Chapter 12: Sirens

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 12: Sirens

 


 

*Jimin's POV*

"BRING THE BOY IN QUICKLY."
"CALL HIS PARENTS!"
"Go! Go to Dr. Park's room!"

I can hear the nurses and paramedics yelling in a slight panic. Since the ride to the hospital, his heart rate has been unstable. They said he lost too much blood and if it hadn't been for my emergency aid, he would have been long gone. My dad's the most experienced doctor at the hospital and he's also the owner, so any personal problems of mine go directly to him. Taehyung was a friend so he was going to treat him personally.

"Son!" I hear my dad exclaim as he asks what his condition is.

"What's he like right now?"

"Dr. Park, he's lost too much blood. If we don't perform surgery soon, he'll die."

My father surveyed the body. He began cleaning the wounds on his body. It appeared to be only external damage at the moment, so that was a relief for me.

Dr. Park sees that his nose is swollen and the nurse answers readily, "Your son popped his nose back into place." He nods seriously and removes his mask. 

"Well, for now, he's fine, but I'll need to perform an X-Ray to assure there are no broken bones." He looks pointedly at his nurse and she moves to the next room in haste. The silence is awkward when she leaves.

"So this friend of yours?" He interrupts the quiet.

"How did this happen?"

I contemplate his words and shrug, "I found him in a heap in the ground and just did some moves you told me to do. But I don't know how he got there in this shape." I utter sadly.

My father puts his hand on my shoulder, "He'll be fine, Jimin. I'll make sure he is." The nurse comes back in and bows.

"The X-Rays are ready to be taken, Dr. Park." We both move into the X-Ray room. Dr. Shinji, another doctor that specializes in X-Rays, greets us with vests.

"Put these on. X-Rays can be dangerous." My father goes to the back room to observe the images. Dr. Shinji takes multiple pictures. I look at the pictures and my eyes water again.

"Well, Mr. Kim got very lucky. He fractured two ribs, and broke one. The broken rib came very close to puncturing his lung." My dad nodded and I held my tears, grim. He embraces my shoulders.

"Son, I'll get on it right now, okay?" He looks me straight in the eye and brings Taehyung to the operation room. I watch their figures disappear and choke back a sob.

"WHERE IS MY SON?!" I hear who I assume is Taehyung's mom.

I walk up to her and say, "Hi, Mrs. Kim. I'm Taehyung's friend. I brought him here when he got injured. Don't worry, my dad is performing surgery as we speak." She suddenly grabs me and pulls me into an embrace. I feel my shirt get wet and I pity her.

"My son. Oh my goodness." I rub her back, trying to keep her calm.

"He'll be okay. My dad said it wasn't so serious. Tae will be okay." I pull back to look her in the eye reassuringly. She smiles a sad smile.

"This is the second time he had to be saved. Such good friends he's found." Second time?

"What happened the first time?"

"This girl, Ahn Soo Jin I think her name was, dragged him to the nurse some time ago. My daughter took a liking to her," I gasped. She looked at me questionabley and I played it off coolly. A girl came out of nowhere and gave me a hug from the back.

"THANK YOU!!" She yelled shrilly in my ear.

"My brother is such a doormat! He needs to stand up to his bullies! This is getting tiring," she complains. I turn around to look at her. We make eye contact and she blushes furiously. I tilt my head.

"Is there something on my face?" She stares at me intensely. Yah. Staring must be a family thing. I notice we are still hugging and remove her arms from me. She moves her gaze to the ground and I sigh. 

"You guys might want to get comfortable. It'll take a while." They comply with my suggestion and I sit next to Taehyung's sister. She stiffens and I roll my eyes.

Girls.


 



*Mi Yan's POV*

Today has to be my lucky day. Even though my brother is injured, he'll be fine, he's strong. Now for the guy next to me, I sneak a tiny glance his way. He's texting someone and smiling to himself. HANDSOME. I have been blessed to meet such a hotty right now. He's Taehyung's friend, so that makes him older than me. Perfect. I hear him chuckle ily. Yes, ILY. Everything about this guy just drips perfection. Even though he's covered by two layers of clothing, I can still see his perfect biceps and shoulders. I practically drool. 

"So you have the same class as Taehyung?" I hear my mother ask.

"Ah, no. I met him at lunch along with some other friends. We really hit it off."

She taps her chin and asks in sudden realization, "Wait. So you are Jimin? The boy's house he visited yesterday?"

He nods and smiles, "I'm honored you remembered me, Mrs. Kim." Yah. Taehyung you evil brother. You had a handsome friend that you visited and you didn't invite me? I'll get you for this. 

My mom blushes and answers, "Uwah~ you are so charming, Jimin-ssi." Damn straight he is. He chuckles, handsomely, and resigns to silence again. I am anxious to talk to him. GAH JUST SAY SOMETHING DAMN IT.

"Do you know Unnie?" I sigh in relief. That's a good way to start.

"She had to save him the first time something like this happened." He blushed visibly and coughed. My girl senses tingled. I was jealous because clearly there were some feelings lying there.

"Umm. Yes. She's an acquaintance." Only an 'acquaintance', huh? So I have a chance still!

"Why do you ask?"

"I don't know. I was curious. I love my unnie, dearly." I wasn't lying. 

AHN SOO JIN IS THE BEST. Straight up.

"I love her, too." He mumbled softly, I almost didn't hear it. My heart broke a little. Oh well. He wouldn't want me when he could have Ahn Soo Jin. They were perfect together. A hot guy and a pretty girl. Makes sense right? Well, if I can't have him, I'll help him get the girl he has feelings for, I thought determinedly. 

"Do you have her number?" He looked at me, suspicious.

"No." I pass him my phone on a page that shows;

Ahn Soo Jin Unnie <3
396-778-9806

He gapes at me and asks, "Why are you showing me this?!"

I grin, "I'm helping you get the girl of your dreams, duh." I say as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. He gives me a heart stopping smile and saves the number on his phone.

"Thanks," he rubs his neck, blush present. GOD DAMNIT AHN SOO JIN!!! YOU BETTER TAKE CARE OF THIS GUY!!! 

Lucky, lucky girl.


 



*Jimin's POV*

After hours upon hours of waiting, my dad comes out. Mrs. Kim stands up and flings questions at him.

"How is my son? Is he okay? Can I see him? When will he recover?" My dad begins walking, waving her to follow him.

"He is completely okay," I hear her sigh in relief.

"But he will need to be in bed rest for a while. At the least, a month." We reach the room to see Taehyung in multiple layers of stitches and casts. She gasps and runs over to the bed.

"I advise you to let him rest for now. You can visit him as much as you'd like." She rubs his hair, lovingly. I bite back the urge to cry again. Mi Yan comes up to me and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"What actually happened to him, Dr. Park?"

"I performed surgical removal of one of his ribs. It was dangerously close to his lung and I could not risk it being damaged. Two of his other ribs were fractured and he also suffered some internal bleeding." Really, the way he described the scene made it sound gruesome, but this was nothing compared to the other patients he's saved in the past.

"How horrible," Taehyung's mom gasped.

"How could this have happened? My poor Taehyungie!" She sobbed.

"We can only find out when Taehyung wakes up."

The nurses came in, "I'm sorry tell you, but we can only allow guests bef-" my dad stopped them.

"Since your son is a friend of my son's, I'll allow you both to stay as long as you please." The nurses shuffled out of the room to fetch a place the Kim family can rest.

"Thank you again, Dr. Park. You are amazing," Mrs. Kim praised. He nodded simply and ushered me out of the room. The last thing I saw was Mrs. Kim Taehyung's hair.

"Son?" I looked at my dad expectantly.

"Your friend needs protection. Whoever did this is very dangerous. The next time something like this happens, he may not be so lucky."

I know what I have to do. I won't EVER let Taehyung suffer again.