Let's Play the Night Away

Cartier Bonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Let's Play the Night Away~

Summary: There's an abandoned carnival on the other side of town and Luhan sends Sehun a personal invitation to it.

Genre: Fluff

Continuation(s): CH22 Carnival Nights

 

 

            There's a legend about the abandoned carnival on the other side of town. Apparently there's a spirit that lives there that brings the carnival to life every night to bring laughter and joy to whoever decides to visit it. But the thing is the spirit is very picky on who it invites, it's said the only way to get the invitation to the night carnival is for him to appear in your dreams and personally invite you there himself.

            "Won't you come play with me at the carnival?"

            Sehun hears a voice in the distance of his mind, he stands in the darkness in confusion. Maybe it was in his imagination.

            "Your name is Sehun right? Play with me? Come visit the carnival when the sun goes down, I won't disappoint you. Please?"

            The voice isn't scary or ominous but more of a soft shy type of sound, it makes one curious about who the voice belongs to even Sehun wants to see the owner's face. There's a sudden glow in the distance and Sehun gets the feeling he should walk towards it.

            "I'll be waiting for you, please come soon. We'll have lots fun, I promise."

            The glow in the distance lights up even brighter and Sehun starts to hear the loud music of different carnival attractions. He takes a step forwards but stops when a small ball of light drops in front of him, curious he reaches out to touch it but before his finger could graze it's surface, the light expands into a glowing being.

            It's a boy. But Sehun's can't really see the other's face well due to the glow. "You know the way right? It's on the other side of the town. Will you come to play?" The voice was definitely the same one Sehun had been hearing earlier.

            It's clear the boy is waiting for an answer and without really thinking things through Sehun nods in agreement.

            The boy's grin widens and he cheers happily, "Yay! I can't wait! Please come as soon as the night starts! I'll wait for you! Just call my name when you enter the carnival and I'll appear before you. I'm Luhan."

            Sehun blinks and opens his mouth to ask something but before he could voice it, Luhan waves at him cheerily as the lights begin to dim.

 

            Sehun's eye snaps open and the first thing that greets his sight is his alarm clock that reads 9:00am. Sehun groans, "Weird dream…" he rolls over and pulls the blanket up over his head in hopes of falling back asleep again. "The carnival on the outside of town has been abandoned for years why did that even pop up? Why do I feel like I still need to go there no matter what though…" Sehun begins slipping back to sleep with the boy's voice he dreamed of running through his mind, he'll deal with it later when his mind is less foggy.

            Sehun wakes up again much later in the afternoon around two when he gets a call from his work place across town, they need him to cover a shift. Sehun complains and groans since the boss of the bookstore he works at is his cousin but gives into Suho's request anyways, it wasn't like he had much to do today other than sleep.

            When he gets there Suho all but throws him the uniform vest and shoves a box filled with heavy books into his hands. Sehun grunts at the weight and shoots his cousin a look.

            "Sorry t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter