Chapter 22

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22

 

Joohyun stood rooted at that same spot for heaven knows how long trying to recall every bit of the “dream”. She covered her face in annoyance since she almost can’t recall the before and after of the said kiss but once thing’s for sure, it was one heated and passionate kiss that it sent shivers down her body. She ran her hands through her hair and kicked a stray stone who was minding it’s business. There we’re only a few people left at the grounds and not a sign of Yongwha, she pulled her hair as she turned around in frustration. When she entered the car, she leaned her forehead on the steering wheel and closed her eyes, were we too drunk that night? But nothing happened aside from that, that she is sure and one more thing, she liked the kiss. How can she clarify this matter with him when it will be impossible to talk to him in the next couple of months? She groaned almost in tears as she started the engine and drove away. This will have to wait.

 

A few days after seeing Yonghwa off, she found herself sitting inside the plane going to her Aunt Taeyeon for her vacation. She looked out the window as more passengers boarded. She sighed still thinking of her last conversation with Yonghwa, he knew all these time about that kiss and yet he decided to keep it to himself maybe waiting for her to say something about it. If by any chance she never did remember anything will he ever tell her? Knowing Yonghwa probably not, he wouldn’t want her to fell embarrassed but him telling it to her seems like it was nothing to him like an old joke that’s been told overtime which no longer deserve a chuckle let alone even a sarcastic laugh. Maybe it was another spur of the moment thing for them like their first kiss. She chuckled recalling it and how she was happy and hurt at the same time. Him asking her to forget about it, her young heart at that time cried like crazy.

She look around and plane is now crowded, she readied herself by fastening her seatbelt then got lost in her thoughts once more. How do I feel now I know the kiss is real? If it’s just another spur of the moment and it means nothing then why am I not hurting? Is it because I’m completely over him?

“Uhm excuse me miss but is it okay if I move your bag here it’s on my seat”

She looked up and saw a tall young man smiling at her with dimples so deep.

“Oh sorry yeah” she took her bag and place it by her foot. She watched as the man put his carry on on the overhead bin, straighten out his shirt and sat beside her. He could feel her looking at him so he turned his head facing her and smiled.

“This will be a long ride” he spoke gently

“Yeah”

The plane taxied and took off without any trouble, she took a book out of her bag and began reading. 10 hours in a plane without doing nothing will definitely make her think more of the effin dream.

“Oh you like Danielle Steel?” the man beside her asked out of the blue

She looked at him and answered politely “Yes”

“My sister loves her, she has this entire collection of her novels that my mom asked her to sell some since we no longer have anywhere to place it”

“Really? I love her books, her style of writing is liberating yet in a contemporary type of setting, how old is your sister?”

“She’s turning 18 next month”

“cool advance happy birthday to her then, is she in the US?”

“Yes my family migrated there 4 years ago but my dad had to stay behind to help out my grandpa with business how about you?”

“Oh no my family is in Korea I’m just visiting my Aunt and her family and my grandparents there. I just graduated so they said to enjoy first before I sign up for the real world” she chuckled

“Uh.. I’m Seunggi by the way, Lee SeungGi whats your name? Don’t worry I’m not a bad guy or anything, I can even give you my mom and dads’ number just incase you were instructed by your parents to not talk to strangers” he smiled widely

She laughed “Isn’t that too late now since we’ve already talked about a number of things? I’m Seo Joohyun”

They shook hands and continued talking about trivial sutff, she found out that he also is into reading and is 4 years her senior, he’s currently working for a construction firm as their engineer in the US. They also talked about family and school.  How it’s like migrating to a different country, the adjustment and the pros and cons.

“Seunggissi” she tapped him lightly “wake up I think we’re about to land, they’re giving instructions for the seatbelt”

He stirred as he slowly opened his eyes “oh already? Thank you Joohyunssi”

He helped her with her luggage from the conveyor and was at the exit of the airport

“Are you gonna take the cab or someone will pick you up?” Seungggi asked her

She tiptoed and pursed her lips, eyes scanning the crowd “I’m supposed to be picked up by my aunt”

“Would you like to call her?” he fished his jacket pocket and took out his phone “You can use my phone”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah sure”

She took his phone and began punching in her aunts mobile

“Aunt Tae! I’m already at the airport where are you?”

“Joohyuna I’m sorry I’m still in my meeting I was about to call you to wait for me or you can take a cab just give them the house address. Don’t worry its safe and whose’ phone are you using?”

“Uhm” She looked up at him at bit her lip. She was suddenly aware that she just met that man who is standing beside her and she barely knew who he was but he smiled at her. A comforting smile and just then she knew he’s okay “well a friend from the plane, I’ll just wait for you then” she hung up with a cloud over her head since she badly wanted to rest. Seunggi looked at her and spoke

“well, I know this is not ideal but if you want we can swing by our house and I can drive you to your house if it’s not far away or if you also want I can call my mom so she can pick us up just so you’ll feel safer. This is just a suggestion just so you can head home, if your aunt won’t make it here in the next couple of hours, you’ll be stuck later than you think. Traffic on the freeway can really get bad.”

“No it’s okay, you go ahead, I’ll just wait for my aunt here, I’m sure she’ll be here in no time” she assured him with a smile.

He sighed “If you say so, atleast let me sit you down” They walked through the crowded airport and found a vacant seat where she could rest while waiting for her aunt.

“I guess this is it” he smiled and offered hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter