Chapter 1

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

She curled up at the farthest corner of her bed and put the blanket over her head trying to drown the sound of her alarm. She tries to go back to sleep to somehow continue the dream that she was having. On that dream, her crush of two years and counting Cho Kyuhyun, also her classmate during middle school sat beside her at the library and was talking to her like there’s no one else was there, staring straight to her eyes and into her soul. She shut her eyes tightly as if it’s like Dorothy’s’ slipper in the Wizard of Oz but instead of saying “There’s no place like Home” she was saying,”There’s no place like the library” but of course that didn’t work.

She has her back on her door and when she heard it opened she turned around to let her mom know that she’s already awake

“Good you’re awake, first day of sophomore year! Get up and I’ll go wake your brothers up breakfast is ready”

“Thanks mom” she smiled. Her 1st year in high school was definitely one of the best and she intends to make a better one this year. Her mom was right, high school years are the best and so far it’s a 1/1 for her. She smiled knowing that once she gets to school, her friends will be there.

An hour after the morning rush inside their house, she was standing by the bus stop with her 2 brothers, both trying to look crisp and handsome on their first day, her Donghae oppa and Heechul oppa, a complete contrast from each other yet their twins. Donghae is 4 excruciating minutes older than Heechul yet personality wise, the latter seems to be the one who usually takes charge. They’re both on their senior year and has decided to go to different colleges. Their mother was so happy when she was told that she were having twins and had decided that from that day forward, she’ll have them both look and dress like each other, exactly like what other twins do. When she saw her twins though, she was a bit skeptical because they don’t look anything like each other.

They were paternal twins, she was disappointed by the fact that the only excuse she had by dressing them up is because they look so alike but them having completely different faces will make it look like two complete strangers who accidentally wore the same clothes. This went on for 10 years of their life until their dad called foul when their mother decide to make them wear matching leprechaun costumes on a family day.

Donghae is the gentle, introvert type of person who always smiles at everyone. He’s this sweet kind of boy that you would love to introduce to your parents. Heechul on the other hand is this loud, blatant type of person and would say the first thing that comes to his mind, he’s the tough love kind of guy. She stood between her brothers looking at the direction where the bus will be coming from. Joohyun looked up and see that the sky in now turning bluish orange but still with a trace of stars. She likes this part of the day, when night meets day. Heechul elbowed her to let her know that the bus is coming and to get ready. The 3 silently ascended the bus with Heechul choosing to sit at the end while Donghae and her sat together.

“So are you eady for another exciting year Joohyun?” Donghae asked without looking at her but instead looking out at the window.

“Yup!” she answered him also looking at the window. She felt her brother scuffled and when she looked at him he was already in the process of putting one earphone to his ears at the same time closing his eyes of which she did the same. Their family surprisingly, is musically inclined. All of them sing but no one took it to a professional level. Their dad is a doctor while their mother is a nurse and of course where else could they meet, well, sadly not at the hospital but at a pojangmacha. Their dad was a resident at that time and had experience his first table death which scared the wits out of him leading him to drink that night questioning if taking up medicine was the right path for him, while their mom had her first heart break over a boy who she caught cheating right after their 4th anniversary. It wasn’t love at first sight, thought they had to share a cab that night and for some reason they felt that they would find whatever it is they are looking for in each other. A thing Joohyun still can’t understand.

As the three reached the school gates, Joohyun bid her brothers good bye and turned to her left just in time to see one of her bestfriend Yoona walking just a few steps ahead of her

“Yoona!” she shouted as the other girl turned to look at who shouted her name and as soon as she saw who it was, ran back and gave a tight squeeze.

“I miss you!” Joohyun squealed in excitement

“Me too!” the other reciprocating the same excitement

“You know where our classroom will be?” Joohyun asked

“I think we are on the second floor” as Yoona pointed at the level were kids were still at the corridor

The two headed for the stairs still chatting until they found their room. Joohyun immediately took the nearest seat from the window of which Yoona took the seat beside her and putting their bags on the 2 seats in front of them. This has been a ritual for the 4  of them ever since they all became friends in 2nd grade. They save seats for each other, whether it’d be classroom or during lunch.

“Yoona! My heart literally stopped beating earlier! I dreamt about Kyuhyun last night and he was so handsome there and he was looking at me and telling me something”

“There’s a reason why it’s just a dream”

“Why?”

“Because it’s make believe! Kyuhyun? Handsome?”

“YAAAAHH!”

“Seriously Joohyun?”

“Love surpasses all short comings! we still got time, can we just check on him? Please!” she gave Yoona the best puppy dog eyes she could muster

“Joohyun, it’s the first day of the school year and it’s not like you can’t do that later! Let’s wait for the others first”

Others of course would mean Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. A minute after their discussion, comes their guy friends, Kangin, Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Sungmin. They hi fived each other and sat at the very back. Yes, since 4 years ago, their circle of friends became co-ed, meaning girls and boys together. The 4 of them with 7 more guys, though it wasn’t a harmoniously relationship at first, during their first year in middle school they were all seated at the back part of the classroom, things became interestingly fun. It was from cool classmates, to good friends and to now sibling love. Eversince then they deicdd to enroll every year together just to make sure they are under the same class. The good thing of having brothers is that Joohyun know to well on how to handle boys, she grew up being a Donghae and a Heechul merged into one.  

“I was thinking of skipping class today but I thought today might end up being fun” Eunhyuk said as he sat down

“Well atleast you had that option, you know I can never ever skip class” Joohyun looked back looking like she lost 5 years of her life while pouting and resting her chin on the top of the backrest of her seat

“What’s eating you?” Sungmin tapped her

“I ask Yoona to go with me, I just wanted to see Kyuhyun”

“Then go, we still have 15 minutes before class starts”

“I can’t go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter