Annyeonghaseyo.

The Sensible Ones

Three guys tried their best to conceal their curiosity to not open one specific room. It was only six in the morning, and such  rare for timing for them to woke up that early.

 

 

“Why there’s a girl sleeping in one of our rooms?”

Said one of them,

 

“And why is Leo’s got a baby on his hand—“

 

WHAM

 

“KYUNGGI!!!!”. Areum almost broke the door as she came out of the room.

“Where’s—“

She realized the presence of other guys who’s not Hongbin.

“Oh, Anyeonghasaeyo” She bowed to them.

 

 

“Guys, this is my High school friend, Areum, Lee Areum.”. 

Hongbin who was sitting on the dining table alone with his books finally got to speak,

“And guys please introduce yourself to her”

 

The three guys lined up, and introduce their names.

“Hello, My name is Park Sanghyuk, you can call me Hyuk”.

A guy, or more like a boy in a high school uniform bowed first.

 

“em, I’m Ravi” a guy with a white hair continues.

 

“And my name is Ken. But Ken is not my real name” Another guy with a bathrobe sounds like he was trying to explain more things.

“And that guy over there, who were awake right after he smells some baby oil, is Leo. But Leo is also not—“

 

“Kyunggi!!”. Areum ran for the guy that Ken just pointed out.

 

“Oh, Mrs, Is this your baby?” The guy who was holding on the sleeping Kyunggi with lots of love is seemed startled, as he spoke with his tiny voice.

 

Areum nodded.

 

“This morning, I was about to go the bathroom and I found him crawling around the couch, He might be hungry, but I’m not sure what kind of food should I give to him, that's why I decided to just play along with him so that he will forget his hunger”. He explains.

 

“Wow……” everyone threw the same expression of amazement. 

 

“Oh, yeah! I should make him some milk!”. Areum went back to 'her room' and looked for the bottle.

 

“Hyung..” Hyuk approached the baby’s holder.

“Maybe You should make your own bab—“

 

Leo walked away.

 

“Stupid”. Said Ken as he pats on Hyuk’s hair.

“Go make some breakfast, Leo seems to be busy—“

 

“No, no, no! I’ll make you guys some breakfast!”

Areum jumped out from her room and rush to the kitchen.

“What do you guys want? Fried rice? Sprout Rice? Bread?” She asked as he pours some hot waters onto the bottle.

 

Everyone just stared at Areum who looks like the kitchen owner. 

“Em, I think we had some left over in the fridge, I can just warm it—“

 

“No, no, no! Its not tasty!”. Areum cut off

“Let me check, you guys have—“ She opened the fridge and scanned for some ingredients.

“Hem, when does the kid should go to his school?”

 

“Me?” Hyuk pointed at himself.

 

“Yes, you”. Areum started to grab some ingredients from the fridge.

 

“usually seven, but—“

 

“Then I got enough time to prepare some little feast!”

 


 

 

After half an hour, the house was starting to the smell like a family restaurant. The dining table was full with plates, and dishes. Everyone gathered around the table, taking their seats. For Areum, she was still busy in the kitchen to wash the dishes, but she told them to eat first.

 

“I didn't remember to buy an ingredient for this…”. Ken startled at the food that he’s looking at.

“Is she a magician?”

 

“No, she just good at this kind of stuff” Hongbin is the only one who has another thing to do besides staring at the table, which is reading.

“She’s actually working on the coffee shop that you guys told—“

“!! What did I do with—“

 

“Hongbin don’t curse!!!!!” Areum’s heard it all the way from the kitchen.

“Don't infect the pure soul of Kyunggi!!!” She exclaimed.

 

Hongbin closed his book, And look at Leo who’s been holding on Kyunggi

“Ah, I’m sorry, Kyunggi, please pretend that you didn't hear—“

 

“Hsst! He’s sleeping” Leo told him to shut up.

 

Hongbin sighed and got back to his book.

   

 

 

 

 

 

“Here’s a warm chocolate for the boy in the uniform” Areum finally done with the kitchen life and joined everyone on the table, as she gave a glass of hot chocolate to Hyuk.

“Unfortunately, you guys don't have any peppermint syrup, so it's just  a plain hot chocolate with enough amount of sugar to start your day”

 

Again, everyone just stared at her.

“You.. I’ve seen you before…” Hyuk tried to recall.

 

“You always order hot chocolate with peppermint syrup, right? And you like vanilla latte with double shots, ” she pointed at Hyuk and Ravi,

“You like latte, sometime you ask for double shots, and you’re the only one who like cold stuff” She finished her finger at Ken.

 

A moment of silence.

“How do you…” Ken can’t even finish his question.

 

“I remember every usual of each customers, that's the key of having your salary raised!”. 

 

“Oh! Now I remember!! You’re the girl from the coffee shop!!! Right?” Ravi raise his hand.

 

She nodded.

 

“Ah!! Yeah! That's why you seem—“

Ravi tured his face on the guy that’s sitting next to him, which was Hongbin.

“Talking about coffee shops, aren't you suppose to go there yesterday and get us some—“

 

“Yeah, that's the thing…”

Hongbin grasped.

“I might drop it somewhere, you know, the coffee that you guys order, I’m not sure whether I left it on the coffee shop or her house…”

 

“Oh, you probably left it on the coffee shop, I don’t recall smelling any coffee on our way home—“

 

“Why don't you tell me??” Hongbin aghasted.

 

“Cause—“

“Well, I don't have any excuses for that…”. Areum bited her lips.

“But!! I promised that I will give you guys each other’s usual for free, as a gratitude for letting me and Kyunggi stays the night”

 

 

 

Ken’s got one more question,

“Em, I don't mean to be rude, by if I may know, just why—“

 

“Oh, right, its very rude of me for not telling you guys in the first place”.

Areum sighed.

“So I originated from Busan, but last year, I moved to Seoul and I’ve been living in this rented room, with Kyunggi. Last night when I got home, Soonbok-ssi, my superstitious landlord told me to leave the building cause she said that its haunted and it need to be exorcized, and so yeah, Me and Kyunggi have no choice but to leave the house for a night, at first we planned to just rent a cheap hostel but then Hongbin told me that my stuff is too much for a cheap hostel and that he can't let a woman and a baby stranded—“

 

“YEP! That’s enough!” Hongbin put his hand on Areum’s mouth and not letting her to finish the story. 

 

“Oh…” Ken, Hyuk and Ravi finally gott half of the story.

“OwwwwH!!!” and for some reason, they started to grin at the blushing Hongbin.

 

Hongbin turned his face towards the table, and becoming the first person to eat.

 

“Ah, Hongbin you’re such a gentleman ya!” Ravi teased.

 

“You probably need to start eating or Ken will stuffed all of this to his stomach” Hongbin pointed at Ken, who’s already picking a lot of meals on his plate.

 

“What?” Ken stops.

“That's what a food for, it's to be eaten”

 

And so everyone grab their plates and filled their stomach.

    

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

“Hyuk, its already 7.15, you need to go now” While patting at his full stomach, Ken reminded the youngest boy in the room of his duty to study.

 

“Oh, Right! I need to go now!” Hyuk got out of his chair and grab his bag.

“Everyone, I’m going first” He bowed and leave the room.

 

“He’s being polite cause you’re here” Ravi whispered.

 

“Hyung, I can hear you!!!”.

And that would be Hyuk last word before he leaves the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kyunggi! Are you hungry??” Ken picked up a bottle and give it to the baby who just awake.

 

Kyunggi giggled and snatch the bottle.

 

“Areum, he’s like a duplicate of you!” Said Ken as he tried to take kyunggi from Leo’s arm.

 

“Yes, that's what people told me” With some help from Ravi and Hongbin, she cleaned up the table.

“He likes good people,” Areum sneered at Hongbin.

 

“Hey, I’ll buy him the new one, Kay” Hongbin look away as he wiped the table.

 

“Areum, I never heard of Hongbin’s high school life, would you like to tell us?” Ravi wonders.

 

“Really? He never mention it?”. Areum was surprised.

“I thought that he would definitely brag about it..”

“on valentines day, He always got enough chocolate to feed the basketball team !”

 

Each eyes were set on Hongbin,

 

“I know that he’s handsome, but I never thought that he was that handsome..” Ken mumbled.

 

Hongbin who’s finally done with the cleaning, grab his towel,

“I’m going to shower first, I got an early class” He said as he walks out the tiny living room.

 

“The girls loved it when he blushes a lot,”  Areum muttered.

 

“What was your relationship with him?” Ravi’s continued his curiosity.

 

“Oh, friends? buddies?”

“I’m not really a tomboy, but I like sports, and I was happen to be the captain of the girls’ basketball team, and he joined the basketball club too and we were always in the same class so yeah..”

“We’re not that close tho…. but We’re cool”

 

Ravi nodded, feeling satisfied with the answer.

   

 

 

 


 

 

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

Ravi got up from his chair and walk towards the door.

“Oh, it must be him—“

 

But the door's open for itself.

 

“Hey!!! I smell some—“

A guy with a white shirt and slacks was standing in front of the door, pop-eyed.

“Woman??”

 

Areum got up from her chair and bows.

“Annyeonghasaeyo..”

The guy just stood still, as he look at the situation. There's three guys and one girl, still with their sleeping attire.  one of them was wearing a bathrobe, and also there's another one who's holding a baby.

 

“Eh, Hyung! How’s the trip!” And there, Hongbin got out of the bathroom with only a towel covering his bottom part.

 

“Hongbin, you go to your room now and put on some clothes” He said.

 

Hongbin just realized that he’s half .

“Eh!?”

He immediately entered the room next to the bathroom.

“Areum! dont turn away!” 

 

“I won’t..” For a sigh, Areum didn't even care.

 

 

Ken got up and greet him

“Hakyeon appa! we got some—“

 

“Hssst!”

But the Hakyeon guy doesn't seem interested at all.

“I’m not going to ask but—”

 

“Appa”. Kyunggi come up from behind Leo’s arm, and pointing at Hakyeon.

 

“NO!”

 

"NO!"

 

Him and Areum is on the same page,

for sure.

 

Leo pulled Kyunggi’s back and him with a kiss.

“Not Appa, but Hyung” He whispered.

 

Kyunggi giggled

 

 

Ken, Hakyeon, Ravi and Areum who’s somewhat standing in front of the door were watching a strong bond and connection that the two stranger who’s years apart made.

“How old is Kyunggi?” Ken asked.

 

“A year and… five or six months, I guess?”. Areum explains.

 

“You know, the moment when Leo touches his hands on Kyunggi, that’s the moment where he owns it” Ravi whispered.

“The baby has been possessed by Leo”

 

Hakyeon casually hit Ravi’s nape.

“You stupid, he just loves cute souls”

“You move away, I want to change my clothes first!” Hakyeon pushed away Ravi and Ken who’s been standing in front of him. 

 

Hongbin came out, looking ready for a walk out, and then Hakeyeon take the turn on entering the room.

 

“There’s… one.. Two.. Three.. Four.. Bedroom?” Areum counted on the amount of doors with posters stuck on it.

“So you guys are sleeping in a group of two, and then there's a room left for guests?”

 

“Nope” Hongbin joined the standing people group.

“There’s no guest room. You slept in my room last night”

 

“Ooh! I’m sorry! I’m sorry! Don't worry, I only made contact with the bed spree and pillows!” Areum bowed at him,as she felt really-really bad and uncomfortable. 

“Huh, I should definitely check in on a hotel!”

 

“No, it's okay, take your time!”.

 

Everyone, including Leo and the baby, awkwardly stared at Hongbin. 

’t a k e    y o u r     t i m e’

 

 

“No, I mean, em, you—“

Hongbin was all red.

“You, you know—“

 

“Who wants some cake??” Hakyeon appeared with boxes of cupcakes on his hands.

 

“AH! Hyung! Let me properly introduce you to my high school friend, Areum! Areum, this is my older brother, Hakyeon!” Hongbin change the topics as he wandering around like a loss puppy.

“And that baby is… Kyunggi..”

 

"Oh so the baby name is Kyunggi?"

Hakyeon put a all of his cupcakes on the table, and then walked towards Areum.

“Ah, you must be the girl who taught him all of his showing off basketball skill” He grined at her.

“Nice to meet you”

 

“Oh, ehe, nice to meet you too, Hongbin used to talk about you too” She replied.

 

“Really? What did he say about me?” He stole a glance on his little brother.

 

“Em, some nice things, I forgot, I don't really remember” 

 

Hakyeon nodded.

“I bet he did”. He turnsed away and sit on the dining chairs, opening one of the boxes and eat the cupcake.

 

“Woah! Hyung, you’re so cool!” Ken, Ravi, Leo+Kyunggi joins him on the table.

“Is this some kind of special cupcake that you can only found in Jeju??” Ken bited a bit.

“Hmm! Go on more trips!! It's good!”

 

“Do you really think that he got these from Jeju?” Ravi just watches as Ken eat a cupcake in less than 30 seconds.

“He definitely got this from his fan club”

 

“Shut up,” Hakyeon put on some cream on Ravi’s face.

“Eh Areum, come, help us finish this!” He invited Areum instead of his brother on to join him on the table.

 

“I’m full already, no thank you”. She declined.

 

“Hmm! Hyung, you should try Areum’s food!! Before you came we were having some feast!” with a mouth full of cupcakes, Ken just has to tell him the details.

 

Hongbin who was standing all this time decided to exile himself with reclining on the couch and turn on the Tv.

“Kenjumma, How long are you going wear that white robe?” He muttered.

 

“Em? if no one wants to take the shower first then I’m going now”. Ken just realised that he’s still wearing the bathrobe.

 

“You go, boy” Ravi pat on his back.

 

“Tsk, I dont need to hear that from you” Ken flapped his robe and flawlessly goes inside the bathroom.

 

 

 

Areum was still on the process of understanding the situation. Like, who these guys are, what’s the relationship between them and what did they do for living. She paid more attention to the room. four bedrooms, one bathroom. one big room as a dining-living room and a kitchen. She came here late last night so the lights were mostly off. She cant really see much but now she can get the idea of six boys living together. 

 

“Areum, can Kyunggi eat the cupcake?” Leo asked.

 

 

“He can, he actually like it”

Areum pulled a chair and sit next to him and took over the baby Kyunggi

“try to feed him, but the cream only”

 

Leo grab one of the cupcakes and and a spoon. scooping a little part of the cream and fed Kyunggi. Baby Kyunggi happily opened his mouth, and ate it. He smileed and laughed at Leo who was always smiling back at him too. 

 

“See, Leo own the baby” Ravi mumbled.

 

Areum just laugh at it.

“Hahaha, do you have a baby brother too? or sister?”

 

Too?”. said Hakyeon, Ravi, Leo and Hongbin at the same time, as their attention got directed on to the girl. 

 

“Yeah…”

She looked confused.

“Ow! Right! you guys probably think that I’m her mother, right??” She clapped her hands.

 

the four of them nodded.

 

“Unfortunately I’m not…” She looked at Kyunggi, and his cheek.

“Thats okay people always mistaken me as his mother. but you guys are the first one who’s not putting a judgemental looks when you saw us together”. She posed with Kyunggi.

“Arent we look a like?”

 

Everyone agreed.

 

“So Kyunggi was born after I moved to Seoul, right?” Hongbin moved from his couch and join the others on the dining table.

 

“Yes, you’re right”.

  

 

 

 

“hey I just realized that we haven't properly introduced ourselves!” Ravi exclaimed.

“Hyuk is the only who mentioned his last name right? We’re such a bad host!” He shook his head.

“Well, so, my name is Wonshik, Kim Wonshik. But people call me Ravi and I like the name Ravi, so you should call me Ravi” He raised his hand.

 

“Oh, I’m Dong Hakyeon, Call me Hakyeon, I’m the oldest one in here” Said Hakyeon.

 

“My Name is Jung taekwoon, but somehow they call me Leo” said Leo.

 

“And Ken, is not ken. His actual name is Jaehwan,  Park Jaehwan. He's Hyuk's older brother, and yes, they don’t look similar at all” Hongbin explained.

 

 

“Ow, I have some questions” Areum nodded, as she raise her hand.

“What’s the relationship between you guys? I mean—“

 

“Ah, right its a bit confusing,” Hakyeon take the lead.

“So, there are three chaebol’s, The Park brothers and their cousin taekwoon, two Busan immigrants, me and Hongbin and another human being named Ravi”

 

Ravi jerked out.

“Hey? What's with my introduction—“

 

“Psst! Let me continue!” He shut Ravi’s mouth up.

“And so me and Taekwoon are friends for years, best friend, right?” he looked at the stoic Leo.

“When I told him that i want to go to Seoul, and that my parents want me to bring my little brother Hongbin a long with me, he offers me to live in one of his family properties, alongside with his cousins, Ken and Hyuk. And so I said yes, and that's how me and Hongbin start to live in this house”. 

 

Ravi refused to sit with them and stand up for himself.

“Aren't you going to tell my story too?!” He complained. 

 

 In monotone, Leo wrapped him up, “Ravi is here just because he wants to”.

 

 

“Hey?! I pay for the electricity too you know!” Ravi sneered at his friends.

 

“Yeah, so do we” Hongbin added.

 

“I don't”.

 

“YOU DON'T?!”  Hongbin, Hakyeon and Ravi looks like they want to flip some tables as they listened to what Leo just said.

 

Leo took the last cupcake,

“I like Ken’s idea of not paying for the necessities because you own the house”

“I’m glad that I have Ken as my cousin”. He kept on eating the cupcake.

 

Hakyeon slapped his face.

“And that's where my money goes…”

 

“But I think that Ravi should pay more than you, Hyung”. 

The majestic Ken, who just came out of the shower casually appeared and attract the crowd’s attention.

“He’s the source of every imbalances in this house, the human pollution”. With some dramatic gestures Ken tried to communicate something that people can't really understand well..

 

Ravi smirke,.

“Do you even Pay?”

 

“Sometimes, if I have money”

Ken pulled a chair and sit in between Areum and Hongbin.

“The thing about being a chaebol is that you have to put yourself before other first, that’s the one and only rule”

 

Hongbin flicked on Ken’s forehead.

“I don't believe that you go to your classes”

 

“Hahahahha,” 

Areum bursted into laugh.

“You guys are weird!”

 

Hakyeon leaned his face on the table.

“Apparently that’s how we stick together, for better or worse” 

 

“Like a marriage couple?”

 

“NO!”.

Everyone’s just against Areum’s point of view.

 

“See, this is why we can’t get a girlfriend!”. Ravi pouted.

“This house is cursed!”

 

“I don't think so,”

Leo gazed at the ceiling.

“ My dad met my mom in here, in this same room.”

“What if we get to me her here too?”

 

 

 

 

 

......................................................................

 

 

 

(I think i need to put some) initial profiles :

 

 

 

NAME: Dong Hong Bin (Hongbin)

DATE OF BIRTH: september 29 1993 (20)

Was born in seoul but then moved to busan when he was in junior highschool. he return to seoul to continue his study on psychology. Everyone told him to do some modelling stuff or anything that can make more income to the house. 

 

 

He have his own rooms because he doesnt want to share the same room with his brother

 

 

 

NAME: Kim Won Shik (Ravi)

DATE OF BIRTH: February 15, 1993 (20)

He's an underground rapper-songwriter-composer.

 

do not enter his room.

 

 

NAME: Jung Taekwoon (Leo) 

DATE OF BIRTH: November 10, 1990 (23)

He has two older brothers and one older sister. His dad is a well-respected doctor and his mom's owns several hospital., He's lucky that his parents allow him to do what ever he wants cause both of his brothers is following his dad's steps as a doctor. but he's still trying to find what's his passion is. 

 

 

Shares room with the other Chaebols (they got the biggest room)

 

 

NAME: Dong Hakyeon (Hakyeon)

DATE OF BIRTH: june 30, 1990 (23)

Was born in Seoul but then moved to busan when he starts high school. He return to Seoul to study art, and so now he's an art teacher in an all girls school. very popular among his students.

 

He usually acts as the "dad" and when he does, the "kids" will also play the rebels role for him.

He has his own room, but he likes to sneak up onto hongbin's room while he's asleep and wake up earlier than him.

 

 

 

The Park brothers. (from left to right)

 

NAME: Park Jae Hwan ( Ken)                            

DATE OF BIRTH: april 6 1992 (21)                                         

 

                                                                               

The heirs of Park Dept Store,                             
Korean biggest department store.                     

He creates his own Nickname Ken                   

cause he thinks that he's the ideal type            

of guy, like Ken the doll. He asked his               

parents permission to live independently,

so that he can be focused on his study in        

business and marketing. But his friends          

don't believe that.

 

Shares room with the other Chaebols

(they got the biggest room)

 

 

NAME: Park Sang Hyuk ( Hyuk )

 DATE OF BIRTH: july 5 1995 (18)

 

In his last year as a high school

student on Hanlim Multi Art High School. He was

asked by Ken to accompany him living apart

from their parents. Because all the pressure

goes to ken, He agrees as he thinks it's a  

way to gratitude his brother. Unlike his brother,

he's more submissive towards people who are good with him,

but he can be very stubborn/determined sometimes, depends

on the situation.

 

 

Shares room with the other Chaebols

(they got the biggest room)