must go on.

The Sensible Ones

“Why don't you guys just tell him that an arranged married is the stupidest thing ever?” Sungjae gave Hyuk a can of coke. “Without Ken pretends to be engaged with Areum noona ?”

 

“because my—“ Hyuk stopped himself from opening the lid, “, why didn't i think of that….” He sarcastically chuckled. “Why do we even agree with eunju noona stupid plan!?”

 

“Eunju noona? You mean, the female chaebol? She’s part of the plan?” 

 

Hyuk gave the can back to sungjae and rested his head on the table, “She’s the one who came up with this stupid idea of Ken and Areum noona engagement to stop her and Ken Hyung’s arranged married. I mean, I don't want Ken and Eunju to get married if they don't love each other too, but… , I should've calm myself back then and tell them that I can try to pursuade my dad. Stupid, we were too caught up in the moment and lose our sense,”

 

“Then why don't you guys just tell your dad??” Sungjae still didn't get it, why don't they just clear everything’s up?.

 

“Because They already made a schedule for a dinner together, to introduce Ken freaking new fiancé” Hyuk fake a grin, “It's a busy week, dad has cancelled the whole  schedule for that dinner event. And its marriage that we’re talking about, as you know, a very sensitive issue in the family, he will definitely disown my brother if he said that it was just a joke or just some random plan that he agreed on without even thinking”

 

“So much drama just to say I don't love her or him…” And so he could finally understand it, even if it still sounds ridiculous. “But how long does ken and Areum have to pretend to be engaged? I mean, if they broke up only a day after the dinner, then, will your dad buy it?”

 

“Hell no, they need at least three months?” Hyuk is about to lose his mind, “Or maybe forever”

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

The house has been quiet for a week, it's like there's six Leos in the house. Everyone were busy with their own lives, with a gloomy colds above their heads. As for the day, Areum have no shift to started up with, and she tried to get a hold on herself by doing the house chores. Alone, with Kyunggi watching over her.

 

“Kyunggi, do you know that,” While doing her laundry on the backyard, she ‘started up’ a conversation with her baby brother who just sit around on the porch. “That pretending to be in love is harder than not to be”. 

 

 

 

“That's why I only live my life in honesty,”. Areum turned around and found a person standing in front of the door. “And so now I’m going to be honest with you, I was pushing you to agree on being engaged with Ken”. 

 

 

 

“Eunju?” She finished her last clothe to be dried, “Can I help you?”

 

“If Ken just told Mr. Park that he doesn't want to marry me then, the arranged married might be cancelled, without this overload amounts of drama” She clucked, “But let me emphasize the word ‘might’ and the fact that my dad will get angry if Ken just casually rejects his beautiful daughter Kang Eunju without any reasonable reason like, he already got himself a girlfriend kind of reason, is also scary.”

 

Areum walked up to her, without saying any words.

 

“And no, we can't cancel it because no one is able to take their words back once it has been heard by Mr. Park. Now, do you hate me?”

 

Areum kept her eyes staring at Eunju, “I just… feel… feel very uncomfortable with your way of… handling… the.. Situation..” And tried to speak clearly and slowly.

 

“Then you’re normal, thank god. One other thing that you need to know is that no matter how self centered I am, I will never try to hurt anyone that I care, and I care about Ken, so I have my own reason for making him and you to be a part of this, what you guys called 'stupid plan' ”

 

Areum picked up her brother who started to yawn in silence, comforts him on her hug, “And what is that?” then go back to her curiosity.

 

“I’m not telling” She blinked an eye, and went inside. “Let's go, bring your brother too, since there's no one in the house” She said as she walk her way out to the front door. Areum still stood on the back porch while watching Eunju make her own exit. “I said lets go!” Eunju looked behind and found Areum who’s not following her.

 

“Go? To where?” Areum quickly ran in and caught up to Eunju.

 

“Well, to make sure that Mr.Park will be convinced, you need to learn and be a lot of thing”

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, about Ken and Areum, what do you think—“

 

“Stupid, everyone is stupid” Leo locked the door and put on the seat belt. 

 

Hakyeon the engine, and sigh, “Leo, you’re being too obvious”.

 

Leo made sure that his face can't be seen by his friend,  he looked out through the window and watch over the view as the car took it rides back home. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So what are you going to do next?” After more than fifteen minutes of a silent ride, Hakyeon got his mouth to speak.

 

“Ken doesn't like her” And it seemed that Leo is interested enough to respond the question with a mutter. “Neither do her, But,”

 

“But what?”

 

“But they have to act, they have to be in love” Leo rest his head and close his eyes, “They have lots of homework to begin with. stupid”.

 

Hakyeon stole a glance on Leo everytime he has the chance to. “Your tone, you sounds like you care a bit more about this”. Once the car stop on the red light, Hakyeon turn his face on Leo, “You like her, don't you?”

 

Leo kept his face hidden, and of course, not seeing the need of answering the question.

 

“Well, you do, okay, I get it” Hakyeon bite his lips, as he try to find another thing to say, “Well, You don't have to really worry then, since its all just an act and like you said none of them—“

 

“I fall for her without even trying. And now they’re trying to fall for each other, you tell me why should I not be worried again?”

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you here?” Ravi got startled aback right after he opened the door and saw hongbin laying on his studio’s couch, looking awful from head to toe, “Don't you have a class to attend?”

 

Hongbin covered his face with the nearest thing he can find, which is a cushion. “Probably? I don't know”

 

Ravi moved and sit next to him, putting his hand on his forehead, “Wait, you’re burning! Hongbin are you sick??”

 

“No, I’m just tired, I guess”

 

Ravi placed his hand on his shoulder, “Come on, let me carry you home—“

 

“I don't want to, Can I just stay here for a night?” Hongbin refused.

 

“No you can't, I will never let you stay in this place for more than an hour” Ravi put some extra force on picking his friend up.

 

“Why?“

 

He tightened his grip and threw a glare at “Hongbin, you can place yourself anywhere and anytime except for this place, okay?”.

 

Hongbin was surprised by the sudden aggression, “Okay… alright…” he let go of his friend’s hand and walk himself out. 

 

 

 

“But don't worry, I’ll help you”. Before he reaches the door, Hongbin turned around for Ravi’s words. 

 

“Help me?”

 

“You’re sick cause you haven't found a way to stop the engagement things, right?” He sneered, “Well, actually, you can’t, but like its not the end of the world, Ravi is here to save your ” and wrapped hongbin;’s shoulder with his right hand as they now walk their way out together.

 

“It's probably because I’m sick, but, I don't get what you’re talking about”

 

“I’ll make sure that you’ll end up with her,” Ravi gave him a pat on the back, “With Areum, of course”.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

“Hhmm, you’re short and tiny, you can work on a y piece without looking vulgar, I like your proportion” Eunju took another picture of Areum and her fifth attempt on finding the perfect outfit, “Try the white one, it doesn't show your cleavage”

 

Areum immediately went back to the dressing room and try on another dress. “I like this one better,” After a while, she came out of the box with a knee length white dress, “But it's like, 200,000 won…”.

 

“But why Are you even worry? I told you, I will take care of everything. Let's go with this one” Eunju place Kyunggi away from her lap and get back, “Ew, I think your brother just peed”

 

“But he wears diapers…” Areum got back to the dressing room to undress herself and went back to her usual clothes.

 

“But still, I can feel the warmth, and its…” Eunju glared at Kyunggi who also glared back at her, “Let's go, I think your brother hates me”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“The total is 400,000 won”.

 

 

 

Areum looked at Eunju who just casually gave her card to the store people. “So expensive…”

 

“Well, have you meet Mr. Park?” Eunju crossed her arms while keep on staring Kyunggi’s sleeping face, “It's out of context but Your brother is scary”

 

“Actually, I have…” Areum carefully rock on the baby.

 

“Really? When is that?”

 

“When we were in Jeju…”

 

Eunju received the shopping bag first, before she gets back to the talking, “Jeju?? Oh! Is that why you guys there, for the department store opening?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Okay, I just knew that, and what was your impression of him? Did you guys talking about?”.

 

“Eh, he was nice....” She hesitated a bit, “Actually, he's the one who asked me to met him, it was because he knew that His sons live together with a girl…”

 

“”

 

“Don't curse!!” Areum turned away from Eunju, “Not in front of a baby!”

 

Eunju sat on the sofa, “So he knew everything?!” and tried to gasp some air, “Damn it!”

 

“I said don't curse, and no, not everything, I mean, defines everything… cause I think, What he knows is that I’m only here temporarily… and he understands, kinda, I guess? I think he gets my reasons…” And like usual, Areum go into her fidgety modes once she feels pressured or confused.

 

“So he knows you, right? How well does he know you?” Eunju facepalmed.

 

“Well, he knows my name, he knows where I work and—“

 

“THEN WHAT'S THE POINT OF BUYING THIS EXPENSIVE CLOTHES IF HE KNOW YOU’RE POOR?? WHAT'S THE POINT OF PRETENDING TO BE RICH AND ACCEPTABLE” Eunju throw the bags away, “Damn it, and I can't even fit on these clothes, I can't make these dresses mines, ”

 

“Am I not acceptable?” Areum looked at herself in the mirror. She wonders, does a shirt and jeans counts as unacceptable?. “Well, can you just return it?”

 

“NO, I can’t” Eunju checked on her phone, “Oh, wait, I know, Lets just say that Ken bought it for you— wait, but if its Ken who bought it then it has to be at least a million won! Damn it!!” Then throw it away.

 

Areum picked up both the bags and the phone, “Well, maybe you can— “

 

“Just wear it some other time, and let's ask Ken to buy you something more expensive” Eunju got up, walk outside and leave the store, leaving Areum behind with his baby brothe, making her feeling stranded in such an expensive store. “Look, your fiancé is here”

 

“Ken?” Areum found him walking upon the store, and Eunju following from behind.

 

“I’ll leave you guys alone,” She reached her hands for Kyunggi, taking him away from Areum. “And I’ll take this kid with me, you guys go bonding or something, try to be lovey dovey, see you later!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So,” After a while, Ken opened his mouth, “You were trying to impress my dad with clothes, right? Well, that won't work….” he rubbed his nape “The thing is that he likes honesty the most”

 

“Then We’re doomed”

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Not even holding hands?!” Eunju opened the door for Ken and Areum, “Ya! Guys! I told you to build some chemistry!”

 

“But we bought groceries together, like we pick the vegetables together, the snacks together, and do it all together.” Areum raised three plastic bags and walk herself in, “Where’s Kyunggi?”

 

“He’s with Leo and Hakyeon, in the backyard—“

 

“WAIT!!! MY LAUNDRY!” Areum ran for her life, for her and for her bras.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Is everyone here?” Ken looked around and found no one but him and Eunju on the living room. “Why so quiet?”

 

“I haven't seen your brother nor my beanie, Oh, and Ravi too…” Eunju set herself back on the couch, “Come on, Ken, sit, we need to talk”

 

Ken sat a bit far from Eunju, “Okay.. What do you want to talk about?”

 

“How, on, earth, are, you, going, to, make, your, dad, believe, in, the, engagement?” She crossed her legs, “How?”

 

“Oh! Actually, we came up with this brilliant idea!” Ken claps his hands, “Areum will act as the conservative kind of person, a bit traditional or something, so we can minimize the amount of skin ship!” His face turned brighter.

 

“I like that idea,” Hyuk came in from the front door, put on his shoes on the rack and go straight to his room.

 

“Sanghyuk!” Ken got up from the couch and went to follow his brother, “Wait!” But as he try to enter the bedroom, the door is locked.

 

“I want to get change”. Said Hyuk from the inside.

 

Ken let his self fall on the floor, and curled on his knees, “This is exactly what I’m afraid of”

 

Eunju nonchalantly just watch the dramatic scene from the couch, “Wait, don't tell me that your brother—“

 

“How to pulled this off without hurting him more than this?” Ken looked up to the ceiling, keeping his tears to not slip out of his eyes.