Soccer Ace

Cartier Bonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Soccer Ace~

Summary: Luhan's the soccer team's ace and Sehun is the goal.

Genre: Fluff, Soccer!AU

 

 

            "Luhan shut your mouth, your drool is going to leak on your shirt and that'll be the most unattractive thing ever especially when Sehun sees it," Baekhyun pokes Luhan's cheek and claps his hands in front of his friend's love struck face, blocking the other's view of his affections.

            Luhan shoves Baekhyun out of the way and swipes a hand at his mouth to wipe away any drool that could have accumulated there while his close friend squawks indignantly at the shove. There's no way he's going to miss seeing Sehun, he only gets a few precious moments before the younger goes back inside the locker rooms to change. It's a great coincidence that their coach holds soccer practice the same time that the second years have their gym class, or more specifically Sehun has gym class. Luhan almost wants to swoon at the sight of Sehun bending over to pick up the last of the badminton equipment that the class was using previously to put away giving Luhan a nice view of Sehun's assets but that nice view get interrupted when Baekhyun throws his team's red colored practice jersey at Luhan's head.

            Safe enough to say, Luhan panicked and began flailing every which way in order to rip the jersey off his face so he could continue enjoying the view, "Byun Baekhyun! I will castrate you where you stand!"

            Baekhyun snorts and waves his fingers at the still struggling Luhan in jest, "Go for it pretty boy~ I'd love to see you try~ Just make sure you have the hospital on speed dial 'kay?"

            By this time Luhan finally ripped the jersey blocking his sight away only to gaze in disappointment as he realizes that Sehun is long gone. He glares darkly at Baekhyun.

            Baekhyun blows a kiss playfully to infuriate his best friend further, "That look doesn't work on me, you're about as frightening as a puppy that got it's squeak toy taken away. Besides why don't you make a move on Sehun already? It's been like a full year since you've been pining after him and I'm just getting second hand embarrassment from watching you drool every time he's so much as within a mile radius of you."

            "Shut up!" sputters Luhan, face flushing a light red instantly at Baekhyun's words, "Besides I don't even know if he's interested, I don't want to look like an idiot in front of him and ruin any chance I might have…"

            "Aren't you already looking like an idiot though? I'm pretty sure Sehun's caught you staring at him at least more than once, if not then that boy must be blind or oblivious as hell," notes Baekhyun with a shrug.

            Luhan's expression shows one of horror as he squeaks out a loud, "What!?"

            "You're not exactly subtle Luhan," Baekhyun waves off Luhan's horrified look and smirks, "Let's get you your goal soccer ace, it shouldn't be difficult~ Sehun doesn't seem to mind the staring you do."

            Luhan almost chokes on his spit at Baekhyun's words again, "What?!"

            "Is that all you can say?" pouts Baekhyun, he's sure his friend has a higher vocabulary than that.

            In answer Luhan flings the red jersey in his hands at Baekhyun who catches it before it hits him in the face.

            "Aw come on Luhan I'll even help you, you can't keep pining after Sehun like this. It's like putting a goal in front of a soccer player and telling them not to shoot the ball into it," insists Baekhyun knowing the soccer analogy would make more sense to Luhan.

            The corner's of Luhan's lips turn downwards as he contemplates a bit. It has been about a year maybe it really is time for Luhan to make his intentions with Sehun known, the worst that could happen would be a rejection but they could still be friends... Right?

            "You know if you don't make the goal someone else might," warns Baekhyun as he sees Luhan's constipated thinking face.

            Determination suddenly fills Luhan's being, no one's getting Sehun's attention and affections but him, "I'll do it."

            Baekhyun raises an eyebrow in mock disbelief.

 

            Luhan lied, he can't do it.

            He hides behind Baekhyun on the soccer field once again, "I'll talk to Sehun another day, he looks busy."

            "He's just picking up the last of the equipment his class was using, what do you mean he looks busy, he looks bored out of his mind. Go get his attention and start up a conversation, all I've ever seen you do is wave meekly at him in the halls, go aim for your goal," Baekhyun side steps so Luhan's cowering form is shown and he shouts out, "Hey Sehun!"

            The younger looks up at hearing his name getting called and turns towards the soccer fields where he sees a cowering shocked faced Luhan and an enthusiastically waving Baekhyun. Before Sehun even gets the chance to lift his hand to wave back to the two upper classmen, Luhan by reflex or something that took possession of his leg suddenly (like his nerves) brings his leg back and kicks the soccer ball before him. There was so much force behind the kick that it flew over the goal and headed straight for Sehun. Luhan and Baekhyun gasped in horror but thankfully Sehun ducked just in time so that the ball sailed over his head instead of hitting him in the nose. Sehun stands back up, looks at the soccer ball now rolling across the courts and turns to the soccer fields with an alarmed expression.

            Seeing no harm come to Sehun, Luhan sprints in the other direction far away from his crush and best friend. Sehun had brought his hand back up but froze with his hand mid-wave as he gazes after Luhan's running form, he looks at Baekhyun confused and waiting for an explanation.

            Baekhyun laughs nervously and scratch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter