Every Lie Holds a Truth No Matter How Cheap

Cartier Bonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Every Lie Holds a Truth No Matter How Cheap~

Summary: Disproving the cheapest lie Sehun's ever heard can't possibly be this difficult but Luhan still has a hard time with it.

Genre: Romance, Student/TA!AU [Continuation of CH2 drabble 'Cheapest Lie']

Continuation(s): CH16 Expensive Truths Come From Cheap Lies

 

 

            It's been a month, a full entire month and Sehun sees no progress at all whatsoever in Luhan's attempt to disprove his views on love. They're currently sitting across from each other in a bubble tea shop at the university while casually sipping the sweet drink before them.

            "We've gotten no where," mumbles Luhan as he glances at the younger before him.

            Sehun looks back blankly, "Yeah, no kidding."

            Luhan's frown deepens, "I have no idea how I'm going to do this, I've ran through every idea I could possibly have and still no results whatsoever."

            "Yeah, no kidding," repeats Sehun as he continues sipping nonchalantly on his bubble tea.

            Luhan groans, Sehun's gotten cheekier after having gotten to know him better too. He almost misses when the brat used to be quiet and followed along to what he said without much question.

            Luhan sits there with a disgruntled look as he stares at Sehun down the sugary tapioca balls, then suddenly Luhan's entire demeanor changes catching Sehun's attention as the younger raises an eyebrow at the older.

            Luhan sits up straighter and looks at Sehun as if there was some sort of revelation he was experiencing. It was weirding Sehun out.

            "I love you."

            Sehun chokes on his drink mid sip and starts gagging. Thank goodness they were sitting in the far back where no one could see them.

            Luhan looks slightly disgusted but hands Sehun a napkin and pats the younger on the back awkwardly to clear the bubble tea from the younger's nostrils and lungs.

            Sehun sputters for a few more moments before he gasps and looks sharply at Luhan, "That did nothing but nearly have bubble tea shoot out of my nose and choke me! Plus you just proved to me that those words are nothing but a cheap lie that anyone throws around as usual!"

            Luhan folds his hands and rests his chin on them, grinning at the flustered younger mischievously, "I've figured it out, I know for a fact this will disprove your views on hating those three words."

            Sehun's eye twitches in annoyance, "By telling me a lie and nearly killing me with my favorite drink?!"

            Luhan laughs, "Nooo, of course not~"

            An exasperated huff slips Sehun's lips, he's a bit curious now, "Then what?"

            "You'll have to experience love for yourself," says Luhan matter of factly.

            "…You're insane," grumbles Sehun as he shakes his head at the idea. He's sure his TA has probably lost his mind due to frustration.

            "Most likely but that's beside the point. If you think about it there's no other real way to actually disprove it right? You've said it yourself, you've never fallen in love and all you've seen are depictions of a love that's fallen apart, you've also told me that dramas are all fake and are made to give the impression that a happily ever after always exists one way or another but from your own experience you know that it's not true. Love is a two way street, it either happens or it doesn't," Luhan grins a little too happily for Sehun's taste and the younger rolls his eyes.

            "Okay… So how is this going to work? Because won't this be breaking your initial rule of me not falling for you?"

            Luhan scratches his head, "Yeah… So let's talk about a few things then."

            "Like?"

            "What's your type?"

           

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter