Chapter 8: Protection from Jerks

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 8: Protection from Jerks

 


 

*Jimin's POV*

Blah Blah Blah is all I hear as Mr. Chung drawls on. God I hated this man's class, I pout and facepalm. Behind me, girls are whispering and glancing at me. Is someone finally noticing my good looks? It's a little late for that, seeing as I'm taken and all. Then, I hear Ahn Soo Jin's name. That definitely strikes my interest. I lean back sneakily and listen to what they're saying in peaked curiosity.

"Yes, Kunnim! That's the guy that was all over Soo Jin in the hallway," they whisper furiously. I blush knowingly.

"Yah! I heard they made out before class!"

"No way!" Breaking out into serious coughs, I choke on my spit as my face changes from my normal skin tone, to red, to a slight grey. Mr. Chung stops his lesson to look at me worriedly. I muffle my coughs and give him a thumbs up. He sighs and continues his lesson. The girls look at me in disgust from my obnoxious coughing. They started whispering again, this time about how 'gross' I was. I'll show them gross. I turn around and cough all over their notes and desk. They get up and move to the back of the class, ewwing and gagging on the way. I smile in satisfaction and cease my coughing.

"Mrs. Shin, Mrs. Dikka! You are disrupting my class with your movement! You can expect to see me after school today!" Biting my lip, I keep myself from laughing at their rage and embarrassment. The two girls growl at me and sit back down. They scoot their desks away from me by a foot. Feeling victorious, I scratch my armpit and yawn. 

They scoot a couple feet farther.


 



*Taehyung's POV*

Lunch time. I get to see Jimin and the rest of the boys! I run over to their table and sit down with a plop. RapMon chuckles at me and shakes my hand in a gangster way. After the exchange I look at my hand in wonder. 

"HYUNG! Hi," Jungkook says goofily.

"Hiiiiii," I reply while dragging out the I. We smile sillily at each other when J-Hope clears his throat.

"Where's Jimin," he asks, looking at me expectantly. Jungkook shrugs and I stare, too.

"Good question. Where IS he?" 

Speaking of the married man, he comes in, grin ever present on his face. J-Hope comes up to him and gives him a hug-pat.

"Yah. Where have you been? We wanted to know how it went with Soo Jin." Jimin's eyes widened.

"How do you know I was with her?"

"Well you're smiling like a madman-" Suga rolled his eyes at J-Hope's blunt statement "-and there have been rumors of you and her getting down and dirty on the ground." Suga tsks and shakes his finger in Jimin's blushing face. 

"What did I tell you about getting too close to girls?"

"YAH!!!" Jin shook his head at our childishness.

"You're only a year older than us. Don't act like this isn't interesting," Jungkook frowned and shook his hyung.

"Where is your respect?! I'm still your elder by two years!" I became genuinely worried when Jin brought up a fist; I interrupted loudly.

"Don't argue! I'll cry right here, right now! Don't test me!" The boys looked at me in shock and their faces twisted into hard laughs. I stared, a blank look on my face.

"I-is that how you defend yourself?!" RapMon yelled between each breath.

Suga turned to J-Hope, who was pretending to bully him, and whimpered, "Not here, please. I'll cry! I will!" Jungkook and Jin were hugging each other's shoulders, as if trying to regain balance. Jimin looked at me and patted my back.

"Hah. That's our V!" I rubbed my temples and tilted my head sideways in silent contempt. RapMon was the first to stop and then motioned everyone else to be quiet.

"No more V business, guys. He's really funny, but we gotta focus on Jimin and Soo Jin. I heard they were getting married after graduation."

Jungkook gasped and pointed at Jimin, "I thought you guys were just meeting?! Why are we hearing this now?!" Jimin double facepalmed at the maknae's comment. 

"Let me explain exactly what happened," and so Jimin retold the story in precise detail…


 



*Time Skip: Still Taehyung's POV*

Jungkook nodded in understanding.

"Now I get it. So you and Soo Jin-Noona are friends now?" Jimin sighed in pleasure and rubbed his hair and face in excitement. I smiled at him. I know we just met, but I enjoyed seeing Jimin so euphoric.

"God knows he deserves it," I say aloud, unaware to the stares I'm receiving.

"V. Stop talking to yourself. We just might believe you're crazy," Jin winked. Oops. I nodded in understanding. These guys barely met me and they already accept my every flaw. Amazing. This school is a blessing.

"Hey, V-Hyung?" I look at Jungkook in acknowledgment.

"Do you have a phone?" I whip it out in confusion and let him grab it from me. He types something in it before handing it back.

"My number." I look at him in question.

"You can call me anytime now, hyung!" Finally understanding, I rub my neck and before I could even let words escape my mouth, Jin interrupts.

"You can have my number, too. You're different. That's good." My heart speed increases and I shake from happiness. For the first time, someone called me different and it made me feel good. The rest of the guys followed Jin and Jungkook's lead. I had everyone's number when Jimin suddenly called me on my phone.

"Umm, hello. Jimin?"
"Hi, V!!" I glanced over at him to see his goofy grin.
"Why did you call me? I'm right next you?"
He turns to me and says to me sincerely, 
"I wanted to be the first to call," he finished as he hung up the call. I grinned and hugged him, regardless of who was looking. He hugged back, laughing and patting my back. The members rolled their eyes and made comments of, 'gay' and 'lovers in bloom'. Out of nowhere, my stomach growled. We all had a good laugh at my pout and rumbling stomach before we went to fetch some food.


 



*Jonghyun's POV*

BING. BING. BING. The moment I waited for finally came. I cracked my knuckles and ran out of the room, purposefully. That Kim Taehyung was gonna GET it now! My face practically cracked at the wide smirk I had on my face. He was going to get beat up. And this one would be one he wouldn't ever forget.


 



*Soo Jin's POV*

Unbeknownst to Jonghyun, the moment I saw him running out of class I became anxious. What was he planning? I saw Fae coming out of the class and just ignored her. This was more urgent. Knowing Jonghyun, he was about to do something he might regret. I followed said boy out of the front of the school.

What was supposed to happen here? He stopped suddenly and stood still, pensive. I waited behind a pillar just some feet away. Jonghyun tapped his foot impatiently and looked at the time. Was he waiting for a girlfriend perhaps? Nah, impossible. That guy has been crushing on me since last year and I doubt he's gotten over it. I turned around to see if anyone recognized me, when I see Taehyung walking out of class. Something clicks. I run to him and see a small look of bafflement on his features before I pull him forcefully along with me.

I thank every power on this Earth for no one noticing me dragging the poor boy along. A Queenka taking a nerdy guy somewhere in a hurry? Yeah, that would definitely cause some conflict.

"Umm. Soo Jin where are you taking me?" I shush him in desperation and pick up my pace, bringing us to a jog.

We're about halfway across the school before I stop to catch my breath. I glance to see Taehyung beside me panting like a dog.
I giggle a little at his physical fitness, or lack thereof.

"You don't exercise much, huh?" He glares at me playfully and punches my shoulder. We regain our breathing in an awkward silence.

"Why did you bring me out here," he asks as he points to the music room. I stiffen. I can't tell him why; he'll be terrified of hanging out with me. That sounded a lot more selfish than I originally thought. I'm torn. Should I tell the truth and risk losing a friend or lie to save him now? He pokes me and tilts his head. 

"I wanted to show you something," I lie coolly.

"Since you're new, you probably didn't know this existed, right?" He nods and looks at the music room in interest.

"Come on," I say as push the door open. Luckily, the room is empty at the moment. I spot my favorite piano in the corner and sigh at it dreamily. Walking to it, I rub some dust off, frowning. They didn't clean it yesterday. 

"Woah," I hear him gasp behind me. He's still standing at the entrance absorbing everything he sees. What a little kid, I chuckle to myself.

"Tae," I break his daze and he looks over to me, blank look still present on his face. Waving him over, I pat the seat next to me.