Chapter 34

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 34

 

Eunhyuk and Kangin made their way back to their table forgetting the reason why they even left in the first place eyeing Yong and Joohyun suspiciously but not really questioning them about it. Joohyun was seated between Sooyoung and Hyoyeon while Yonghwa is beside Jungshin and Leeteuk. They became observant and quite all through the night and was just elbowing each other when one of their suspects does something weird

“Joohyun how was Seunggi?” Yonghwa asked looking at Joohyun of which the other smiled

“Good, it was nice to see him again”

Their friends were just listening as it’s just a normal topic but not for the two who witnessed the extra ordinary that night. Their extra keen on knowing what the truth is and by the looks of it earlier the two in question is not planning to spill anything anytime soon.

“Are you happy that you saw him again after a long time?” Yonghwa continued asking

“Of course, he was also my friend and it’s good that we finally see each other, both happy”

“Woah so you’re happy?”

“YES!”

“How happy are you J?” he looked at her with a mischievous grin

They can tell Joohyun was holding back that same grin “Very Very happy” the others were just slightly weirded-out since aside from the innocent conversation they got these gushiness looks in their eyes.

“Oh God I can’t take this” Kangin abruptly stood up and Eunhyuk followed “I need a strong drink”

Everyone at their table looked at their retreating backs

“What’s up with those two?” Jungshin asked

“Beats me” Yonghwa shrugging

The rest of the night went peaceful except for Kangin and Eunhyuk who keeps throwing curious glance at Yonghwa and Joohyun of which they ignored.

 

~~~~~~

 

She was finishing her work when she received a message from Yonghwa asking if she was ready to go home of which she replied with a yes. As any other nights, he picked her up and went to dinner at one of the newly opened restaurant that they have been planning to try out.

“Hows work?” she asked

“Nothing much, had a few meetings here and there; dad was a bit under the weather so I presided for the stock holders meeting earlier. I’m getting the hang of it but I still think I’m not ready. I still have this feeling that everyone out there is about to get me and ready to pounce any minute” he answered truthfully.

“No they won’t your dad owns the company itself it’s not like you guys are mere stockholders, you own majority of the stocks and I don’t see any reason why they would want to do that” she answered while sipping her juice.

“I know but, money changes everything”

Yes, he has been working for his dad ever since his discharge from the army. He learned the ropes of their business from the bottom to the top. It’s not like they’re a big company as compared to others but they take pride on what they do. He’s very proud especially of his dad who started out their business in Busan and learned the ins and outs of Bed and breakfast in the US. What separates them is that they really made sure to emphasize on the feel of home, they don’t have the typical hotel look, they are not a hotel after all. Their customer service is more hands-on it’s like you’re really staying at your friends house or your relatives house. Unlike hotels that got numerous floors, the highest they have is 3rd floor to give it a house like ambience. They have gardens where the guest can have teas during their free time. A common large living room area where guest can mingle with the other guest if they are bored staying inside their rooms.

His father always tells him that they are just employees themselves who just happened to start the business. They have to work as much as the others.  His dad never instilled in his mind that yes we have a very successful business and you are the CEO’s son reason why even if they can, they just live off like any normal Korean family. They don’t even have household helpers and drivers. Their mom still does the laundry with everyone pitching in.  They even have pack lunch every now and then. He is now second in command in their company and Jessica is a successful doctor but they still wash the dishes and clean the house. No, they were never brought up in luxury, the only luxury that they have is them being allowed to spend time with their friends, they even have to earn their allowance when they were young.

“Don’t worry, have a bit f faith in the goodness of people and as for you,  it’ll just come naturally and it’ll be like you were born to do it. Nothing good comes easy, if it’s too easy then it’s not good”

He smiled “Another word of wisdom from my girlfriend”

She chuckled “For real hon, I’ve learned that if it comes too easy, we tend to not appreciate it at all, just look at us and what we have now, it took us years to be together, we have to go through so many heartaches and so many disappointments. Though I am sorry that it took us years, I’m thankful because I know that during tough times all we need to do is look at what we’ve been through and I’ll have reason to go on”

His heart quenched in emotion from what she said. He then stood up and sat next to her and hugged her.

“Yah! We’re in a public place?” she whispered surprised by than sudden show of affection

“I know just let me do this for a minute” he hugged her tighter and breathe in the scent of her hair and whatever's left of her perfume “I’m sorry if I was stupid to not know but you’re right, this might really be the best road for us, today is what matters but we have to be thankful of the past because it what’s make us. It’s what brought us here “

She looked at him in the eyes and smiled “Right but sometimes it still feels weird”

“Why?”

“I don’t know, I know that I’ve loved you for so long and even got numb to it but you know, us like this, you and me, I still can’t believe it at times, like it’s a dream”

“Well believe it, but yes me too, I really thought I’ve lost you there”

She smiled “I don’t think there was ever a time that you lost me, unconsciously my heart has always been yours. Okay enough with this it’s getting cheeky one more minute of this and I’ll spew nonsense”

He laughed at her as she began to blush, no Joohyun was never really the sweet, clingy type of girl maybe it has something to do growing up with 2 brothers. She’s a perfect mixture of a girl and a boy rolled into one. She got that perfect balance making everyone around her comfortable. He sometimes would find himself still in awe that they are officially together, as a dating couple. When you are used to doing things with that person for a long time, there shouldn’t be much of a difference when it comes to whatever it is you feel for that person but it’s different with them, especially with him. He had seen Joohyun in ragged clothes, pajamas, he saw her drool while sleeping, her tousled her when she wakes up but nothing can always prepare him when she takes his breath away each and every time he sees her.

 

~~~~~

 

Everyone was early to help out with the preparation for the big day ofr Yoona and Jonghyun, to save money the couple decided to not hire a wedding planner so everything was planned, prepared and executed by the bride and groom themselves with the help of family and friends. Joohyun being in the “Matrimony” industry volunteered to be their consultant and main coordinator for the wedding day itself. She was busy checking if everything and everyone is already there and in their right places. It was an eventful day and they couldn’t be happier f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter