“Should I trust my life with you?!”

 

“Well, you told me to drive you home no matter what, so…” He shrugged.

“we can always switch—”

 

“Yes! Yes! Please! Pulled the car over!!” She insisted.

 

 

Both of them unleashed their seatbelts right after the car stopped on the roadside. Eunju was the first one to move, as she reclined her seat. 

“Move!” She reached her hands to Hongbin’s other side.

 

“Ey, what are you doing???” Hongbin backed away, but his head immediately hit the roof. He was surprised by the sudden movement of Eunju. In a second, she already spread her arm across his body.

 

“Reclining your seat?” She pressed the button, and made Hongbin fell back.

“Move away, I don't want to get out and make my hair wet” Eunju pushed Hongbin away.

 

“What?” He was trapped between the seat and Eunju,

“I can't move!”

 

While rolling her eyes, “Well, you have to! Unless you want to stay in this position for a little longer, I don't mind” Eunju made her point.

 

As a result of disliking the idea, Hongbin took his shoes off, and slid behind to hand over the steer.

“For God sake, I’m 5’9!” He finally made it to the back seats, and Eunju could get on the steering wheel. 

“You can just ask me to get out of the car and you can still keep your hair dry! Switching place is not that hard!”

 

“I thought you wanted to look cool when you meet her?” Eunju adjusted the seat, and put on her seat belt.

“You can't be wet if you want to look cool”

 

“Tsk,”. Hongbin move aside, open the back door, and leave the car.

 

“Ya! Hongbin! Where are you—“

And before she finished her whimps, Hongbin open the right front door, and went back in. 

“Argh! You make my car wet!”  the water that dripped from his hair and clothes caught her attention .

 

“Do you have a towel?” He adjusted his seat and put his seatbelt on, ignoring the previous whines.

 

“No! Just use the tissue,”

She gave him a pack of tissue from the dashboard, and turned the car away,

“Let me drive you home!! you look awful!”

    

 

 

 

Luckily, the street was empty so it's not hard to take a U-turn. Hongbin reclined his seats a little so the short driver Eunju can look at the rearview mirror. 

 

“Don’t lean on the seat! I just washed it yesterday” Eunju prevented Hongbin from having a comfortable sit.

 

“Huft, I should totally get a license” He took off his jacket and put it away.

 

“You should. Look at me, I’m probably the only girl who drive for her boyfriend—“

 

“Ex” Hongbin lowered the ac temperature, as he startes to feel the cold creeping to his body.

“Kang Eunju, just tell me what you want”

 

She facepalmed, and then searched for the boy’s eyes. “Isn't it obvious?”

“I want you to love me, Hongbin, cause I still do”

 


 

 

 

“I’m sorry that you have to take care of Kyunggi, I’m so sorry” Areum who was asleep for a little wake up and still found Ravi driving and caught up in a traffic.

 

“That's okay, Actually Kyunggi help me with this track—”

 

“How come?” When she’s still half awake, Areum have the tendencies to cut on people’s talk.

 

“There’s this couple who just gave birth to their first son, and the guy wants to sing a special song for her, so yeah, I just made the song earlier, and I add a little sound of a baby laughing at the end, its so cute! I am very proud about that track!”

 

“So,” Areum raised her hand.

“The most amazing track that will lead the Korean music industry to slay the charts is about a couple who just had their first son?”

 

“No….” Ravi leaned his head into the steering wheel as the traffic allowed him to do so.

“I guess I have to show you now, can you look for the CD in my bag?”

 

Areum grab the bag and start to look for it.

“Even your backpack is messy…” When she opened the zipper and looked inside the bag, she could find lots of stuff inside of it.

“There’s no inappropriate things inside, right?”

 

“Do I give that kind of impression to you??” Ravi helped her to look for it.

 

“Ah found it!!” Areum gave the CD to Ravi.

“Whats so special about this? And where are we going?”

 

Ravi put the disk in, and then a music start to play.

“Ah… listen to this beautiful intro, feel the—“

 

 

 

with a ruckus, Areum pressed the pause the button.

“You haven’t answered my question! Where are we going?”

 

“Huft….”

He sighed, mentally preparing himself for the respone he would get.

“to a club—“

 

“Wait! wait! wait! Kim wonshik, I’m not up to that kind of lifestyle!” Areum exclaimed.

“I can't believe that I leave Kyunggi for—“

 

“Can you at least let me finish my sentence?”

“I’m just going to meet up with a producer there, cause he owns the club. It wont be long, I’m just going to give him this and go home straight after it” Ravi pressed the play button again.

 

The music continued, then lan upbeat but also intimate intro was played on the stereo.

“Then why can you just go there yourself?”. A good point from Areum.

 

Ravi louden the volume, 

“Cause I want you to hear this first”

 

“The thought of knowing, where are you going, got me into this thing called falling”

 

“Huh? Whose voice is this?? It's beautiful!!” a smile spread on her cheek.

“Nice”

 

“It's Ken’s”

 

“What?”  again, Areum pressed on the pause button.

 

“Hey! Stop Pausing!! it will ruin the mood!!”

and again too, Ravi pressed the play button.

 

“We’re on the same floor and sharing the same door, baby, it's hard for me to take a detour”

 

Ravi held on Areum hands and stopping her from pressing the pause button for the third time.

“This is Leo’s voice. Leo and Ken help me with the vocal”

Areum put her hands back to her lap,

“Now I beg you, please listen to this carefully”

 

 

Areum put aside her questions, and pour her thoughts to the music. The beats, melody, lyrics, it's warm her ears. It's still raining hard outside, but it's all covered by the sound inside. 

 

“I’ve been through worse, got lucky on , I call myself an outburst”

 

And She could instantly know just whose voice it was. She looked at the guy who sit next to her. 

 

Ravi returned the eyes, with a gaze, and a soothing voice,

 

“To look at you like this,

 To want you like this,

 Feeling the heart that runs on the haze,

 But got me at ease” He sing along the track,

“If only I could put down the lines and barriers, I would definitely embrace you in my peace,” 

“But more than the feels that I hold or the lust that controls, I’m in synched of your soars, so please can you hear me”

 

“Ravi—”

 

“I’m not the last card to talk, but would like to be the loudest to sores”

“I can't say I love you cause it doesn't belong to me, yet”

 

“I should change the ‘yet’ part, but it's too late”

Ravi covered his face that turns red in a second with his hand and chuckled,

“I should not play it here, But do you get it?”

 


 

 

 

“You haven’t changed” Hongbin rested his head.

 

 

After having some thought, Eunju pulled the car over.

“I know, right, still cute and annoying at the same time, but that’s my charm” She leaned her head on his shoulder.

“I love this spot the most, after your lips, of course”

 

Hongbin moved a little bit. But to wherever he move, Eunju kept on following.

“Just remind me again, why did you ask me out that day? What made you fall for me?”

 

“It doesn't matter now—“

 

“Yes it does!”. Eunju turned around, and gaze at him.

“Hongbin, that day when I saw you with her, I looked back to what we are for the two years we spent as a couple—” She became shaky, but still tried to get a hold on herself.

“You think of it as a break up, that we’re a failure, but I dont! I think of it as a hiatus, was that stupid?” She chuckled.

 

“If its you, its never stupid” Hongbin wistfully smiled at her,

“But I’m sorry, I—“

 

“Don't say sorry when you're in love, not just that you hurt me, but you’ll hurt her too” She put her hand around his shoulder.

“A guy in love has never been this attractive before. Its a that you look more attractive when you’re single”

 

“Eunju, it's uncomfortable” He stayed still and payed her gaze with a glre.

 

“Say it, tell me that you liked her and I’ll get rid of this hand”

She leaned forward, closing the distance.

“You said that you only kiss the girl you love, I feel honored for those kisses,”

“Lets see If I can still be the—“

 

“I don't want to kiss you, cause you’re right, I like her, I like Lee Areum”

 

Just like what she promised, Eunju backed away and got rid of her hand from his body. 

“Finally”

 

Without anyone realising it, the rain has finally stopped. Hongbin opened his door and got out of the car. He move to the other side of the car, and opened the door.

“get out, lets forget about the license cause I need to drive you home”. He offered his hand.

 

Eunju ignored the hand and slideaside to the passenger seat. 

 

Hongbin got in, close the door and took the wheel. He lowered his hand to the right, reaching for his jacket and put it on her face.

“I’m sorry” He said before he backed the car.

 

“No, it's okay,” Eunju still got some word left coming out of , followed by a shed of tear from her eye.

“Do you still believe that I have a six sense? That I can have a glance on people’s thoughts?” She added.

 

“No, I don't, I never do” a smile slid from His face.

 

“Well you should, because that's what makes me said yes to you that day”

 

“I guess you regret it now” He stole a glance on the lady who cries silently next to him.

 

“No I don’t” She giggled, she could only giggle.

“Hey, guess what, I just got this little sneak peak from the future”

 

“Oh really?”

 

“Yeah, it says that…”

With a breath, eunju made a pause,

“Never mind, You’re not gonna like it”.

 

“Try me”

 

“If you insist,” Eunju closed her eyes, and take a deep breath.

“It wont be easy, loving her wont be easy”

 

Hongbin chuckled,

“Tell me something that I don’t know”

 

“Ahahahaaha, don’t worry”

While having her own smile for gazing at the side feature of Dong Hongbin,

“I’m here so that you can be happy” Eunju felt like she want to sink her own self.

 

 

 

 


 

I think we need to say HI to our additional Oc, Eunju!!

 

(I'm borrowing Hani's aesthetic cause she is perff ;" )

 

 

NAME: Kang Eunju

Date of Birth: february 13 1994 (19)

 

Hongbin's ex girlfriend. She just finished her make up course abroad and return to seoul. A beauty in 4 dimension, she does things by her rules. 

 

 

"Please look out for me!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[guys never mind the lyrcs that written above, i know I , its there just for the content so Ravi please forgive me, people please forgive me T,T]