Chapter 6

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                                                     Chapter 6

 

 

Days went by and Yonghwa was still treating her as any best friends would, though he became a bit edgy when it comes to the seniors especially when Heechul and Donghae are around but that didn’t stop him from her, well most of the time it was to ask for a favor, like the usual call Lizzy for me or lets all talk together or most of the time, help me with the assignment or can you also do my project, the most lighter part of their friendship now a days is when he just wants to talk to her simply because Lizzy is still not home or can’t use the phone and he’s just killing time. Most days, they would fall back to their usual conversation with Yonghwa singing for her over the phone but now most of the time also they’d hung up with her trying not to let him hear her crying.

 

Yes it was stupid of her but she can’t do anything about it, it’s her last recourse of having him around and yes again and no matter how many times she says it, YES, she is a fool.  The pain was simply unbearable and she can’t even explain why, they only have been friends for less than a year but her invested emotions in him was incredible, even she herself can’t fathom how did that happen.

“Joohyuna”

“Hmm”

“Lizzy ask me to enroll with her next school year so we can listed under one class”

“……..”

“Joohyuna??”

She breathe deeply and thought of the best answer a best friend would give

“Whatever it is that will make you happy Yonghwa, if that’s what you want then go ahead”

“But we won’t be able to hang out if I do that”

“We no longer hang out Yonghwa”

And it was a painful truth

“……I- I was thinking like inside the classroom we can’t sit beside each other anymore”

“I’m not your mom, I’m not your teacher, I’m not your sister Jessica and most of all I’m not your girlfriend so I don’t think there’ll be a problem with us not being together for next year” she said this without skipping a beat but her hands already on trembling as tears began cascading non stop

“But you’re my bestfriend and that counts, you are even my first girl bestfriend and you’re the first friend I have in our school”

“Yonghwa I am just a friend and I'm not the one to make demands nor I won’t make you choose go and enroll with her, you can always call me anytime and you know where to find me right?”

“Right, do you think Lizzy and I are okay?”

She removed the phone away from her and closed her eyes for a brief second.. 

“Yes you two are okay, you guys look good together”

“Thanks again Joohyun like I don’t know what I would do if- oh wait Lizzys calling I’ll call you back”

 

Then the phone went dead, and nowadays, he never calls back. She sat on the floor and leaned her back on her bed. She put her head on her knees and cried while clutching the phone to her chest. She was trying so hard not cry loudly but for the first time she let herself do that, she knows that her family still not home and Heechul is listening to one of his loud music. She let out a loud cry and let herself feel all the pain of falling inlove with her bestfriend. She prayed every night that the next day will be bearable but it never did, there was even an afternoon where she had to hang out with them.

 

“Joohyun! Go wait for Yonghwa then come over our house” Minhyuk told her. It’s his birthday and he’s inviting them over for an early dinner.

“Why does it have to be me?”

“Coz Jonghyun, Eunhyuk and Jungshin will accompany the girls to buy more food at the groceries, Leeteuk, Kangin and I will go home directly and Sungmin said he’ll go home first that leaves only you and you know where our house is”

“Can’t I just go with the girls and give him directions?”

“no what if he gets lost? What’s wrong with you?” Minhyuk looked at her with creased brow

“Nothing”

 

She texted Yonghwa that she’ll be waiting for him near the gates of school to go to Minhyuks house together. A few minutes later, she saw Yonghwa walking to her direction

“Joohyun come with me first, Lizzy hasn’t finished with practice and she wants to come with us. You know get to know the guys more”

She stood up with no facial expression, can her day get any more exciting. She’s too numb to even counter him so she followed him lagging a few steps behind with head bent low. When they reached the gymnasium, she sat above where Yonghwa and Lizzys friends were sitting

“Joohyun come here!” as he tapped the space next to him. She smiled and refused, she knows that space beside him is temporary and once the rightful owner claims it, she will have to stay behind again. She was waiting for him to instead seat beside her but sadly he didn’t

She tried answering their assignment instead when she heard girls squealed

“Seo Joohyun” she looked up and smiled brightly when she saw the recipient of the voice

“Siwon oppa!!” She stood up and drop her things and made her way down to hug the visitor

“Princess! Have you grown?!” as the latter held her in arms length inspecting how she changed

“Oppa you’ve only been gone for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter