Expensive Truths Come From Cheap Lies

Cartier Bonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Expensive Truths Come From Cheap Lies~

Summary: Maybe Luhan did fall into his own cheap lie but Sehun saw the truth from it nonetheless and that's all that mattered anyways.

Genre: Romance, Student/TA!AU [Last continuation of CH2 drabble 'Cheapest Lie' / also continuation of CH10 drabble 'Every Lie Holds a Truth No Matter How Cheap']

 

 

            Luhan isn't sure when or how it happened but it happened regardless of what he tries to deny. He unknowingly fell for his own student, ah the irony of the whole situation was really… ironic for a lack of a better word. Somewhere along the way of the trip and reliving his past memories with his friends with Sehun in tow he found himself lingering his gazes a little too long on the younger and being far too interested in whatever the younger was doing. He's probably, as Sehun likes to put it, insane.

            "Hey," Sehun snaps his fingers in front of Luhan's face to wake the other up out of his daze, "You okay?"

            Luhan blinks and shakes his head to rid himself of those nagging thoughts, he's glad he's good at acting, "Yeah, I'm fine. What?"

            "I think that's your friend right?" Sehun points to a couple that just entered the burger restaurant and are waving in their direction.

            "Oh, yeah they are, Kyungsoo, Kai," Luhan raises his hand to return the greeting.

            "Is this the last couple you wanted me to meet?" questions Sehun before Kyungsoo and Kai manage to get to the table.   

            Luhan hums, "Yeah, this is my last shot at disproving your cheapest lie. How's your opinion on the matter so far?"

            "Hn, we'll see after this won't we?" replies Sehun with an amused smile as Kyungsoo and Kai finally take their seats.

            Luhan doesn't have time to reply but he doesn't miss the way that Sehun bumps their knees together and keeps his leg pressed against his own for the rest of the dinner while Kyungsoo and Kai tell them of their experiences with the truth behind the cheapest lie.

 

            They make it back to their rented hotel room a little late in the night but they had fun with Kai and Kyungsoo, the pair also liked Sehun too and even hoped to see the younger again sometime. It's spring break and they have the time in the world for this experimental trip of their's so there was no rush anywhere.

            Luhan would have thought Sehun would be tired after having hung out with Kai and Kyungsoo for so long since after their burger dinner they went to the arcade to play but the younger seemed wide awake as Sehun walked out to their little balcony to check out the view because he's never been to this section of Seoul before.

            Luhan followed after, he was still curious of whether this trip was actually worth anything or it was just another failure on his part, maybe the cheapest lie couldn't be disproved for Sehun, maybe the younger was too stubborn anyways but Luhan managed to rediscover the truth for himself during this trip so maybe there was a sliver of a chance Sehun did too.

            "You're going to catch a cold being out here like this," notes Luhan as he walks out on to the balcony to see Sehun leaning on the railing.

            "Meh, the air feels good, I doubt it," replies Sehun nonchalantly, he doesn't take his eyes off the lights of the city below him.

            Luhan laughs quietly and joins Sehun, leaning on the rail beside the younger too. There's silence only for a few moments before Luhan's patience takes a dive, he keeps his eyes straightforward though on the lights as well, "So? What do you think of the cheapest lie now? Was this trip a complete waste of time?"

            Luhan misses the small smile that makes it to the younger's lips, "The trip wasn't a waste of time, it was fun and I made new friends along the way."

            An amused sco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter