Chapter 35

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 35

 

Joohyun has been sending venomous glances towards Yonghwa and he can’t help but be amused. It’s not like he’s doing something wrong behind her back. He was just sitting there with Shinhye and some of their friends talking about school within her radar. He was not even sitting beside her. As soon as she saw Shinhyes smile she lost all senses, how on earth can this happen? Just when they are just starting, here comes the most delightful distraction. She really felt a sharp stab in her heart, she knew Yonghwa did love Shinhye at some level, she was there to witness it all. She also knew Shinhye loved Yonghwa, they were friends and seeing them now again in one room within that one small space just does wonders to her heart. She doesn’t even have any reason to be jealous but there she is as green as she could ever be.

 

Whenever someone would strike a conversation with her, her eyes automatically would fall on Yonghwa just to check if he was still where he is, if he’s smiling too much or is he being touchy with her. Paranoia kills add in envy, a perfect receipt for an uncalled for heartbreak. She sigh deeply as she made her way to the DJ to lower the music down a bit since most people are now just talking in groups and no one’s dancing. She heard loud laughter from the direction of their table and she just knew it’s them. Why can’t a grown woman like me just let it slide and not feel anything? I’m the girlfriend for crying out loud! Why do I have to feel inferior? Oh yeah because I love that guy way too much and for way too long and him being with his ex is just not part of my itinerary.

 

As some of the guest leave she also positioned herself just past the door where Yoona and Jonghyun was saying their thanks and goodbyes to everyone who attended. She politely bowed thanking them as well. When she knew that a large chunk of the guest were gone, she stiffly walked towards the brides waiting room to sit. She slumped on the mini sofa and removed her shoes. Damn this feels good. She looked around to see if someone will be coming in, all the things of their friends where in that room but she figures all of them will stay behind just to talk more so she deliberately lied half of her body on the sofa removing the earpiece and placing it at the table. She was just staring into space when she felt tears coming out of her eyes.

“OMG!” she eclaimed alone in the room wiping it “What the hell?” she slouched and dangled her feet in the air when her phone vibrated. She knew who it was and she’s debating with her self if she should answer or not, but again, as if she can run away.

“Chagiya, where are you?” Yonghwa asked, she can tell by his voice that he’s walking probably looking for her

“I’m in Yoonas wating room earlier, I’m tired and I just sat a bit to rest, I’ll be coming out in a few minutes” she wasn’t even able to finish what she was saying when Yonghwa burst through the door closing it behind him.

“Are you okay?" as he sat beside her, gathering her in his arms making her sit on his lap

“Yes, just tired” she answered while she leaned her head at the crook of his neck

“Tired and?”

She sat up looking at him curiously “Just tired”

“No tired and????” smirking at her

“What do you mean?”

“Jealous?”

She stood up

“I am not jealous!” shouting at him

“Whoah why are getting so worked up?”

“Bacaue you’re making things up!” she sat down and wore her shoes and headed for the door when he caught her elbow

“Hon, may I just remind you that I am also you’re best friend? You’re face shouts jealousy all over, I know that face all too well” he laughed and it annoyed her more

“Oh yeah? You know my jealous face? Then why didn’t you get that I like you even before? You know my jealous face I’ve been jealous a hundred times! Why didn’t you do anything about it before mr. know it all!!”

He really wanted to laugh harder but he knew it won’t do them any good.

“Okay I’m sorry, I’m sorry if I didn’t do anything about you before and I’m sorry for making fun of you, I find you really beautiful today and now I’m finding you cute”

“I am not cute!” she exclaimed

“Yes you are” he then brought her to his arms and held her tight “Aigoo I’m sorry if I made you feel jealous, how about we tell them about us now huh?” he whispered in her ears kissing it at the same time. She squirmed and moved away

“You are not going away with that!”

He pulled her again and was about to kiss her when the door opened. They were both surprised that they pushed each other away

“Oh there you guys are, we were looking for you, almost all guest left and we are just making use of the remaining hours of the rent come on!” Hyoyeon pulled Joohyun and was followed by Yonghwa. They rearranged the table to accommodate everyone that’s left behind including Yoonas 2 sisters and Jonghyun sister and Shinhye. Joohyun fought the urge to roll her eyes when she found that she is still there but there is also this guilt of why she is feeling that way for someone who at one point of her life, no matter how weird the circumstances were, became her friend.

When their friends saw them approaching they hoot a bit and made Yonghwa sit beside Shinhye which earned him a scowl and Joohyun was drag and was seated in between Kangin and Eunhyuk of which the two smiled evily.

Some of their friends began teasing the ex lovers saying that it must be fate that brought them together again after years. Yonghwa only laughed while Shinhye just kept on shaking her head.

“Bastard all sweet talk” Joohyun whipered under her breathe

“What did you say Joohyun?” Kangin asked

She stared “nothing”

“Oh I though I heared you say something” he smiled then looked at Yonghwa “So Yonghwa since it’s been years how does it feel to see Shinhye now?”

The others chorused in laughter especially when Shinhye herself asked “Yes Yonghwa so how does it feel to see me now”

“Yah!” of which she slightly pushed Shinhye

Joohyun was trying to downplay and tried to laugh along but the sounds that's coming from her is more like a cat who’s having indigestion. She can see Yonghwa looking at her from time to time sending her apologetic look

“Tell them huh?” she thought “Let’s see how you’ll tell our friends”

They talked about their old classmates and old activities in school. Even Yoona and Jonghyun were still with them stating that they want to also enjoy this moment when they can sit down all together and just laugh about the past. Yes they do get together every now and then but not like this, most of the time, there’s always one or two who’s in hurry or someone is missing.

“I can’t believe that you guys are still together, I mean intact as a group, my high school friends have all drifted away” Shinhye commented looking around

“It’s effort Shinhye” Yoona answered her “We always try to make time for each other”

“And even if we don’t see each other for days, when we see each other, we always pick up where we left off so I guess that’s the thing with us, even when the guys went to military” Sooyoung added

“It’s nice to have old friend around, I sorta lost everyone when I left” she smiled sadly but then smiles "Good thing I met Jana and well small world turned out she's Jonghyuns little sister"

Joohyun then had another round of guilt feeling which made her speak for the first time “I don’t think you’ve lost them, you just need to reach out”

Shinhye took a deep breath then looked at Yonghwa “You think?”

Joohyuns stomach dropped and almost shouted “NOT

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter