Wings a Flutter

Cartier Bonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Wings a Flutter~

Summary: Luhan breaks the ultimate rule in the Angel's code which is 'Don't fall in love with a human' and as punishment his wings are taken away. Now he puts the blame on Sehun, the human he fell for.

Genre: Angel!AU, Fluff

 

 

            "This is all your ing fault you !" seethes the angel as he grips the bewildered human's front shirt in his fists tightly, "Have you any idea how precious wings are to an angel?!"

            Sehun, the human, is between being slightly frightened and enthralled as he looks upon the beauty that had literally fallen out of the sky and straight into his lap in his very own backyard. He questions his sanity severely.

            "Do you have any idea what your stupid good looking face and stupid good boy acts with your great charm have done!?" the angel shakes Sehun angrily, "Do you?!"

            Sehun is still in too much shock to really open his mouth to reply to anything. He wonders if he's still dreaming but he's pretty sure the far too entrancing sight before him is purely too good for his own imagination to conjure.

            "Ughhhh," the angel shakes Sehun again, "Answer me, damn it!"

            Sehun gulps nervously as he sees the fiery look the creature gives him, "Ah, I'm sorry?"

            The angel releases a shriek of frustration as red splatters across his cheeks in an obvious blush, "Why are you so-" the angel blushes even harder as he sees Sehun's confused expression, "-cute…"

            Sehun's even more shocked than before, "What?"

            "Just bring me inside your stupid house already! I don't want to explain while we're out here like this!" shouts the flustered angel again.

            "Um, okay?" Sehun is really lost, he has no idea what's happening anymore but as the angel gets off of him and pulls him up while shuffling the both of them to the back door. Sehun just goes along with it.

            "My name's Luhan," mutters the angel before they're both inside the house.

            Sehun nods as he stores the bit of information, "I'm Sehun."

            "I know," groans Luhan before he sees Sehun's sofa, he doesn't really look around the place, he'll probably have time for that later after he explains to the human. He pushes the other to take a seat while he stands before the other.

            Sehun seems to be taking the entire situation well but then again Sehun had impeccable patience from what Luhan could observe from his view in the clouds.

            Luhan takes a deep breath as he begins to tell his story to the human before him, "Okay don't freak out, be weird, act stupid or dumb and let me finish whatever the hell I need to say."

            Sehun nods, "Okay…"

            Huh, this is going easier than Luhan first anticipated, "Okay, well first off I am an-"

            "Angel," finishes Sehun.

            "Yes- wait what the ? How did you-"

            "When you landed on me and were shaking me about you were yelling about angels and wings…"

            "Oh right," Luhan scratches his head sheepishly, "Hahaha yeaaah, anyways great now putting that crap aside."

            "You also fell from the Heavens because you lost your wings," added Sehun.

            "How much did I scream at you?" questions Luhan blankly as he tries to recall everything at spilled from his obscene mouth.

            "…Quite a bit…" replies Sehun.

            "Did I yell at you about the reason why I fell from the clouds?" wonders Luhan aloud.

            Sehun shakes his head, "I don't think so?"

            "Great," Luhan grins before he opens his mouth again and Sehun is left somewhat speechless at such a gleaming smile, well that is until Luhan opened his mouth to curse and scream again, "Because you are the very ing reason that my ty wings are gone! This is all your fault! I demand that you take damn responsibility for this !"

            "Sure, I don't know why it's my fault you lost your wings but I'll help you however you need it," says Sehun calmly.

            "And another ing thing! You better not dare say no to me because- Wait what?" Luhan stares at Sehun in surprise, "You'll take responsibility?"

            Sehun nods and smiles kindly at Luhan, "If it's my fault then I should put effort into fixing the situation right?"

            There's a dark red blush fighting it's way to Luhan's face again as he stares a bit dazedly at Sehun's adorable smile. This is part of the reason why Luhan had fallen in the first place Sehun was far too kind and his smiles were far too sweet.

            Luhan manages to huff out a flustered "Great! Then we just need to come up with a good plan to get me back up to Heaven!"

            "Sure, but one question?" inquires Sehun as he looks at Luhan curiously.

            Luhan crinkles his eyes in confusion, "What?"

            "If you're an angel why do you curse so much?"

            "…I never said I was a good angel that followed all the rules."

            "I can clearly see that."

-           -           -           -           -           -           -           -           -           -           -           -

            It takes them both a little while to settle themselves but they make it work out. Sehun let's Luhan take over his guest room for the time being since Luhan wasn't going to be leaving anytime soon and Sehun doesn't mind either.

            "This is a pretty nice place you have, so this room is all mine?" Luhan bounces on the bed happily as Sehun takes a seat at the small desk.

            "Yeah, stay here as long as you want," replied Sehun honestly.

            Luhan blinks at Sehun for a few moments, a look of curiosity crosses his features, "I always wanted to meet you face to face, I never imagined this was how we would have our first meeting."

            "Hm? What do you mean?"

            "Ah, right I still have more explaining to do. Where should I start?" Luhan tapped his bottom lip contemplatively as he tried to make his decision.

            Sehun waited patiently and just as he was about to voice out his thoughts on the matter Luhan suddenly jumped up from the bed.

            "Alright, I got this , I'll just give you a quick run over of how things work. I'll start from what type of jobs angels do, as an angel we're required to help those who are in need of it but also deserve it. If you do good, you get good in return," explained Luhan, "After we check if a human is deserving of the help we grant them what they need to bring them on the right path. However, there are also laws that we have to follow like after we help a human with our powers we're required to go back to Heaven immediately, we can't use our powers for wrong doing obviously and also we can't fall for any humans. When we break any of these rules our wings are taken and we're banished to fall to Earth."

            Sehun nodded in understanding, "So I assume that the law you broke was-"

            "I saw you one time from the clouds," cut off Luhan suddenly looking more serious than ever, "I stopped by that day to find the person on my list so I could check them since they were supposed to pass by but instead of seeing the person I was waiting for I happened to see you. It was raining that day and some jerk had left a box of puppies in the rain. As an angel I don't like to see suffering and those pups were surely going to get sick or worse if left there so I was going to come down to take them to a shelter but before I could you showed up."

            Sehun tilted his head as he tried to remember, "You mean the ones I found in a box about three months ago that was left in front of the alleyway?"

            Luhan nodded, "Yeah, I thought you were going to keep walking and ignore them since it was raining pretty hard but to my surprise you actually stopped and helped them out."

            "But isn't that something anyone would do?" questioned Sehun.

            "Most humans nowadays are more concerned about themselves than anything else," sighed Luhan before smiling at Sehun cutely, "So you peaked my interest when you stopped to help those puppies."

            Sehun blinked, he had to admit Luhan was too cute but he knew the latter really had a mouth on him. "Peaked your interest how?"

            "I became curious so I checked you," Luhan looked away as he answered whether from embarrassment or shyness at the admittance Sehun couldn't really tell but he was curious.

            "So what happened after you checked?"

            "Your levels were the highest that I had ever seen but I also saw that you were not in need of anything, it's very rare to find anyone like you. From that day on I kept coming back to that spot to see you, sorry if that sounds creepy, but I wanted to know how you were able to keep up such high levels but along the way-" Luhan stopped suddenly and a light pink dusted across his cheeks as he mumbled.

            "What? I couldn't hear you?"

            Luhan muttered something unintelligible again.

            "I can't understand what you're trying to say if you mumble it."

            Without answering Luhan stood up from the bed and cornered Sehun where he sat by placing both hands on either side of the desk behind the younger. Sehun sat still, eyes wide in surprise as Luhan came in such close proximity to him.

            "I said-" Luhan blushed again, "Along the way, my stupid somehow ended up falling for you."

            "Huh?" Sehun heard it loud and clear but the words happened to slip out.

            The blush on Luhan's cheeks intensified as he glared at Sehun, "I like you! A ing lot! Too ing much to be exact! I want to kiss you and hold you and I want you to do the same to me! Do I need to give you an example!? I know you're not stupid! Should I write it out in black and white?! I like you Sehun! I. Fell. For. You. I. Like. You. This is a ing confession damn it!"

            This time it was Sehun's turn to blush a dark red as he heard the confession from Luhan a second time, "I-I heard you the first time-"

            "THEN WHY THE FLYING DO YOU LOOK CONFUSED AND SAID 'HUH!?'" screeched the angel out of embarrassment.

            "It slipped!" retorted a completely flustered Sehun. He never imagined he'd get a confession like this and especially not from an angel who just fell out of the sky.

            Luhan let out a few garbled sounding syllables, "Ugh, okay, anyways! That's the whole story! So that's why I need your help to get me back to Heaven!"

            "Okay! I already agreed to helping you anyways! I'm sorry you had to lose your wings because of your feelings for me," replied Sehun sincerely.

            "I'm just glad you're taking this all pretty well and not calling me crazy and calling the police for telling you I'm an angel," muttered Luhan.

            "Well you did literally fall out of the sky right on to me so what else am I to believe?" deadpanned Sehun.

-           -           -           -           -           -           -           -           -           -           -           -

            After brainstorming ideas back and forth both Sehun and Luhan finally agree on a plan. They're not sure how it's going to work out but they're going to give it a try anyways so the best idea they could come up with was Luhan helping out with Sehun's charity and volunteer work because what other better way to redeem one's self as an angel than by helping others through the pureness on one's heart. Although it's still easier said than done.

 

            The first volunteer work that Sehun always goes to every weekend starts at a preschool where he drags Luhan with him. Whether that was a good idea or not, well he'll let Luhan decide on that at the end of the day.

            "Sehun… This kid smells horrible," Luhan wrinkles his noise in disgust as a terrible odor emits from the small child he is carrying at arm's length.

            Sehun lifts an eyebrow in question at the statement as he comes closer to find out what's wrong but when his nose picks up on the smell he quickly realizes the problem. "Um, Luhan he needs a diaper change…"

            Luhan's eyes go wide in shock as his focus jumps between Sehun and the little boy still being carried awkwardly by him at arms length. "What?! You mean he took a shi-"

            "Luhan! Children!" shouted out Sehun frantically before the other could let out the curse word in front of all the innocent kids running about.

            "Shiiiiiii- shiitake mushrooms," blurted Luhan in an effort to not release the full curse word.

            Sehun gave Luhan a funny look as he took the little boy from Luhan, "Odd choice of words but yeah basically he took a shiitake mushroom in his diaper."

            Luhan returned Sehun's look with an unamused one of his own.

            "What? I was only saying what you said," replied Sehun with a small laugh.

            "Not funny," pouted Luhan but he really couldn't stay annoyed with Sehun anyways especially when the latter laughed like that.

            "Okay, maybe helping at a preschool just isn't your thing there's still other things to do too," said Sehun optimistically as he lightly nudges Luhan's shoulder with his own.

            "I sure hope so," mutters Luhan as he hears a few kids near the drawing boards starting to scream out something that sounded similar to shiitake mushrooms.

 

            The second volunteer work Sehun helps out at after the preschool is none other than a retirement home. Oh the irony of it all.

            Luhan felt as if there was a black cloud surrounding him as he turned towards the other, "Sehun…"

            "What is it?" replies Sehun pleasantly.

            "If I wasn't good with children, what makes you think that I'd be good with old people?!" Luhan slams the book he was reading to an old man on the table in frustration.

            The old man fiddled with his ear piece a bit, "What's that deary?! You need to speak up! You're such a pretty girl no need to be shy here we're all too old anyways! You remind me of my precious granddaughter!"

            Luhan bit his tongue before he began cursing out a storm again in front of all these elderly people because he's pretty sure despite some of them having hearing aids at least a handful of these elderly folks can still hear decently. Instead he tried to fix the problem at the source and practice patience, "Gramps! I'm a boy! A boy! Not a girl!"

            "Girl?" the old man pats Luhan on the head with a smile, "I know! A very pretty one indeed! I bet you get all the boys but if you want my advice you should aim for Sehun, the regular volunteer here, he's such a kind boy I'm sure he'll always treat you right."

            Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter