Chapter 19

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaprter 19

 

As planned the group went out to celebrate Yonghwa and Minhyuks enlistment and they all had a blast, it was the first time in months they all gathered together. Except for Sungmin, Yonghwa and Minhyuk are the last two of their friends to enlist so it was a bit exciting at the same time surreal since this only confirms that they are now grown ups and must face the world.

 

“Why do we need to bring a car Yong? We can just take the KTX, won’t even have to bother where to leave the car” Joohyun asked as she put on her seatbelt.

“It’s much better that we have our own ride so we can go anywhere we want instead of just taking the bus besides If I get tired from driving, we can switch!”

she rolled her eyes “Exactly what I was avoiding!”

“Okay enough, we’re here are you ready?!” Yonghwa looked at her happily. They are to set off on their weekend get away

she then smiled widely “YES!! Lets go!”

They started their 6 hour long drive to Busan that early morning.

“Did you confirm the rooms that we’ll be staying on?”

“Tsk no need! We own the inn why do I need to confirm?” brushing her off

“It’s peak season and people are on vacation, you just never know Yonghwa” she lectured as she looked out the window watching the other cars pass by.

“We’ll be okay trust me!”

“That’s another scary thought!”

“Joohyun!!!”

“Okay you said so, I’m keeping my mouth shout” she invisibly zipped her lips while smiling at him

“You’re annoying”

“You should’ve known that before” she pointed it out

“How will I survive the weekend with just seeing you?” he looked back at her

“Shouldn’t I be the one thinking about that?”

“I’m hungry feed me”

“Yonghwa you got two hands, hold this and feed yourself” handing him sliced kimbap on a mini box

“I’m driving!”

“So? Can’t you use your other hand instead?”

“No safety first. Feed me!palli!” he adamantly protested

She groaned as she starts feeding him the kimbap Mrs. Seo made for them to eat on the road.

“Eommas kimbap are really the best! Moms is salty I don’t know why” he commented while munching a mouthful since Joohyun keeps on putting food in his mouth

“I’m gonna tell eomma!!!!” she laughed

“YAH!”

They bickered and laughed and told stories, half way along the travel, Joohyun offered to switch with YOnghwa since he seems sleepy but he declined.

“Sing me a song J a really nice one just not the ones that will make me sleepy”

“Hmmm okay, let me check the lyrics of that song, you know TTS? TaeTiSeo right?”

He pursed his lips thinking since the name sounds familiar “I think I do”

“I like this one song of theirs, I bet you’ll recognize this song” she pressed play on her phone and began singing “Whisper”

When the melody began yonghwa then excitedly exclaimed “I know that song! They got those y waves! Those three are goddesses! One of them sorta loooks lke you, you know tall and allwith pointy elbows, the maknae!”

He sang along during the lines that he knew but most of the time he just let her sing while looking at her from time to time. He smiled seeing her sway her body to beat and feeling the song, she during the chorus which for some reason made him red.

 “You know what J you’re pretty and y! I don’t know why you still got no boyfriends?”

This earned him a loud laugh “Yonghwa I apprecaite your compliment though I'm not sure if they are since I think you are sleepy and that you’re imagining things, and again, boyfriend issues are taboo for the two of us so how about we change it to who’s flavor of the month?”

He smirked as he side eyed her “Changing the topic won’t help but just so you know? None, I don’t want anyone visiting me during my military duties aside from you and the family. I don’t want to keep people waiting”

“That is so you, you know I’ve always thought you’re the type who sticks with one person for the rest of your life, like have that one person as long as you can” she leaned on the headrest as she tuck her feet under her while looking at him

“I am like that, and I do have people like that in my life and I take care of them in my own way so I can keep them”

“How come I never knew anyone like that in your life, as far as I know you date different girls everyday, you don’t do back to back, you don’t date during weekends , so who are these "lucky" people you keep?”

“If theres a lot I won’t be able to keep them all”

“You mean theres only a few of them in your life?”

“Yup!”

“Okay this is interesting, someone you want to keep for the rest of your life…. We’re not talking about family here Yonghwa!!! That’s so corny if you answer me family”

He stopped at a red light looking far ahead “Nope not family actually there is only that one person”

“WHoah!! I’m your best friend and I never knew of this!!”

“That’s because you always judge me! You think of me as this playboy, gigolo type of dude”

“Rain check!!! It’s because sir that is what you show, how else would you want to be looked at if that’s how you behave?”

“Well I thought you always knew me better”

“I do! believe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter