EPILOGUE PART 1

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**WARNING: CHAPTER IS UNEDITED**

 

Epilogue:

 

They never had their honeymoon like out of the country vacation, instead two days after their wedding well “eloping” they decided to go to Busan but simply it’s because Yonghwa had to meet an investor that weekend who’s been adamant on investing as tourism boomed in the area.

It’s comforting yet unnerving when your family is so into your relationship. Their first evening as husband and wife was spent at Yonghwas where they just slept, in one bed. No funny business but plain sleeping accompanied by horrible snoring from the two since both were tired and they were too embarrassed to do their first time at each others’ house knowing all too well that the people inside just knew what they were about to do.  They were so paranoid that they kept on opening their door to check if someone is listening to them resulting for them to just open the door as they sleep.

Their first night in Busan was definitely a night to remember, Joohyun prepared herself really well, pampering herself for the whole day while Yonghwa attended his meeting, scrubbing and waxing whats needed to be scrubbed and waxed and even brought a y lingerie. She even bought numerous candles for that romantic feel. It’s her first time. And it’s with her bestfriend turned husband. She knew well enough that Yonghwa had girls here and there before her so she knew he knew what he’s supposed to do, her on the other hand was too shy to pry for details from her friends, she’s a full grown woman who has 0 experience on , she takes pride of giving herself fully to her husband but she somehow also wish she knew how she could please him so she watched almost all possible rated movies from those R-21 to heaven knows has no ratings whatsoever to be given because of too much explicit content.

After they finish their dinner both hurriedly went back to the B&B knowing what would happen next, Yonghwa could not take his hands off her as they walked up the stairs to their room. Propriety aside, they were kissing frantically, groping an touching until they reached their door, He even almost kicked the door open when they can’t find their card key since they were more concentrated on doing each other there than looking for it. All heat was building up as they lavishly took pleasure of each other lips, face, neck until

 

both their stomach ached. Literally ached. They spent the whole night exerting too much effort….

 

……… in the toilet

 

………throwing up

 

And… pooping

 

They eventually found out that the restaurant served them a batch of spoiled mussels which caused them a bad stomach.

 

They would always get a good laugh when they talk about that weekend, all preparations gone, the scented candles served as air freshener for the bathroom instead of serving it’s initially purpose and her lingerie sat inside its bag comfortably. But hey, all plans were cancelled the next day since they just decided to throw all romantic feels and jumped at each other the moment they knew they don’t have to go the bathroom. Let’s just say they SPENT their day, SPENTING each other in all possible ways and Joohyun had always thought nothing could’ve prepared her for that day.

 

You would think that after almost a year of married life things will change between two people, for most that is true but for Yonghwa and Joohyun that was not the case, it was as if they were still dating, you’d expect that they are still the honeymoon stage? Wrong, they would always go to and fro work together, grab lunch together when possible but still go home to the comfort of each others’ houses. 3 months along their married life, they were asked by both parents to get a house for themselves, by 6 month, both set of parents were already begging that they move out. It was chaos when they are together especially hard on both mothers, it was like taking care of 10 kids all together. Every morning they would knock on the door to wake the couple up prepare breakfast as the two flashed around the table to grab what they can grab and be out the door in no time. They are both young and career oriented. They are happily married and they are also happy that both understand their goals for now. The parents wanted them to just depend on each other. Get that real couple feeling where they make time for housework and other couple stuff, Joohyuns mom especially would like this to happen so that her daughter would learn how to be a good wife to her husband and crossing her fingers a good mom to her future kids.

Both parents were also worried on how the two will have kids. Oh yes they want grandkids already but by the looks of it and how the couple spends their day, they pray that atleast they’ll have kids in the next 5 years and hopefully not more than that. They were exactly a perfect representation of how their society is and they contribute to Korea’s reason of low birthrate.

“Slow down you two” Yonghwas mom said during one evening “It sometimes feel like you two are in a race and yet I don’t know what you’re racing for”

“Mom, you do know that it’s not easy to handle a business who has branches all over the country” Yonghwa answered

“Your dad is still the CEO let him take care of all those things” she countered while she earned a scowl from her husband

“And eomma, my assistant editor in chief is on leave since she is about to give birth” Joohyun added which made his moms face fall even more.

That was a mild reminder but Joohyuns mom would not have it especially when she learned that Yoona was expecting.

“Joohyunah! It’s easy to give birth when you’re still young! Your body can adjust easily!”

“EOmma!” she whined

“Don’t eomma me! I’m telling the truth! It would also be nice if you have a close with your kids, you will understand them more!”

“Is that why we’re having this argument?”

“Joohyun I can be 16 years older than you and we would still be having this discussion”

“This kid would come eventually just please don’t pressure us”

“You say “this kid” like it’s a dog! It’s your son or daughter!” her mom scolded her

“Ok my child” she exaggeratedly exclaimed “will come to us in time”

To be honest she’s on birth control and she’d rather die than admit it to her mother. She and Yonghwa agreed that it’s really not the time to have kids. They wanted to enjoy their married life first and achieve what they can in their career, they also understood that once they wanted a child, they would give full attention to their son or daughter and everything needs to be set aside but until then it’s each other first then their career.

 

It was a perfect plan.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Yonghwas face was full of concern as he took a double look at the sagging Joohyun beside him

“Yeah, I’ve had so much in my mind right now and having Nikki on maternity leave is really not helping. The head publisher is having a fit at the CEO about something that they won’t disclose so all magazine printing are on hold. I can’t even begin to imagine the loss if we won’t be able to publish one set for a month” she explained while massaging her head. Yongwa then took her hand and kissed the back of it and just held on to it as they drove to Yoonas baby shower.

As soon as they got there, they started eating and Joohyun was feeling much worse than what she felt earlier. Yonghwa could feel that his wife is restless beside him as they gather for dinner and just looked at her back when she excused herself to go the restroom. She felt dizzy and had the urge to puke but nothing really came out. She tried gagging but still to no avail. Due to stress she was having constant heartburn attack and there are instance when she feels like dying. She closed the lid of the toilet and sat there willing to let the dizzy spell pass. While she was sitting she then again remembered the impending deadline for them to publish that months edition, she counted the number of weeks of intervals for them to publish a new edition, usually should be 4 weeks but this edition is impending its 8th week, one more week and it will officially be a none magazine published month. A doomsday for any publishing company.  She was about to open the door to head back to the dining table when she stopped in her tracks.

“I missed my period again?” she whispered. She have had this scare for a few times now and was advice by her doctor that since she’s on birth control it’s normal that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter