Chapter 33

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 33

 

She cried louder as she lunged forward to hug him toppling him off balance. He laughed so loud that some passerby had to look their way only to see an almost lying man with a girl on top of him hugging him while crying.

“Is that a yes?” he asked with glassy eyes

“It’s a yes!” she exclaimed bawling more

 “Yah! But why are you crying more!” Yonghwa trying to suppress his laugh now looking at her in arms length

“Because I just found out you at proposals!” sobbing harder while holding her lips to refrain from quivering

“I was planning to do it in a cool way! You know when you’re really mad I’d pull you right in and say be mine! Looking all manly and all then kiss you senseless just like those bad movies but then you cried!”

She looked at him wide eye “That’s the lamest proposal I’ve heard! I can't totally write this donw as an article! For heavens sake you’re already a vice president of a company who earns a lot you could’ve prepared this in a more extravagant way!”

“It’s not even a marriage proposal!” he whined

“Still!!” whining back

He smiled widely and held her face  “I love you Seo Joohyun my head loves you from the moment you went down your stairs during our Junior prom but my heart loves you the second you winked at me during my first day in our homeroom class, I love you in all essence and meaning of it, it’s you who completes me!” and he goes in for that long much awaited kiss. It was simple yet meaningful. Their first kiss of which they would never ever dare forget. A kiss which took 10 years in the making.

They went back smiling while holding each others’ hand tightly. It was weird but they wouldn’t want it any other way. There’s this person who you’ve known almost your whole life but what you feel for them is as new as the rising sun in the morning. It’s like experiencing their first love on a different level, they had their first relationship with someone else but both knew that this, what they have right now, is the real deal.

When they returned to their real life, Joohyun had to immersed herself again to her magazine while he goes back as being the VP of their company. She had her scheduled interview that day with Seunggi and she keeps on pacing, she feels nervous and excited all at the same time. Call it crazy but this is her salvation. The icing on the cake as they say. She had waited to see him again and it’s a good thing that no matter how sad they parted they’ll be meeting once more because of something happy. She had imagined this moment a lot of time and in many different scenarios however that does not include meeting again because she’ll be covering his wedding.

She thanked the heavens for giving her Yonghwa and for him having that patience with her. Everyhting that he had displayed for last couple of years are completely different from the Yonghwa she met before. She fell inlove with the playful, charming, good looking Yonghwa and it’ll be a lie to say that she’s not falling harder for the Yonghwa she knows know.  He just doesn’t know how thankful she is for waiting for her and not giving up on her. Yes they know what the other is feeling. They have been vocal about it but it’s different when you’re in the unknown of whats going to happen, of when it will happen. Now that they are officially together, there’s no more gray areas. It’s as clear as the stream.

“Hey hon are you ready?” she closed her eyes relieving all her stress by just the sound of his voice

“Yes ready as I could ever be” sighing as she plop her feet up her table not really minding if she’s wearing a skirt or if someone suddenly barges in her office finding her like that.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to drop you off, I have nothing much to do anyways”

“It’s okay but will you come and pick me up? I’ll let you know once the interview is finish”

“Then we grab dinner”

“Yup”

“Is the bride having her interview today as well?”

“No, I’ll meet her tomorrow, she has some appointment today so I only have Seunggi oppa today  then her tomorrow” she explained

“Do you still have to call him Seunggi oppa? It should be Seunggissi, you’re no longer close and related”

She chuckled “is that what you want?”

“Yes”

“Arasseo Yeobo!”

“We have been calling each other that for days now, I swear we’ll get caught one of these days because of tongue slip”

She laughed at his remark, they decided to keep it low for now and will just slowly break the news to everyone especially their family. There are times when it still feel surreal but most of the time it couldn’t get any real than this, kissing frantically inside his car, their house, her room, his room. Basically kissing well smoldering each other at any chance they get. The things is, it’s not weird at all. There were nothing much of a difference except for the numerous I Loves yous and flowers and innuendos. It doesn’t help that they are left alone together almost all the time be it in his house or her house. The tension was building up that they had to just avoid the bedroom at all cost, they are two full grown adults after all. There is also the thrill of keeping their relationship a secret from everyone, little things such as holding hands under the table when they have dinner with their family. Their unspoken tease whenever their eyes met. Yonghwas hands who seems to always find it's way under her skirt from time to time. It's those things that makes their heart flutter even after years of knowing each other. They continued talking for a bit until her assistant called her that they need to leave.

 

She sat at one of the hotels small function room while her team set up the camera. She ran over the questions for the nth time just to shake away the nerves.

“We’re ready boss” her main photographer informed her

“Great! Let’s just wait for him”

After a few minutes, the door burst open and in came Seunggi wearing a big smile

“Seo Joohyun!”

Her heart melted as soon as she heard his voice and slipped to

“Oppa!” which rings the alarm in her head bringing her back to reality “Sorry hello Seunggissi” as she bowed politely

“Why are you being so formal? Come here!” she froze when he gave her a tight hug “How are you?”

She didn’t know how to react since there are people around who doesn’t know their past. They were quiet bewildered as how the man shows familiarity with their boss but would never really expect what the story behind it.

He motioned for her to seat “Shall we start”

It took a few minutes for her to settle back into her niche, she is very good at what she does and this is the first time she seems to lose control of it but that didn’t last long, it’s her game and she plans to win. Nerves and all. The interview lasted for almost an hour and then they had to do the photoshoot. Tiffany was very busy with setting up the background and this gave them time to chat off the record.

“How are you for real Joohyuna?” a chill ran down her spine as he called her name. She really feels weird like she almost married this man and shared kisses with him! Like tongue moving kisses! She felt heat on her face and she knew she’s turning red.

“Are you okay?”

She turned around begging the heavens mercy  then wen t b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter