Chapter 9

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

The school year ended with not much tears, well except for her inside the silent confines of her room where no one will be able to hear and know the pain that she has been going through for the past weeks before the end of the school year. Every song that she hears reminds her of them especially an old classic song titled Maybe this time. Yonghwa even sang it to her for fun during their farewell party which made everyone believe that they are secretly together and Lizzy was just a decoy. They said eyes don’t lie, she’s afraid of her eyes but not Yonghwas she just doesn’t see how he looks at her as anything special.

 

Summer came and truth be told Yonghwa did enroll with Lizzy and it was on the same day that they all did, they understood him, young passionate love is hard to question and you can’t really find fault to that and only ask the guys to take care of his bestfriend which made Sungmin roll his eyes and chuckled sarcastically

“If you’re a best friend you shouldn’t be asking other people to play your role it’s either you’re IT or not” He may not voice out his opinion much but it irks him that Yonghwa treats Joohyun so good one time then leave her the second, he doesn’t understand how their friendship works but however he feels towards the two, he will never dare question Joohyuns’ choices of action and words.

There are also a few times after the argument incident that Leeteuk, Kangin and Jonghyun would find themselves talking about the two of them, it’s not like they don’t like him but little by little they realize what he was doing to Joohyun, it’s not bad but it’s not good either, a lot of times in the morning, they would hear Yonghwa asking her to do his assignment, his projects. He would sometimes ask Joohyun for little favors such as asking to deliver a simple note to Lizzy which not one of them dared to do to her even after years of friendship. They know the type of friend she is and she is not one to turn her back to a friend, if there is anything she could do then she will. Even the 3 girls with Eunhyuk and Minhyuk would talk about them in private, they are just concerned for Joohyun and is happy to know that Yonghwa won’t be with them, they know too well that if he breaks up with Lizzy he’ll come running back to her in no time.  All 5 of them agreed that Joohyun Is indeed might be in love with him.

 

“Guys I’ll be leaving for a month, mom and dad decided that we stay in the US with my grandparents for summer just so we can tour around and stuff, you know how mom is sad about letting her twin babies go” she giggled remembering last nights dinner when their mom suddenly bawled out of nowhere.

“Aw so you’ll be missing out a month of fun and excitement from the group!” Hyoyeon stomped her foot since she’s the closest neighbor to Joohyun

“That’s good so that you won’t have to think of Yonghwa” Eunhyuk murmured but was heard by several people which got him a big smack in the head from Sungmin and Kangin

“What?!” Joohyun eyed him

“Nothing, I said you won’t miss YOONNA! YOONNAA!” Eunhyuk exclaimed in frustration

she frowned “Geezz okay, I was just asking no need to get all worked up”

 

Yonghwa dropped in a few calls within the week they were leaving but she never hadthe chance to him about their planned vacation since most of the time again it’s Yonghwa who talks and she's the one who listens, by the time she feels that he's winding down with his chit chats and it'll be her turn to talk, will also be the time he’ll hang up to call Lizzy. The night before their departure she called him to let him know

“Hi unnie! It’s Joohyun!”

“O my sweet baby girl! How are you?! Why haven’t I seen you recently?” Jessica Jung teasingly asked her

“Unnie! I’m sorry I was just busy with school”

“wait your busy how come Yongyong is not? you guys go to the same school right?”

She laughed “It’s because I was busy doing his work also!”

Jessica doubled in laughter as well “I knew it! this no good dongsaeng of mine! Wait let me call him they’re in the backyard with little ms. Perfect I swear Joohyun why of all people you helped him with her?”

“Unnie, he likes her so I don’t know what else to do. You’re his sister and you can’t do anything about it why ask me?”

“I knew you’d say that smarty pants!I miss you so come over this weekend!”

“I can’t that’s why I’m calling we’re leaving for a vacation tomorrow evening just wanted to let Yonghwa know”

“Bummer! Wait I’ll get the stupid kid for you I will say this Joohyun of all people why choose my brother as your best friend, he’s a pain!”

I know right? Tell me about it…..

After a few seconds  she could hear foot steps approaching but “Joohyun he said he’ll call you back I don’t know what dumb and dumber is doing and I don’t want to know”

She chuckled and just bid his sister goodbye.

 

She called him again the next day since she didn’t get any phone calls from him

 “The jerk didn’t call you?! Wait.. " she could hear Jessica trying to cover the receiver but to no avail "Yonghwa!! get your out here!” she can hear Jessica shouting from the background “I’m teling you on mom Yonghwa that you and your girlfriend is locking inside your room!”

Her eyes widened from what she heared and panicked a bit “Unnie!!!!” she shouted when she heard it..great… she thought

“Joohyun wait let me just-“

“Unnie it’s okay I’ll just send him a message I just thought I can talk to him before I leave, I’ll let you know when I get back!”

“Joohyun I’m sorry..”

“It’s okay unnie just tell him to use protection!” Joohyun heartily laughed

“Ew Seo Joohyun you are one gross kid, but I’ll miss you! See you in a month!”

As soon as they hang up, Jessica march up to Yonghwas room and banged his door, it took about 30 seconds and some inaudible shouting before his door opened, with Lizzy sitting on his bed

“You stupid kid! Your best friend called just to say goodbye and you didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter