A start of something new.

The Sensible Ones

“I should change the yet part, but it's too late”

Ravi covered his face that turned red in a second with his hand and chuckled,

“I should not play it here, But do you get the message?”

 

Areum who was having her mind blank by him earlier could only gawked.

“get it?” She asked back.

 

He was done with the heat that taken his face a while ago, and be more serious.

“Yeah… like, do you get the meaning of the song?” He carefully explained.

 

A ten seconds of silence intrudes before someone got to answer it.

 

“Oh, Its a love song…”  Areum tried to remember the lyrics.

“About a guy who… eh… how to say this…” and for being confuse, She scratched her brow,

“Who liked a girl but he cant have her at the same time… right?”

 

Ravi waited for more, as he kept on listening.

 

“So basically you like someone and then you make a song for her, hence you said this is the best song, ever, because you’re biased to this song. I personally say that it's good, very good, it's catchy, the lyrics are good, but I think it's still not on the level where it can lead the korean music industry and—“

 

 

Guessing that it was useless to ask her that, Ravi took his snapback, and put it on her face as he gave up on her. “Whatever, you’re no fun”

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It seemed like it was just another lazy Saturday morning. Leo went jogging with Kyunggi, Ken was still asleep in his room, Hongbin went out right after he finished breakfast, Hakyeon was somewhere in the house. and so there were only three people who’re left in the living room. 

 

On the living room, “You at this” Ravi, who occupied the couch just dozing off with his headphone on. In front of him, There was Areum who just try this thing called xbox, and felt fond of it. Next to her, there was Hyuk, the person who’s responsible for her addiction towards it.

 

“Move away, I want to sit on the couch!” Areum nudged on Ravi’s elbow while keeping her attention to the TV.

“Can you just sleep in your room?” 

 

Before he went back to his sleep, “I can’t, I’m too lazy to move my ” He lightly answered the question.

 

 

 

BZZZT

 

“Whose phone is that?” Areum looked around,

 

“Oh its mine, sorry” Hyuk took out his phone and kept on playing the game with his right hand. 

 

sanghyukkiee

 

what r u doin?

 

-sungjae the raddest brat evah.

 

“Hyukkie!! Keep your eyes on the road!!” His gaming partner exclaimed, 

 

“Yup, I am, can't you see I’m taking the first place?” But still, he just relied on his right hand to take care of it, while he use his eyes and left hand to reply the message.

 

Q-timing with noona.

 

:p

 

bye.

 

-hyuk

 

“Don't be too cocky, I’m claiming what is mine!” In a blitz of second, Areum shove him away from the first position.

“Woow!! I’m better than what I thought!”

 

and suddenly, ravi was awake and instinctually sat on the couch. The two people who were sit on the floor in front of him grabbed his attention. they must be amazing since He even took off his headset.

“Hyuk you ” He muttered.

 

Hyuk put his phone down and shifting gears, setting himself on a gaming mode.

“Shut up peasants, you ain't worth my time” He tried to reclaim the first place, playing the game passion.

 

BZZT

 

“YA!!! Seriously! Can you silent your phone? It ruins my concentration!” Areum protested and put on her look of ‘ready to kick some bucket’.

 

Q-timing??

Okay, I changed the question, what are you both doing right now?

^^

 

-Just sungjae

 

Hyuk quickly typesdsomething before he put his phone away (for real).

 

We’re playing xbox and stop texting, 

 

bye

 

“Sorry, that was my friend,” He sighed.

“He needs more attention I guess”

 

“Okay” Areum (tried to) calmly muttered.

 

“Tsk, why did you took the wrong turn? You’re in the third place now!” Ravi was tempted to take over her joystick,

“Go right on the next intersection—“

 

BZZZZZT BZZZZT BZZZZT

 

“YA!!! I’m done with this!! Guys, I’m out!” Areum gets up and hand over the stick to Ravi.

“Ugh!! That was frustrating! Did I just got possesed by the gaming God?!” 

 

XBOX?! 

 

FCFEFASHHSDHHDHEH

 

PARK SANG HYUK HOW COULD YOU? YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING MORE GROWN UP. THAT IS SO NOT COOL. I’M HAVING A SECONDHAND EMBARRASSMENT RIGHT NOW. EWKH. 

 

-EWKH

 

“Yes, you should” Ravi took a look at Hyuk’s phone.

 

and by instinct “Hyung!” He dodged away,

“There’s a thing called privacy! Have you ever seen me goes to your room?”

 

Ravi leaned on the couch.

“No, but it's not like I forbid you, so--”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey!! Why are you guys so noisy!!” Hakyeon came out of the bathroom, 

“I can't have a peaceful bath with kids yelling around”

 

“Kids?” Ravi, Hyuk and Areum synchronically sneered.

“old hag” 

 

“H a h a h a, funny” Hakyeon left the three ‘kids’ and went to his room.

“Well, for the girl over there, you only have 15 minutes to take a shower” 

 

the two guys move their eyes to  scan the girl next to them. A loose shirt and trunks, her daily fashion necessities that she wore last night.

“Wait, it's almost 10 and you haven't showered?” 

 

she nodded, 

“Yeah, why?”

 

“Noona,”

Hyuk paused the game.

“We leave at eleven….”

 

There was one lost puppy in the room,

“Why?” As Areum asked for more explanation.

 

“You forgot? Seriously?” Ravi facepalmed.

“Have you even packed??”

 

“Packed? Why—“

“Wait a minute…” finally, she figured,

“Oh, right!! We’re going to—“

Areum got up and run to her room.

“Shoot! I haven't packed!!”

 

 

 

 

They both were left in silence, as if they just watch a cat talk to itself.

“I dont get her sometime….” Hyuk muttered

 

The older agreed,

“Sometime? its most of the time for me…” 

 


 

 

 

 

“Ya! Who’s there?? I need to take a shower!!!” Areum knocked on the bathroom door.

“Oy!!”

 

“Sst!”. he was Ken, answering from the inside.

“Use the other bathroom!”

 

“What other bathroom?!” 

 

“The chaebol’s bathroom” Ravi, who still hung around the living room gave a solution.

 

“What? Wait,” She frowned,

“They have their own bathroom??”

 

“Yes, it's not really a secret, I use it quite often” while keeping his eyes occupied with the TV, Ravi willingly answered the question.

 

“When did you get to shower?”

 

“Yeah, that’s the thing" He grinned,

" I always use that bathroom to shower, that's why you never show me entering that bathroom. So it's not that I never took a shower, but—“

 

“Thanks for the info” Knowing that 11.00 was only ten minutes away, Areum went straight to the chaebol room.

 

 


 

 

“Woa….” Areum got startled right after she entered the chaebol room.

“That must be Hyuk’s,” She looked at the corner of the room, where there was a single bed, with racks of comics, books, and a desk next to it.

“Ah, it's definitely Leo’s,” And moved on to the next spot, where there's another single bed and a little drawer next to it. There’s nothing much, but she could feel the Leo in it.

“H a h a. Ken you bastard” Her eyes were settled on another corner of the room, where there’s a king size bed, and a huge painting hanging on the top of it. There's a huge rack, displaying kinds of action figures, and most of it is one piece. Ken’s place occupied almost the half of the room.

 

 

 

After admiring the room and it's possible stories, she went straight to the bathroom. 

 

 

 

 

“And Its even marble?!” again, the room was full of surprises. it was the first time for her to step into a bathroom that worths more than her old room. What made it more surprising is because the other part of the house is normal, but then, the chaebol is on another level. It's like, when you enter the room, you can feel that they came from the rich people planet, on the rich people galaxy, where they live in the rich person's fantasy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh well, A bathroom is a bathroom. As long as you can sho—“. Areum turn of the tap, and looked at the hanger.

“Crap…” She stepped out from the shower screen and wrap herself in a towel.

“You stupid, girl, how can you drop your—“

 

 

 

And as she opened the door, she found a new problem. There was Leo, standing topless with his chest soaked with sweat. He was the same as her, stoically could glared at each other.

 

“What are you doing here?” He looked away.

 

Areum quickly hid behind the door,

“Ah! sorry! sorry! I was—“

 

CLACK

 

“Taekwoniee!!”

From the other side of the room, Hakyeon peeked in,

“where’s my—“ He stopped talking right after he found the two clothes-less people in the room stood still and facing each other.

“Okay… never mind…” He backed away, and close the door.

 

Chosing the smartest choice she had, Areum decided to go back to the bathroom, 

“Can you—“ 

“Can you get my clothes? I think— I accidentally dropped it somewhere in the living room” She tried to get her a hold on herself, as the room feel so hot all of a sudden.

 

“Okay, just stay there” He said as leaves the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hufft.. That was…” Areum Shook her head.

“He’s going to die, that prick is definitely —“

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

“Who’s going to die?” in a second, Leo was back already.

 

“Ah, Ravi, Ravi is going to die” Areum slightly opened the door, and reached her hand out.

 

Leo gave her a set of clothes.

 

Areum locked the door and quickly wear it on,

 

 

 

“Wait, this is a guy’s shirt…” she looked at herself in the mirror.

 

“yes. I can't find your clothes outside,”  Areum could sense that Leo was as uncomfortable as her,

“but Its mine, so its okay”

 

Areum finally opened the door. And this time she’s dressed, at least it was thanks to Leo’s shirt that cover her butts.

“Aa, kamsahamida..” 

She bowed and leave the room.

 

 


 

 

“What was that?” Hakyeon was ready, standing next to the door, as he welcomed the princess who just came out of the room with her hair towelled

 

“Wait, let me wear my pants first” She ignored the guy who have been waiting for her and filled with questions, and just went to her room.

 

 

 

 

BAM

 

 

“Hakyeon! It was because of Ravi!!” Areum made a glorious opening, as she came out of her room. 

“Ken used the usual bathroom, and then Ravi told me to use the other bathroom, which is their bathroom!” She pointed at Ken who just casually passed by

“Ravi should’ve told Leo that there's a girl inside!! a freaking g i r l !” 

 

For the sake of formality and politeness, Hakyeon nodded.

“Hmmh, but why are you wearing Leo’s shirt?” 

 

Areum checked on herself again, and found out the obvious. She went back to her room, putting on a jeans, but forgot to change the tops.

“Oh… right…”

 

 

“You can use it, I haven't worn it” Leo finally came out of his room, all clean, complete with a big backpack behind his back.

 

Hakyeon came at Leo, and confront him.

“but, you have, that shirt is your—“

He stopped nagging after Leo gave him his ‘shut up hakyeon’ stares.

 

“You look good on white” Leo glanced at Areum for a second, before he walked away.

 

 “jinjja?” Areum reconfirmed.

 

But then time Leo was done with the talk and went to the garage, not seeing the needs to answer the obvious.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Young lady, everyone is waiting for you” Hakyeon squinted at Areum who weren't moving from where she stood.

 

“Oh! right!!” Areum went back to her room, and grabbed her gym bag.

She then raised her hand, “I’m ready!!”

"Oh! oh! where’s Kyunggi? Where’s Hyuk? Where’s ravi? wheres—“

 

“They are already waiting in the car,” Hakyeon helped her with the bag.

“Lets go”

 


 

 

How to stuffed bobby according to Hakyeon-jumma:

 

-He drove, as always.

-Leo was sitting next to him (a must)

-the middle seat were for Areum, kyunggi and one lucky bastard

-the last row were for those who would like to got a 2% discount of next month monthly payment.

 

 

“A nepotism!! nepotism!! Hongbin will get the best seat!!” Ken screamed from the back, as he was being pitted by Ravi and Hyuk.

“Dont you dare to favour your filthy brother!” He added.

 

“No, Its because we have to pick him up first, so it will be bothersome if he have to sit on the back” Hakyeon casually adjusted his seat.

“Its only for an hour, bare with it”

 

“Hyung, I cant feel my leg…” Hyuk sighed, sticking his face to the window as his brother keep on pushing him aside.

 

Because of eevrything, Ken was baggier than ever. “Shut up! don't step on my shoes!”

 

and as for Ravi, he’s done with life.

“Both of you! shut up!” 

“Ken, you better shut up or I’ll step on your 500,000 won shoes”

 

“No! not my babies!” ken covered his feet,

“Anything but this—“

 

“Back rows can you please shut your mouth up?”.

Leo turned around.

“Kyunggi is sleeping so, please.” He pointed at Areum who’s already on her own world with her playlist, and Kyunggi who’s asleep on her laps.

 

“Ne… Taekwoon hyung…” The three of them bowed and turnedon the silent mode.

 

 

VROOM VROOM

 

“Well! Lets go to—“

 

“HSSSSST!!!!”. 

 

“Eh, sorry…”

 

 


 

 

Before gimpo airport, Bobby the car who turned into a can of tuna need to stop at a convenience store first, to pick up the last passenger.

 

 

“Woah, so cramped…” Hongbin slid the door, and found the back seat clique glares at him.

 

“Hongbin, lets go, we don't want to miss the plane” Hakyeon told his brother to come in.

 

The Younger Dong jumped in, and close the door. 

“For the big hearted guys who sits on the back,” He offered the three guys behind a bag of snack.

 

Ken snatched the snacks away.

“Hongbeanieee! You’re such an angel, a very handsome angel that is so kind it hurts, just like my , so like, angel, can we switch places?”

 

“No”

Hongbin looked at his watch, and tap on his hyung who drive.

“Hyung, its almost twelve, we better go now”

 

“Ah right!!” Hakyeon gets on the steer,

“When I say Je you say Ju! Je!?”

 

“boo”