Chapter 2: So Frustrated

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 2: So Frustrated

 


 

*Taehyung's POV*

After my sister's constant defiance, I got her to stop flirting with the underclassmen. Isn't she supposed to be the mature one?!

"It appears not," I growled to myself in frustration, seeing her winking coquettishly at another boy. 

Just as I was about to interrupt, the bell rung, signifying lateness. I pulled at my hair and flipped her the bird internally.

"She made me late! And on the first day?! GAH!" The students parted around me like the plague after hearing my loud outburst. Great, my first impression here was definitely not a good one. I ran to class as fast as I could, not caring if I would run into someone or not. 

While running, I looked at the class numbers as they passed me. 2-D, 2-C. Finally, 2-B. I collected my breath and fixed my ruffled-up attire.

"Hopefully, I'll make a good impression," I pepped myself. After collecting myself, I tried to open the door, but it was locked. In frustration, I jostled it more, as if that would open it, but then I caught myself. Now I really feel dumb. I was going to knock until a man in his late 40's opened the door questioningly. Upon seeing I was a student, he smiled and asked,

"Are you my new student?" I nodded and thanked the gods he wasn't one of THOSE teachers.

He ushered me into the class before turning to the rest of the students and stating, "Class, this our new student." He then turned to me expectantly.

I cleared my throat nervously and began, "H-Hello. My name is is Kim Taehyung, but you can call me Tae if you like. I hope you treat me well." I bowed and released the breath I was holding in. The students chattered at my arrival.

"He's cute."

"He looks weird."

"Why does he look so out of breath?"

"Must be a nerd!" I heard the last comment and it hurt my feelings a bit. Why are people like this? 

The teacher was fed up with the comments and so he cleared his throat and called out, "Ahn Soo Jin!" My saliva caught in my throat. A girl with beautiful dark locks looked up, uninterested, as if she was sleeping moments before this.

"Yes, sir?"

"Raise your hand for me, please?"

She did as she was told and the teacher looked at me pointedly.

"Go sit in the empty seat beside her." I walked over to her, but before I could sit next to her, I was tripped by someone's leg and fell ungracefully. A group of boys beside me snickered.

"Oops. Sorry 'bout that, Tae-Tae." The rest of the class broke into laughter at him. I stood up and shyly sat into my seat.


 



*Soo Jin's POV*

Yah?! Who do these guys think they are, bullying him like that? I glared at their leader, Jonghyun, in disapproval.

Clicking my tongue I suddenly spoke, "Jonghyun, stop bullying the new kid. He just got here. Now, I believe you owe him an apology?" I tapped my hands expectantly and Jonghyun stared at me incredulously. 

"I'm sorry, Taehyung. It was just a joke, I didn't think you'd be so hurt by it," he apologized insincerely. Taehyung just nodded and faced the board while the teacher sighed and began teaching again. I rested my head on my arms until I felt a stare at the side of my head. I shifted my eyes to see Taehyung staring at me as if I were a god. Smiling happily at him, I waved. He turned back to the lesson and pretended to write notes, but I could see his shakiness and blushing cheeks. 

Cute.


 



*Taehyung's POV*

The teacher bored me a little with the lesson. This was stuff I learned already at my old school. I took this time to reflect. Why did she defend me so easily? And that guy, Jonggoon? Junghun? It doesn't matter, but he did exactly what she told him to. What was she?! 

My gaze shifts over to her to see she was sleeping again. I sweatdrop at the sight. How does she learn anything in here?! Her grades must be horrible. I slowly lean over to see if she had any notes written down, when her eyes pop open. She looks at me and smiles. Cursing myself for getting caught, I try to explain my situation, but she interrupts.

"Trust me, even though it looks like I'm sleeping, I get everything he's saying. I'm in the top ten of the school, so don't worry over me, Tae." The way she said my name in her soothing voice made me blush 50 shades of red. I babble trying to regain my composure.

"Confidence. Confidence," I pep to myself unknowingly. When I hear melodious laughing next to me, I stop. 

She holds her stomach as she swings her head back in euphoric laughter.

"Hoooh." She breathes heavily and I can't help, but to smile a little.

"Do you talk to yourself often?" I laugh, despite myself.

"Yeah. I don't notice it, but my sister tells me I'm crazy." 

Soo Jin grins goofily as she mocks me, "Confidence, confidence." She even tries to replicate my deep voice and ends up coughing, inducing silent chuckles. The teacher stops his lesson and watches Soo Jin in bewilderment, as does the rest of the class. I wonder why they look so surprised. The teacher didn't even get mad like I was expecting.

He simply asked, "Ahn Soo Jin…are you alright?"

The girl looks up in pure happiness and says, "Yes sir! I think I need to go outside to collect myself, though." The teacher nods understandingly and she excuses herself into the hallway. That Jong guy looks at me in anger and confusion. I smirk and continue with my notes.

"Nice one, Taehyung," I whisper to myself as write down:

Taehyung: 1 Jerkface: 0