Chapter 14

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

They didn’t talk after that incident; prom came and went without them speaking to each other. If looks could kill, both are already buried 6 feet under the ground. It didn’t help that Joohyun went to the prom with Kyuhyun as her date and it has nothing to do with rubbing it off the wrong way with Yonghwa. It just happened like that. Having Yonghwa away gives her the time and space to see other people, to see Kyuhyun. Since their classroom’s just beside each other, there would be numerous times in a day that they’d have a smirk off. Childish, yes, the tensions tagline? “CATFIGHT”. No phone calls, no text. Nothing. Jessica and Heechul who became friends because of the two were also puzzled, the latter tried to check with their friends but no one dared to divulge the information and dismissing it as they don’t know or they never really noticed the rift, even Shinhye , who was stuck between the two, tried to talk to the them citing that they are best friends and should always tell each other what the other is feeling.

 

“Yonghwa.. Yonghwa I know you’re awake son”

He turned around and looked at his mom who sat at his bedside

“How are you?” his mom asked since she rarely hear his loud voice in the house within the past weeks

“Okay” avoiding her eyes

“Hows school?”

“Okay”

“Hows Shinhye?”

“Okay”

“Hows your bestfriend?”

“Lee Joons okay”

“How about the other bestfriend”

He sat up and shot an accusing look at his mom “I knew you’d say that! Did Ms. Nosy tell you that I’m fighting with Joohyun?!”

“No, no one tells me anything, but now that you said it mind giving me a back story of why you are fighting with your best friend?”

“No”

“You know sweetie, whatever it is that you and Joohyun fought about can definitely be fixed. You two will soon enter different colleges and won’t get a chance to see each other that much and you’ll both be living two separate lives. She helped you in so many ways Yonghwa and she is someone who’s always there for you if you haven’t noticed” she looked at her unresponsive son whose now lying back down and looking everywhere except at her. She shook her head in defeat, stood up and grabbed a framed photo on his desk and placed it on top of his chest facing him.

“Since I see that it’s still here, I know you still want her in your life and is just being stubborn about it, let me remind you of you and your best friend and what you two have that no one not even us nor Shinhye can replace”

She saw Yonghwas eyes glance at the picture of him and Joohyun, one side was their prom picture and the other was a candid snapshot at their backyard when they were hanging out for the day. He gave Joohyun a piggy back ride on the photo and she posed as if she’s Superman.

She smiled and left his room. She knows he’ll figure it out eventually and there’s no point on pushing him to it. She stood by the dining area and dialed a certain number

“He’s guilty I know he is”

“Joohyuns not talking, literally not talking and simply avoids the topic” she sighed at her friend.

The two women, actually the two families have become close and at numerous occasions both families will invite each other for a simple lunch or dinner so having this conflict between Yonghwa and Joohyun is a big deal for the Jungs and the Seos

“What do we do now?” Mrs. Seo asked

“I don’t know, but are we still on tomorrow?” Mrs. Jung answered

“Yeah of course I heard about this new restaurant that I’d like to try out!”

“Yay!”

 

A week had passed and the family resorted to one last option, there’s only a month left of their senior year and if the two don’t patch up now, they’re afraid they’ll never will. The two moms planned another ordinary dinner over at the Seos giving them no options not to see each other, if they can help it. Yonghwa tried to bail out by giving Shinhye as an excuse but was warned that if he continues to be stubborn he will get grounded.

The Jungs arrived at the Seo residence before dinner and all the girls were busy except for Joohyun who was doing the last edits for the year book of the senior students.

“Yonghwa dear can you please call Joohyun tell her dinners ready” Mrs. Seo asked politely.

“Yes eomma” he turned around and headed straight for the stairs, leaving the smiling ladies.

When he reached the top of the stairs, he trudges slowly until he’s at the slightly open door of his bestfriends room. He leaned closer to see what she is doing and found her head buried in a pile of papers and a bunch of books. She was slightly facing front so he can still see a bit of her side. Eyes looking at something beside her laptop, hair on a loose bun secured by a pencil, strands of hair falling at the side of her face, one leg folded and her head is leaning on it, her boy shorts hitching way up adorned with a grey semi tattered tee. He took in his sight and found himself staring at a zoned out Joohyun.

“You can’t fix anything if you just stare at her like that!” Heechul then shove Yonghwa forward causing him to fall face first in Joohyuns rooms followed by a loud thud. He found himself on the floor and a laughing Heechul outside the now shut door

“You two are not coming out until you fix this! Oh yeah I broke the door knob so you two won’t be able to open it from the inside and don’t try to jump out the window coz we won’t be bringing you to the hospital! You have taken up too much time and energy of your families so be nice to each other!”

Joohyun half ran to her door banging it to get Heechuls attention

“That wont’ cut it Seo Joohyun!” she heared him say from the outside until his footsteps fade away. Se turned her head only to see Yonghwa still on the floor shock and bewildered.

“Hey are you okay?” He looks up and saw Joohyuns worried face looking at him

“Yeah” he brushed off her hand that was on his shoulders, stood up and went directly to her bed and switched the TV on.

She look at him still confuse as to what’s going on but noticed also how he somehow turned the volume way up “Can you atleast turn it down, I’m studying” It was a futile attempt to get him to listen to her and she failed as expected

“Yonghwa what are you doing here?”

“I was just asked by your mom to get you for dinner then this happened, I bet they planned this!” as he continued to changed channel maniacally pressing on the up button on the remote.

She just nodded “I’m asking nicely can you  turn it down a bit, I can’t concentrate if the TV’s on”

He continued to ignore her so she just sighed and sat back to what she was doing. She looked again at the object at the side of her laptop and saw both their smiling face looking back at her she smiled because even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter