moments,

The Sensible Ones

“Wheres that little chaebol?” Hakyeon kept looking around, as he passed through the crowd. Ken told him to look for hyuk, because people wanting to meet and talk to him again. On the other hand, there was nothing else that Hakyeon, Ravi, Hongbin and Areum supposed to do. So the guys decided to take their leave, but then “Where’s that girl!”

 

“Excuse me, have you seen Mr.Park Sanghyuk?” Hakyeon asked one of the waiters.

 

“Oh, I saw him on the dining buffet outside,” He pointed in a direction.

 

He thanked him and quickly go to the door that he pointed at.

 

 

“Ah! I found—“ Hakyeon stop himself from exclaiming, “Them”.

 

 


 

 

“For serious?” Hyuk gasped on the last word  he heard just a moment ago. 

 

Areum looked back at him, “Yeah, why?” to stared at the boy. “The stars are awesome and like, I don't have anything to do in there” She pointed at the door where the party are held inside.

 

‘Right, There’s no way she's going to understand what I actually meant’ Hyuk calmed down his thought. “Well, Me too actually, It was boring in there”

 

Areum took out her phone, and started to take a picture of the view from where she sat. She could see the empty tables, pots of trees and flowers, night lamps, the stars and the sky, everything was just too pretty to be missed out. “No way, how come?” and above them all, she tried to not make Hyuk feeling alone there.

 

“Ah, you should take it from this angle,” Hyuk moved his hand and showed Areum a better sight. “Yup, right there. See?”

 

“Ah yeah!!” She agreed. 

 

CLICK.

 

Areum showed the result to him, and he just replied with a smile and nod. “But still, you haven't answered my question,” She put away her phone. “How come?” 

 

Hyuk smiled at what he see. He was happy, knowing that She chose him over the stars. “Because I want to stay with you, noona” He talked in a teasing tone. “Would you believe me?”

 

Areum got up and pat his head. “Seriously, You should get a girlfriend”, next, She walked away and stand herself next to the railing, as she leaned on it, and enjoying the view of Jeju’s night from the ninth floor, while letting the wind brushing off her hair. “Sanghyuk! this place is so romantic!” She smiled at him, “You should bring your future girlfriend here next time!!”

 

‘Noona please don't tease me’. The way she stood there and being pretty without even trying is a temptation to him. At that moment, he didnt care about him being eighteen, and his formality on adding Noona in front of her name. There, what he saw was just a girl who he fell in love with. “Noona, don't catch a cold,” He could feel the winds pricks through his clothes.

 

“Hahaha, I wont—“ Areum got stop by her scarf that was blown by the wind and flew away from her shoulder, “No!” She tried to reach for it. That scarf was not hers and she know that it worths a month of her salary. “No! No—!”

 

“Noona!!”. He spread his hand then holding onto her waist and pulled her in, stopping her from falling. If its not because of Hyuk, Areum would be lying in a pool of blood on the ground. “That was dangerous!! Hey—“ Hyuk stopped yelling, as Areum turned her face on him.

 

“Hyuk, what— what should I do?” As always, Areum doesn't really care about herself. “That— that wasn't mine…” She was weak and all for having the strength to keep her eyes open, more over to stand still. 

 

“There’s nothing you should do” Hyuk took off his coat and put it on her, not letting the cold to touch her skin. “Seriously, that was stupid,” He kneels, and then hold her feet, “You need to take this off, you’re bleeding” and take it off.

 

 


 

 

“obviously,” Hakyeon leaned on the door, as he’s done with the little drama going there.

 


 

 

“But— the scarf!!!!! And— the shoes! I— I stained it!” Areum cared more about the shoes than her feet. “See—“

 

“Yeah, I see it” Hyuk got up, looking for a bottle of water. "Dont worry about the scarf, I can ask some people to look for it later, and the shoes is actually sold on Park departement, so.." He poured the water onto Areum’s blistered toes. “Sorry, it might hurt a bit”

 

“No it doesn’t" Areum was pissed at herself, idiot as she kept Cursing inside. “This is—“

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sanghyuk! Everyone is looking for you!!” Hakyeon approached the last two people in the area. “They want to— EH, Areum what happened!?” He quickly ran to her and care for her feet. “Ya! What’s wrong with you!?”

 

“So— sorry, I know, I mean I should not make the shoes dirty—“

 

Hakyeon grabbed a napkin from his pocket, and wipe on the wounds. “I didn't ask about the shoes, stu— ah!!” 

 

Hyuk backed a little and let his Hyung took care of her feet, since he knew more about stuff like that. “Hyukkie! Give me some ice!” Hakyeon asked for a help. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But you should! I heard that these things worth 800,000 won” Areum stoped her tears from falling.

 

“Jinjja??” Hakyeon blinked his eyes, “Well then maybe I should…”

 

“Hyung! Here!” Hyuk got back with a glass full of ice, and gave it to his Hyung.

 

“Ah, thank you!” Hakyeon put the ice on the wounded feet, “Okay, it's going to be okay” He gave her a thumb. “Oh! right, Hyuk, I was serious, everyone is looking for you” He changed the conversation.

 

“Me? why?” Hyuk wondered

 

“Why not?” Hakyeon smirked, and got up. He gave his dongsaeng a pat on the back, and pushed him away. “Hey, Ken insisted to bring you back there, and so does your dad”.

 

“Dad too?”

 

“Yes, go son, we don't need any more trouble” Hakyeon smiled at him and shooed him away. “Go!”

 

Hyuk couldn't do anything if its his father who asked for it.“Okay, well, I’m going there— a— Noona, get well soon” and even before going, he made a time to awkwardly bow at her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You were missing for 10 minutes and the next thing happen is this bruised toes” Hakyeon looked at Areum who was still sitting on the ground. “What were you doing?!”

 

“Completing the mission?” Areum was feeling slightly better since the ice sort of calming her mind too, and put aside her guilt.

 

 

 

 

 

Areum tried to get up, but apparently she needs help. So Hakyeon got up first and offered her his hand. “I talked with Mr.Park and—“

 

 

Hakyeon almost drop his hand, “No way!!! What did he say?! You’re not going to marry anyone right?! theres no—“

 

“No, of course not! There's no such things” Areum calmed him down. “Everything is okay, he seems to be a good person and quiet understand the situation, so, yeah” She dusted off.

 

“Ah, such a relief…” Hakyeon sighed in relief, “Well, then let's just go home. You’re not enjoying any of this, aren't you?” He smiled.

 

Areum shook her head, completely agree with him. 

 

“Well, let me call them first, I’m not going to look for them too,” Hakyeon took out his phone and search for his brother’s number. 

 

“What?“

 

“Hey! hongbin! Where are you?”

 

“I’m looking for you, I thought we supposed to leave?”

 

“Yep, Me and Areum is in the dining buffet, come here. Oh, and bring Ravi with you!”

 

“Ravi told me to go home first, He said that he has stuff to do”

 

Hongbin was a bit surprised, “Really? Well then, just come here!”

 

“Okay” 

 

“What’s with the ‘really?’ ?” Areum noticing the different tones that Hakyeon made earlier.

 

Hakyeon put his phone back, “Oh? Yeah, Hongbin said that Ravi has something else to do… I wonder what it is…”

 

“Huft, If its Ravi then, I’m not surprised, He’s busy right?” 

 

“You think I’m not?” Hakyeon pouted.

 

“Hahahha! of course you are, what are you talking about, ‘dad’ “ She nudged.

 

“L-o-l, Dad” Hakyeon pretend to not get offend. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, Dad have a question” Out of the Blue, Hakyeon started a conversation again. “Areum, who’s your favori—“

 

 

 

“Hyung! Why wont you answer my call!?” out of nowhere, Hongbin made his resence and caught up to them, “I was looking for you!”

 

“You look like you need some water” Areum gave him the left over bottle.

 

“Thanks,” Hongbin opened the cap, and drink it with passion. 

 

“No! Wait! I forgot!” Areum snatched the bottle away, before Hongbin take another sip, “I used it to wash my feet—“

 

Hongbin threw out, “excuse me?”.

 

“miane! miane!”  Areum kept on bowing her head, feeling guilt choking over .

 

“Ahahahaahahahahah” Meanwhile hakyeon just laughed at it. “Ahahaha, guys seriously, I think we all need some rest—“ but then he was cut by his phone’s rintone “Wait, let me take this call” He separated him self from the group, and goes to the corner.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Your feet?” Hongbin made sure.

 

Areum didn't have the guts to look at him as she felt horrible. “Yea— well— you know—“ She couldn't even come up with a reason.  

 

Hongbin eyed at her, and notice something’s off, “Where’s your— Hey! What happened!” and as he finished scanning her from head to toe Her feet caught his attention. 

 

“Oh, this? heels ne style aniya” She winked, “Huft—“

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You guys just go home first,” Hakyeon was back as he threw the key to Hongbin. “A friend of mine just called me and she said that—“

 

Somebody got excited all of a sudden, “OOOOO its a she!!” Areum clapped her hand “Go Hakyeon! Go hakyeon!” 

 

Hakyeon raised an eyebrow, “H a h a, funny” to smirked at her. “Anyway, Hongbin that girl needs extra attention, she’s more fragile than Kyunggi” 

 

“No I’m not!” Areum denied.

 

Hakyeon patted her head.  “Yes you are,” He then waved them goodbye, and leave them alone.

 


 

 

“Lets go! I dont want Kyunggi to wait for—“ Areum sure that she intended to move her feet, but then, ‘Awch’ She could only complain inside.

 

“Areum,” Hongbin moved and stand in front of her, lowering his back. “Come on, You cant walk on your own”

 

Areum just froze there.

 

“Hey,” Hongbin called again.

 

“Eh? okay….” Areum carefully put her hand on his shoulder. “You offer me piggyback rides, right?” She asked again before she threw her body on him.

 

“Is there anything else you want?” He chuckled.

 

“No! No! But, like you don't have to!” She insisted, “I can still walk! And besides, I'm heavy, like… seriously…”

 

But Hongbin was hongbin who didnt want to listen. he pulled her by the arms and made her have no choice but to hug him tightly and rest her feet. “You’re a bad liar, you can't even move your feet” He sighed, “You said you’re heavy? Man, I can carry two of you!”

 

 

Areum chuckled, “What, so now you want a two of you me?”

 

“Nope,” Hongbin started walking and tighten his hold, “one lee arum is more than enough to me”

 


 

 

If there's no such thing as elevator, Hongbin might just died over carrying a girl, climbing down a ninth floor building. was he tired? Of course. But whenever he looked down and found Areum’s feet that covered in blistered, he only wanted it to recover soon, more than anything, Not wanting her to hurt herself more than this. 

 

“Wait! Hongbin! Stop!!” Areum tapped on her friend’s shoulder. “Put me down!!” 

 

“What? the car is still right there,” Hongbin pointed at their car, that still need more than 30 steps to be achieved.

 

“No! There! Cant you see?!” Areum tilted Hongbin’s head up, “The scarf!! I found it!!” hang on the tree, She found the thing that she has been anxious for.

 

“What?! where?!” It's dark, Hongbin can't really see it.

 

“There!” She pointed at. “Let me grab it first—“

 

“You just ride my back, all the way from the rooftop, and now you want to climb the tree?” Hongbin made a good point.

 

Areum just realize how irrational  she was. “Well, that's because— I bet you don't want to climb the tree! so—“

 

 

 

“Who said so?” Hongbin carefully put her down. “Huft, You, stay there” He walked to the tree, and looked up, staring at the scarf that need more effort  to be brought back, more effort than carrying Areum down. 

 

“Hey! You, are you sure you’re okay?” and ofcourse, Areum worried, for the longest time she knows Hongbin, She knows that he is capable in so many ways, but climbing a tree was not a thing that she ever saw before.

 

Hongbin reached for the nearest branch, “Well, depends, Do you really need the scarf back?”

 

Areum thought again, “Yeah, I do”. There's no way she was going to leave that irrationally expensive scarf right there. “Well! be careful!”

 

Just to hear the word ‘be careful’ was more than enough for him to encourage himself to reach higher, and quickly grab the ‘troublesome’ scarf. “Okay, I’ll throw it at you—“

 

“No! Don't!!” Again, she was reminded by the scarf’s worth, “Okay! well, carefully…” She stuck her hands out.

 

Hongbin did the exact order, carefully throwing the scarf at her. “Ah! Thank you!!” The scarf landed  safely, and Areum was more than happy.

 

Hongbin jumped from tree, choosing the shortcut. “Ouch!!”, But unfortunately  it wasn't really a smooth landing.

 

“Hongbin! Are you okay!?” Areum stopped celebrating the return of the scarf and pay more attention to the guy who brought it back.

 

The guy walked up to her as he hide his pain. “Yeah, I’m okay”.

 

“No! You ripped your shirt!” She noticed the obvious one. Hongbin front shirt was somehow ‘missing’, and showing more of his, torso… 

 

“Ah, It's okay—“

 

 

 

“No, it's not,” Areum took off the coat from her and give it to Hongbin. “Don't catch a cold!”

 

 

‘Wait a minute…..’

Again, Hongbin was supposed to be happy, for the care that Areum gave to him, But then, He just realized something, “Whose coat is this?”

 

“Hyuk’s, why?”

 

‘That little bastard’ He mocked inside.

“Ah, Okay….” He fake a smile, hiding his disappointment.

 

hearing that theres nothing wrong, Areum put the scarf back on her, covering her shoulder and back. “See! Now both of us won't catch a cold!” She grinned at him.

 

As much as he wanted to smile as bright as before, he couldnt. “Yeah, come on, you're still borrowing my back”. Still, few steps away, Hongbin might be annoyed. but for his reason that didn't make him stop caring for her. “In three second, if you’re not jumping into my back, then I’m going to leave you here—“

 

“No! No, please” She quickly threw herself on him and hold on his shoulder, tightly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh, by the way I’m curious, So like, you finally got your driving license?” Areum was not made to be silent. 

 

“Nope”

 

“Wait, what?! But— How can hakyeon let you drive—“ Areum looked at him, “Did you lie to him??”

 

“I don't, He probably forgot that….” Hongbin kept on walking. “So you don't trust me?”

 

“No, I trust you, is just that—“ She paused a little, “Well, I trust you, yeah, that's it. hahahah” she laughed alone. 

 

“Good,”  He didn't really get her, but that's what keeping him wanting to stay like this. “But in the future, Can I ask something more than your trust?”

 

Areum leaned on his neck, as she felt tired already. “Like what?”

 

“Like—“ Hongbin stole a glance at her, “Never mind”. He chose to just enjoy this little moment of them, instead of rushing things off. “Just, Promise me that you’ll grant it”

 

Areum end her consciousness with a yawn, “Yeah, fine”

 


 

 

“Ah, Finally” Areum went to her room and found the lights were off already. She could hear the sound of his brother snoring, and it was like a call for her to drop her self on the bed. “What a day,” She tried to search for the blanket, not wanting to turn the lights on as she was afraid to wake Kyunggis up.

 

 


 

 

“UWAAAAHHHHHH UWAAAAAH!” 

 

Kyunggi’s morning call is the most effective way to wake her up. As she opened her eyes, she can feel the ray of sunlight teasing her eyes to open up. “Wait, let me just—“. 

 

 

 

But when she tried to get up, there’s something heavy stopping her, “Whose hand is this?”