Cheapest Lie

Cartier Bonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Cheapest Lie~

Summary: Chanyeol asks Sehun what he thinks is the worst lie a person can tell another for his psychology homework and Luhan just happens to overhear his answer.

Genre: Romance, Student/TA!AU

Continuation(s): CH10 Every Lie Holds a Truth No Matter How Cheap, CH16 Expensive Truths Come From Cheap Lies

 

 

            Chanyeol purses his lips as he stares at his psychology homework while walking through the hall. He knows he should have done this last night but he had better matters to attend to like videogames, food, and especially Baekhyun. He scratches his head, how in the world is he going to complete this on time, he needs to ask someone else these questions and record their answer. He's done the first two interview in class but now he needs a third one, he was going to ask Baekhyun last night but things got a little busy… Chanyeol sighs as he looks up from his paper and his eyes instantly flick upwards towards Sehun who's sitting down on the floor along the hallway waiting for his classroom to open up.

            Perfect.

            "Sehun!" calls out Chanyeol as he rushes towards the younger.

            Sehun looks up from his phone and sees his friend running straight for him, he has half a mind to get up and run away but he decides he's far too lazy for it so he waits for Chanyeol to stop before him. The taller towers over him as he stays seated on the floor.

            "What's up?"

            "I need a-"

            "No."

            Chanyeol makes a face while Sehun looks back at his phone.

            "It'll be quick."

            "My classroom is about to open."

            "It'll take like three seconds."

            Sehun sighs, he knows the easiest way to get Chanyeol off him is to just do as the other wants so he relents, "What?"

            "I got psych homework, we're supposed to analyze a person based on their answer to this question so answer this," Chanyeol unfolds his homework again and reads off the question, "What is the worst lie a person can tell another person?"

            Sehun doesn’t answer the question instead he asks one, "Will my name be mentioned on this assignment of yours?"

            Chanyeol shakes his head, "No, why would that matter?"

            "So I can decide if I want to answer truthfully or not. Give me the paper I'm not saying it out loud but I'll write it down for you," Sehun reaches up and grabs the paper out of Chanyeol's hand, unaware of the ears beside him listening in on their conversation. Sehun takes out a pen from his pocket and scribbles something quickly in his messy scrawl before handing it back to Chanyeol.

            With a confused look Chanyeol takes the paper and reads over Sehun's answer, "The worst lie someone can tell another is 'I love you'? Really? That's your answer? That's kind of weird I wouldn’t think people would choose this."

            Sehun gives an indifferent shrug as he replies nonchalantly, "Shut up, those three words are so cheap. It's easily said and thrown about as if they're nothing more than trash. I hate hearing those three words the most because most of the time it's only lies spewing out of someone's mouth because they have nothing more to say to the other person. Easily said and easily disregarded. I find it hard to find anyone genuine when they say it."

            Chanyeol raises an eyebrow at Sehun's answer but lets it go with a shrug, he's going to be late if he doesn't hurry so he'll have to postpone his discussion with Sehun over this matter to a little later, "Alright, if you say so. Thanks for your help, I'll get going to class now!"

            Sehun waves Chanyeol off just as his classroom door opens and a flood of students in the previous class comes out, filling the halls as they leave. Once the way was clear Sehun makes his way into the classroom followed by his teacher's assistant, the TA is usually a graduate student who teaches the course. Sehun takes his normal seat in the corner and takes out his phone again to play a game while his teacher's assistant seats himself at the front of the classroom taking out the class' assignment to pass out later.

            I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter