Chapter 29

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29

 

While everyone was counting their days till discharge he was also counting it down to her wedding. He feels agitated most of the time and jumpy. He has accepted the fact that it was indeed game over. Many times in a day he would have the urge to contact her again and beg but of course these are just his impulsive, selfish self lurking, in reality and with the help of constantly talking himself out of it, he was ready. Little did he know he was only a week away from finishing his military service and he’ll be off to see the world. The excitement that comes with it is overflowing, what is there to life really? Before he went to the army all he thought about was his dreaded enlistment, it occupied his mind to no end but now that he’s about to finish it, his brain has a lot of room to store new things to think about and belatedly it has been occupied by a single person only.

 

A few weeks before his last day in the army Heechul and Donghae visited him. He actually noticed that the younger twin was not at the party not unless he didn’t see him since he was there for a short period of time. He saw Donghae but no Heechul

“Hyungs!”

“Yonghwaya!”

He gave the two a hug

“To what do I owe this honorable visit?”

“Tsk! What?! Can’t we visit you?”

“Hyungs I’m like the annoying brother you like to drive away”

“That’s where you are wrong! you are annoying we can give you that but we never drove you away”

“Yeah right! You always make fun of me and make me do the dishes and stuff!”

“Well coz you get free food!”

“See?”

“Okay enough!”

“Are you going to tell me why both are here?”

They looked at each in the eyes like three little kids about to dig in to some mess. It was high school all over again and for some reason they all feel light hearted. It suddenly dawned on him that he won’t be able to barge into Joohyuns life as he did before, make himself comfortable in her home, stay and sleep over as many days as he wants. No it will be very different and because he respect Seunggi as a man, he won’t even try, he knows what it feels like, he’s already feeling it now. So this with Donghae and Heechul feels like bitter-sweet.

“Yah Yonghwa!”

“What?!” he asked annoyed

“Did you miss us?” Heechul  smiled widely

“Seriously?! Is that a question?”

“No it’s a statement! You miss us, I demand you to miss us!”

“Okay you twins are scaring me, there’s a reason why you’re here and you’re stalling why don’t you just get it over and done with”

Donghae took a deep breath and pursed his lips “Well we’d like to talk to you about Joohyun, did anything happen lately?”

Yonghwa looked confuse from the question “I’m sorry but I’m here and you guys are together out there how would I know?”

“Here’s the thing about our sister Yonghwa and this is base in our experience, no one and we say no one can affect our sister as much as you do, our parents can ground her for the rest of her life and she still wouldn’t bother but when it comes to you, she’s different”

“Meaning?” he asked still nor getting it

“She has been acting weird and we don’t know why, it’s subtle but we feel it”

“Heechul hyung, maybe it’s because of you, I was at her party when you were not maybe it has something to do with your issue of her marriage”

“I love Joohyun Yonghwa and I will stand by her even in death but if I see she’s making the biggest mistake of her life then I will let her know and I won’t stand to watch her fall”

“she’s happy Hyung”

“Is she really?”

“As I said I’m here I don’t see her and as I’ve seen, Seunggi is a good guy, why can’t you guys just accept him to make her happy”

“Then why can’t you?”

That question may have been the biggest boulder that hit his head, if it’s a rock literally, he’s dead by now.

“I am”

“You’re lying”

“Hyung you don’t know how long I’ve been lying to myself? IT's already my second skin”

And this statement shut the twins up and there they knew he’s given up. They just proved that he really love Joohyun.

“I’m sorry but if you came here to ask me to convince her to not get married, I can’t do that. I am her bestfriend and I will until the end stand by her decision. I only want her to be happy that’s it.”

 

When the twins left, he stayed seated at where they left him. He don’t get why the twins doesn’t want Joohyun to get married, he’s not getting the “weird Joohyun” thing and for real as far as he can remember Seunggi is a good guy. He turned around only to find his commander walking by. He needed guidance regarding this and through his service their commander has been like their father, ready to listen and give advice. He quickly ran to catch up to the elder

“Sir!”

“Oh Yonghwa”

“Can I talk to you for a few minutes if you’re not busy”

“Sure, any problem?”

“Not really more of like I need clarifications”

“Sure let’s go to my office”

Once they were inside the confines of his superiors office

“You know my story about my bestfriend right?”

“Yes, and she is getting married if I’m not mistaken?”

“Yes sir”

“Okay so what about it”

“Her brothers came by this afternoon to sort of ask for my help to talk to their sister out of the wedding and I don’t know why they don’t want her to get married, as far as I know she is marrying a good guy what is there not to like?”

His superior pondered on the situation given thinking what if it’s his daughter.

“My gut tells me that they see and feel something unusual, you see Yonghwa a lot of times in our life, we think we know what we want but in the end we realize that it’s really not it. For some, they realize it sooner but for most it’s later. You are still young to be making decisions such as this in a spur of the moment, marriage is something that should not be taken lightly as this will mold your future. Her brothers might have seen some moments were she realizes that the steps she’s going to take is something life changing and if sh'es sure about ti and maybe they were afraid that she might regret this decision of hers in the end”

“But shouldn’t we just trust that she’s happy?”

“In a make believe world yes but don’t we all have these voices in our heads that gives us reasons to think things over first. Maybe there are times when your bestfriend shows that she is not even sure of this marriage herself”

“Cold feet?”

“Maybe, maybe no, we all want to be happy for the people we love, but you yourself I know maybe happy for her but you don’t want her to get married, for personal reason or for other reason, I don’t know it’s up to you but for her family, if even there’s a slight crack on her conviction about this marriage, they of course would not want her to go throug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter