Chapter 4

Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                                     Chapter 4

 

Since Joohyun confirmed what she has been dreading for for the last few months, she tried to distance herself from Yonghwa but to no avail, he always finds a way to stick to her, contact her or anything to just let his presence known to her, from notebook borrowing, to colognes to ballpens and even handkerchief. It was especially hard for her because she knows that Yonghwa does only sees her as his bestfriend, nothing more and nothing less.

 

“Jungshina, I like him” she cried for the first time to someone as her internal battle is shaking her off. It was one Saturday afternoon that she asked Jungshin to come by just to hang out. He was calming her down, he somehow know what she was talking about as the whole group and as what Hyoyeon said, also notice this, but the confirmation coming from her was a different story.

“Since when?” as he tried to wipe the tears off of his friend

“I don’t know it just happened, I was doing fine, really I am. I was so comfortable and I didn’t notice it at first as being around him is like my second nature but all of sudden something change, I don’t know exactly when and how and I don’t know what to do now” she let some more tears fall still thinking why

“I’m sorry Joohyuna stay strong maybe it will wear off some time, I don’t know what to say to this I’m just here okay?”

“Don’t tell the others okay, I just need you to know, I just want someone to talk to about this, I’m sorry if I burdened you with this”

“It’s okay I hope you'll feel better”

 

It was their field demo week and Joohyun and the rest are all participating. The 12 are playing for Volleyball, men and women’s division and the guys are also playing for their sections’ basketball team. They like this week since they also have booths installed in the school grounds. Cheeky as it sounds, they have the kissing booth and the wedding booth, they also have the Jail booth what’s more exciting is that they don’t have classes for the next 3 days.

Their class is scheduled to play basketball against the class beside them and so the teasing never halted. Everyone was in high spirits and was cheering for their own players. Joohyuns friends are known for their teamwork and good playing skill and so a lot are anticipating and looking forward to this game and besides, they probably has the best looking player all over the school that even higher year levels are there to watch. Even the transferee Jung Yonghwa already has his own fan club which Joohyun has to deal with every now then.

“Joohyun seat here” as Yonghwa dragged her to the very front of the bleachers. He took off his watch and gave his bag to her “I got an extra change of clothes there and my water and my towel. You’d be my personal assistant so don’t let anyone touch that okay?”

She smirked “Okay! As if someone would want these!”

“You’ll never know” as he replied in a sing song manner wriggling his eyebrows

“Ewww” she answered without any expression at all

“Tsk just do it okay? How about some sweet words from my bestfriend so we can win this game?” he crouched down and put his arms on her lap for support

“Fighting!”

“That’s lame!”

“You can do it!” with fist up in the air

“LAME!”

“What do you want me to say then? GO Jung Yonghwa you’re always the best and your number 1!!” she shouted

“Much better coming from my girl!” he tapped Joohyun on the cheek before he ran towards their team

She knew right then and there that her girlfriends who was seated two seats up were looking at her, she tried not to look at them since she feels the burning sensation on her face and it will show, hence, they will know. She acted as if it was nothing and just stared straight ahead looking at their classmates with their class adviser who was acting as coach.

During time outs, he would go to Joohyun to drink and would ask her to wipe his back from sweat. Looking at it from others point of view, no questions ask, young as they maybe they are together for real. Nobody knew, except for Jungshin the ordeal she has been dealing with every waking hour of the day and it’s not like she can just avoid Yonghwa all of a sudden, she had spent more time with him even than the girls all combined together for that particular school year. The guys know better of course that those two were just close friends, nothing more nothing less, and they won’t even bother to make it a big deal if the two were indeed together.

The game ended and they won, cheers from their class and the group of friends themselves were deafening.  The best friends of course had elapsed in their own little world.

Joohyun shoved his shirt to him “Here’s your shirt, go change” 

Yonghwa grab the shirt and went to the rest room and was back in no time. They went to the booth to buy food and celebrate inside their room. Yoona was doing her special cheer when Kangin tripped and everyone was hysterical.

“Joohyun?” all their head went to the door and found Dara standing

“Noona! We won!” Leetuek shouting with his shirt just wrapped around his body

Dara clapped “Congrats guys! Now put on a shirt Park Jungsoo!”

“Noona!!!”

“Arasseo I’m sorry” she nodded in understanding. Her brother doesn’t like to be called by his complete name and she doesn’t know why.

“Unnie!” Joohyun skipped her way to Dara

“Can you come with me?”

“Sure!” she answered without hesitation

“Joohyun, can I ask you something” the two walked along the corridors

“Fire away” she answered cheerfully

“Are you and Yonghwa together?”

“Huh? No. Why?”

They were now heading up to the fourth floor

“Just asking people are talking about you two and how you guys are so close with each other”

“We’re just best friend unnie like really good friends, we feel comfortable with each other but that’s it”

Dara stop in front of the ladies room at the far end corner

“Well I just wanted you to see this” She stepped inside the restroom followed by Joohyun and opened one door of a cubicle, inside was numerous name of Seo Joohyun followed by words that should never be spoken in front of any elders or else you’ll get slap until your mouth bleeds. Joohyuns eyes widened as she read the comments students had written on the door and on the wall. This is the first time it happened to her and she was shaking cold.

Dara cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter