Broken World, Lost Innocence

Cartier Bonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Broken World, Lost Innocence~

Summary:

We're all lost.

That is what Luhan firmly believes in this insufferable world.

Broken pieces aren't always fixable.

That is what Sehun begins to believe as innocence falls to pieces.

Society isn't perfect but humanity doesn't want to accept that, not even the future will change this aspect.

Genre: Cynical, PostApocalyptic!AU

 

 

            "Go for it."
            A gun positioned right in front of anyone's face is more than a good reason to shake in terror and scream bloody murder. But it's apparently not the case for this young man as he stares at death right before him, expecting a metal bullet to fire out and puncture his skull without mercy.
            "What are you waiting for? Didn't you hear me? I said go for it, shoot me through the head. End me here and now." He points to his head while making a gun shape with his index finger and thumb. "One shot is all it'll take. Well?"

            The man holding the pistol begins to waver with confused and weak resolve.
            "Ah should have known you're just another petty idiot to deal with," sighed the unfrightened man.
            "Who are you to call me an idiot!? You're the one who's clearly not on their right state of mind! Who would say 'go for it' when a gun is pointed at them!?" The man's grip on the pistol shakes noticeably as he tries to keep a steady aim, it's clear his mind can't comprehend his current situation.
            "Luhan! Stop messing around and finish this!" yelled out Tao, fed up with watching the detective play mind games on their targeted criminal.
            Luhan grunts in annoyance at the order, "I was being serious. Tch, fine let's go already." Luhan takes another step closer to the obviously disoriented criminal. "Don't make this any harder than it needs to be," Luhan takes out a pair of handcuffs, "This'll be quick regardless though."

            At the sight of the glinting silver shakles, the criminal loses his temporary dazed state as he raises up his pistol at Luhan again. "You're not taking me in! I refuse to go to confinement! People like you would never understand a life like this!" Without warning the criminal pulls the trigger.
            Luhan stands unfazed, unblinkingly, and most definitely unafraid. He simply knocks the gun from the criminal's hand and locks the handcuffs around the criminal's wrists with swiftness. He's calm as he speaks, almost cold and distant, "You had the safety lock on. I kept telling you to shoot me when you had the chance."
            "No, no, no, no!!!" The criminal began lashing out in outrage as he realized his time was up, "No! Not confinement! Anything but rotting my life away there!"
            Luhan sighs, "You should have thought of that before going against the system and breaking the law."

            Ignoring the thrashing criminal as he gets dragged away, Luhan turns to see Tao with a look that said the latter was ready to reprimand him and a perplexed looking rookie inspector who joined just that morning.
            "Luhan, are you out of your mind!? That behavior alone could land you in confinement with these crazy people!" 
            "It's fine, the job is done anyways."
            Tao is looking at Luhan like he wants to strangle the latter but restrains himself as he turns to the rookie. "Good luck working with this nut case. First day on the job and you're already exposed to all this, this just isn't your day Sehun."
            "I don't mind detective, I'd have to be exposed to all this eventually," replies Sehun.
            "Well next time I'm not joining you on the job to handle this guy so have fun trying to reign him in," grumbles Tao as he shoots an annoyed look at Luhan.
            Luhan shrugs, "I'm not changing what I'm doing. Let's head back to head quarters this case is closed."

XO

            It's been more than a hundred years already after humanity had collapsed due to war and corruption. The world has finally built itself back together but this time they were determined to do it better than ever. So they chose to set up a system that promoted health and peace to the highest degree by analyzing each individual born and giving them only a selected choice for their contribution to society depending on their supposed capabilities. The system eliminated those who broke any law no matter how small because if one should rebel what is to stop those to follow set example. However even within this seemingly perfect system there are always imperfections.
            "Detective Luhan we have another case to solve," Sehun held out the file to his superior who was seated at his desk with his head flat on the surface. It's been a year since they've met that fateful day and he has to say Luhan was a brilliant detective, within just a few weeks alone Luhan had solved more than a dozen cases and most of it he had done without Sehun’s help. But the older never acted cocky about it, in Sehun's opinion it was more like with each case that came to Luhan the more exasperated the older became and Sehun doesn't understand why.
            "What is it this time?" Luhan hasn't lifted his head from the desk nor has he taken the file from Sehun.
            "A big case, it's linked to a kidnapping and possible murder," answered Sehun professionally, he almost wonders if Luhan is even awake or at the very least sober. Luhan liked to drink, another habit that Sehun quickly picked up on, but he has yet to see the latter drunk.

            Luhan lifts his head up and takes the file from Sehun which quickly defuses the younger's thought of him being drunk. Luhan turns through the file in hand skimming through the contents before placing it aside to turn on his computer.
            "Do you already have a lead?" Sehun takes the file and looks it over again too he feels like he missed something.
            "No, I'm checking the system for the victim's background history," Luhan continues to click away on the computer.
            "Oh," Sehun sets the file down, "I think it might be a case of a serial killer at this point."
            Luhan pauses in his typing to peer at Sehun over the computer screen, "What makes you say that?"
            Sehun shrugs, "Gut feeling? There have already been about three other kidnapping cases similar to this, the victim disappearing without a trace other than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter