Chapter 17

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

 

“I’m what?!”

 

The two looked at the dining entrance and Kyuyhun smirked “Oh who do we have here? The man of the hour Jung Yonghwa! You two sort this out, I’m out and I’m done with you two! Especially you!” pointing his finger accusingly at Joohyun which Yonghwa forcefully smack away.

“The is your problem!?” he shouted at Kyuhuyn as he stood protectively in front of Joohyun

“You two are my problem but I’m tired of playing in between! your own your own! Do me a favor Yonghwa save you and Joohyun from all the heartache and do something with your feelings for once!”

“What are you talking about!?”

“You are hopeless! I won't be sitting here explaining this to you. I want you to think about it!” he shook his head and turned to leave

“No! Kyuhyun! Please wait”

Yonghwa who has fast reflexes caught Joohyuns arms and held her back

“Enough Joohyun!” he shouted at her

“Let me go Yonghwa please!”  she beg as she tried to break away from his hold but failed, all the resistance and crying made her so tired that she slowly collapsed on the floor in Yonghwas arms. She cried not because of what Kyuhyun said, theres nothing more to it but truthfulness anyways but she cried because she knew that if she had just sorted her heart out, they would’ve been so good together. She’s losing someone who had hoped would return his love but as what Kyu said, no matter how hard she tried, she failed to do that because all this time her heart is still with the person holding her now and it’s unfair.

“Let go Joohyun he doesn’t deserve you” Yonghwa shushed her while he hugged her tighly “ You’ll eventually find someone better who will see how beautiful and good you are!”

They stayed like that for no one knows how long until her cries turned to sobs then silent tears, after awhile, Yonghwa helped her stand up and sat her on one of the chairs and gave her water. He saw that she was not in any shape to clean up and it’s better to clean up before anyone gets there and bombards her with questions. He looks at her as she stares into space tears never ceasing to flow, she’s not even bothering to wipe it. He began to pick up some of her phones parts and started clearing the table. Once done, he wiped the remnants of the spilled water and washed the dishes glancing at Joohyun every now and then. After he’s done he led her to her room and tucked her to bed

“Are you leaving?” she blankly looked at him, her glassy stare gave him the chills, for the first time in an almost 6 years of their friendship, she looks empty and it scared him how scarred she was because of this. He also can’t ignore the feeling that he has something to do with the break up.

He smiled sitting on the floor beside her bed “Why would I leave you? We’re on the same boat”

“huh?”

“Shinhye and I broke up”

Her eyes widened as she pushed herself up the bed “OMG! What happened? Are you okay?”

“Yeah I guess, she broke up with me officially via Viber” he chuckled as he flicked a lint on her bed covers “I saw it coming, maybe I was just waiting for her to do it but the thing is I’m not feeling anything at all, I thought I’d feel anything but weirdly I don’t is it because we’ve been away each other for too long? ”

She sighed lying back down “I don’t know either, nothing’s going right for the two of us today huh? Sorry about Shinhye, I like her”

“Yeah me too, sorry about Kyuhyun, I guess I have something to do with it, he said my name earlier, I heard it”

Her heart thumped louder “What did you hear?” sitting up from her bed again

“I don’t know I just heard my name, everythings incoherent earlier, I just broke up with my girlfriend then I hear my bestfriend crying over the phone, I saw red spots all over, I swear I could’ve killed Kyuhyun earlier!”

“Don’t, it’s not his fault, nothing is his fault” she paused recalling what Kyuhyun said and praying that Yonghwa really did not hear anything “this is all me, I didn’t give enough”

“It’s his lost J don’t worry”

She smiled bitterly “I guess I’ll see about that huh?”

Yonghwa kneeled and faced Joohyun “Don’t you dare ask him to come back to you! Don’t even think of begging! I swear I will break his face!”

“I’m not worthy of him Yong”

“Why are you saying that, you sound like this is all your fault”

“It IS my fault” she tried to smile but a tear escaped her eyes “but don’t worry I won’t let him suffer”

“What are you saying stop being cryptic!” he stood up and sat on her bed in frustration

“Let’s just leave it at that Yong”

He opened his arms and gathered Joohyun for a tight embrace where she let out a tiny wail and a whole load of fresh tears. This time the tears are for her and her heart and for a love that can never be. That exact night she vowed to forget whatever she feels for Yonghwa simply because she knows that as long as she have him in her heart, she will keep hurting people who’ll come her way. They deserve that much….she deserve that much.

 

Days went by and Joohyun decided to let her family know of her current status since everyone is asking, she didn’t elaborate on the reason and just said that it’s a mutual decision. Yonghwa on the other hand is now free from guilt and is going out with different girls. Joohyun don’t even check how he’s doing coz she knows that if Yonghwa’s out of reach it means he’s reaching out to someone else. She continued to deal with her life the best way she knows how but she also know that she has to apologize to Kyuhyun and talk to him about them. Not getting back together but atleast for a clean slate even if it means just being friends. After a few months of avoiding her calls…

 

“Hi” she smiled timidly as Kyuhyun sat in front of her. It was their first time seeing each other again after their fight. Their break up wasn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter