Chapter 32

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 32

 

 

She was pulling an all-nighter just to plan on how they’ll go about Seunggis wedding. It was the main feature for that month and so there’s no room for error.  She had her assistant editor and content writer with her who are also a mess as she is. Cups of coffee were everywhere inside their office. This has to be perfect, not only is this her 1st year anniversary edition as an editor in chief, this is Seunggi, her ex fiancée who she owes a lot to. Her eyes have dark circles which were covered by her thick spectacles. Her “Bite Me” statement shirt is stained with ketchup and mustard from an earlier burger fest they had for dinner and her jeans and Chucks have spilled coffee stains from a little accident earlier, it also doesn’t help that she forgot to comb her now messy pony tailed hair for 2 days. She didn’t really notice it since everyone in the room looks as messy as she is. They were just happy that they have an office instead of someone else’s basement eating ramyeon.

 

She can hear her stomach grumbling since its past midnight and they only got half of the job done. At the side of her eyes, she can see a black haired petite girl who was pacing back and forth in pink sweats. Her head of creative and design, Tiffany, was staring at maybe the tenth story board for that day and she still hasn’t approve anything. In an ordinary, non crucial day, all her staff including her, are always dress to the nines, lipstick check! High heels check! Hairstyle check! They are representing one cover of the biggest publishing company in Asia. What’s funny though is that they spearhead a bridal magazine but only less than half of her team is married. They make use of their creativity and common sense but the actual feel is far from over. They had attended numerous weddings of cousins, friends, friend of friends just to get an idea, hours of research, studies and location interviews to the point that they actually became friends with everyone in the bridal business. They only were able to sail smoothly after 4 months but before that, she was on the verge of giving up. How can someone who broke off her own wedding be an editor-in-chief of a bridal magazine? It’s like the kettle calling the pot black, but she wanted it, she worked hard for it and so she must make it. AND SHE DID.

 

Joohyun was biting the eraser end of her pencil again, a habit she does when she’s thinking too much when the door of their office floor burst open, in came Yonghwa, his dress suit sleeves pulled up to his elbow and slightly messy hair. He had one of the building security in tow to help him with the bags which Joohyun knows contain food for everyone. By the looks of it, Yonghwa probably stayed out late in his office as well.

 

“Yongyongyongyong!!!” she shouted from where she was seated. The office erupted with cheers as they saw food being brought in. She gave Yonghwa a slight hug and he kissed her temple as they surveyed whats for evening snacks.

“Yonghwassi you’re daebak!!” Tiffany giving him a thumbs up while opening her choice of food. Yonghwa then handed Joohyun a separate bag of which she accepted with glee.

“Spicy Chicken!!” she shouted excitedly as she savor the smell of the newly fried and spiced chicken. Everyone began to eat in groups.

“J, you gotta sleep you know?” He looked at her eyes full of concern. Her mom just called Yonghwa to drop off fresh clothes for her to wear since she has been wearing the same clothes now for 2 days in a row.

“I know we just need to finish the planning so we know what to do seamlessly, I am looking at 0 mistake on this Yong”

He wiped the side of as she was eating carelessly. She smiled wide “Gomawo Yonghwaya!!!”

He smiled back with a tiny bit of sarcasm. They had been each other’s most loyal supporters ever. She knows how complicated his work is, he knows how demanding hers’ is. There are a lot of times when they have to go the extra mile just to help each other out, just to be together. They are at the point of their relationship where it’s a must to be together.

“Are you going home?” he asked as they started cleaning up

“Nope still have a lot to do”

He looked at her sternly “Joohyun let me just remind you you guys have been camping out this office for almost 3 days now, one more day with you people here and it will start to stink!”

“Back off Chaebol!” she smiled pointing at him

“Joohyun!” he warned her seriously

“Yong APPA! We will go home later I promise. can you pick me up?” she looked at him with aegyo eyes

“That won’t work J I’m really serious this time, I don’t want you getting sick”

“Promise, pick me up on your way home and I’ll go home with you”

“You bought a car but you seldom use it!”

“You’re here why do I need it for?”

“Cham!”

 

She went down to see Yonghwa off giving him a kiss on the cheek as she wave him goodbye. She went up and started where they left off and at around lunch time they were able to finalize the planning and had already assigned task in each department. They also have the schedule of the bride and groom. Everything, if there won’t be any unexpected problem, should go smoothly and according to plan. She slumped in her office couch and slept there until Yonghwa came to pick her up. When they got to her house she was ushered by her mom to shower first before dinner as Yonghwa followed her to her room and laid half his body on her bed while he wait closing his eyes for a short nap. He woke up smelling a vanilla almond scent. He scratched his eyes sitting up and that’s when he sees Joohyun covered only with a towel hair still dripping sitting at her mini boudoir. He didn’t realize he was staring until she cleared and raised her browse at him

“what? First time you see me in this?”

He looked away and answered “Not really” he stood up and headed for the door but she beat him to it blocking it with her body

“Yonghwa” she called him seductively

“Stop that J, not funny at all”

“You’re no fun! you used to harass me when we were younger now that I’m here like this you run away!”

“Joohyun you lack sleep, you’re not in your right mind can you please move so I can go down and you can change into proper clothes!” poking her shoulder with his pointy finger making sure no other body parts will be touching

“Do you still love me Yong?” her big brown eyes boring to his soul

His eyes widened not really sure what she wants and where this conversation is heading this is not what he planned

“Joohyun, I love you then I love you now and I love you forever and believe me, if I don’t treasure our friendship I will take you right here right now this very instant” biting his lower lip in the end as he sees the wear droplet head down her cleavage

“Oh Yong gomawo!!” she smile gleefully “Nado saranghae!” she was about to press herself to him for a hug when he dodge and dash to open the door shouting

“EOMMMA!!!!  Joohyuns going to take advantage of me!”

He ran down the stairs and plopped on the sofa catching his breath. Yes he may say things as a joke but whatever he feels for her with his heart and with his body is not a joke. He had been practicing celibacy every since he acknowledge the fact that he loves her. No other girls, not even for fun. Even during company dinners he spare no time looking at others. Joohyun may be the love of his life but she is also his bestfriend figuratively and literally and you don’t hurt friends it’s not in his dictionary.

“Aigoo Joohyuna! You’re scaring Yonghwa again!” her mom shouted as she patted Yonghwas head

“Where’s Heechul and Donghae hyung?” he asked as he flip the channel on the TV

“well your Donghae hyung is busy with his review and Heechul will be coming home late he said they have this farewell party for his boss”

“Oh and appa?”

“Your appa is on his way home, your mom and I will be goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter