Chapter 5: Tissues and Giggles

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 5: Tissues and Giggles

 


 

*Taehyung's POV*

School was finally over. I loved it here. I sighed to myself.

"My first day and I already have friends." Walking out, I was in a paradise of my own until a foot made me lose my balance. My face had a nice meeting with the concrete. I heard some laughing behind me and when I looked up, the evil foot pushed my head back to the ground. There was a warm wet feeling coming from my forehead and then I passed out.


 



*Jonghyun's POV*

My maniacal laugh echoed everywhere. When I saw the newbies blood on the floor, I smiled in satisfaction. From the moment I saw Kim Taehyung, I HATED him. How I wished I could squeeze the life out of him, but I was not going to get caught right now. While his blood continued to flow, I noticed he was no longer struggling. I was confused and so I lifted my foot. Still no movement. Did he pass out already? Damn. All I did was rough him up a bit and he was K.O.'d. This kid is helpless.

"Come on, Hyung. We have football practice today. Just leave him here. Someone will eventually pick up his body," Taemin shrugged. I nodded and started walking. He deserved it. With all the flirting he did with my Soo Jin this morning? I smiled happily at the conflict I was creating. I LOVED it. Looking at his body one last time, I ran my hand through my hair coolly before going on my way.


 



*Soo Jin's POV*

"Soo Jin, thanks for walking me~" Fae practically purred. I nodded simply and waved a goodbye. The front of the school was empty for the most part. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and checked the time. 3:45. School was out 10 minutes ago. Just as I was about to go back in, a girl that looked to be a year younger, ran up to me. 

"Help me! Please! I can't find my brother!" I have her a 'are you crazy?' look and she began begging.

"Yah." She continued begging eventually reaching her knees out of desperation. Although it was amusing, it was slightly pathetic.

"Yah,"I demanded seriously. She couldn't hear me. I was beginning to get annoyed.

"YAH!!! GIRL! LISTEN TO ME!" After so much begging and tears and snot she looked at me, hands clenched. She looked so pitiful that I couldn't help, but feel guilty for yelling.

"I'm sorry for yelling, but please be calm. I will help-" she squealed in joy and I interrupted her "-On one condition." She nodded determined. I grabbed some tissue out of my pocket and whiped her snot and tears. When I finished she looked at me, baffled.

"Why?" I looked her and smiled genuinely.

"Girls like you look prettier when smiling." She grinned and hugged me, forgetting why we were here in the first place.

"Wow~ I like you! I hope my brother finds someone like you in the future." For their family's health, I hope so, too. I sweat dropped at my own comment.

"Well?"

"Well what?" She looked at me innocently. I facepalmed in exhaustion. I don't know why I get myself into these situations.

"Your brother?! Yah don't tell me you forgot the entire reason you were crying!" "She rubbed her neck before responding.

"Sorry. I'm naturally forgetful." I sighed and began searching with my eyes.

"The last time I saw him was this morning in the car." I nodded, not really caring about what she was saying. I turned back to see her following me, and not searching.

"Yah." She looked at me in surprise from my sudden demanding tone.

"Y-yes, Unnie?" I softened my eyes and asked.

"Can you at least search with me?" She nodded in apology.


 



*Time Skip: Still in Soo Jin's POV*

We've been searching for her brother for at least 20 minutes, but not a single time did stopping the search occur to me. The way she looked so desperate to find her brother worried me, too. What if her brother was somewhere dying and we didn't know? That was something that kept me motivated. I couldn't just leave knowing that out there someone was lost and I did nothing to help. 

"JIN-UNNIE!!!" I heard a shrill voice tell from across the school yard. In the time we spent searching, I managed to tell her my name and exchange numbers with her. 'Just in case' she said. The details of that don't matter right now. Right now, what mattered was that she was screaming her head off about something. I quickly ran over to her to see the body of a familiar classmate.

"Taehyung?!" She whipped her head over to me in shock.

"You know my, Oppa?!"

"YAH!! Focus! Help me get him to the nurse!" I picked him up and began carrying, more like dragging, him to the clinic. 

God what has Taehyung been eating?! He weighs more than a cow! I make a mental note to tell him to cut back on whatever he's been eating. Finally, we got to the nurse's office. She was surprised to see me, more so when she saw me carrying a boy.

"AHN SOO JIN! What have I said about bringing random boys in here?!"

"Not now Mrs. Emi! It's the last one this year! I promise! Just-ju- JUST FIX HIM!!" Mi Yan looked between the nurse and I, but said nothing. Mrs. Emi noticed the desperation in my voice and began working quickly and seriously. I ran my hands through my hair and sat down while biting my thumb.


 



*Mi Yan's POV*

Eventually, I strike a conversation with Soo Jin.

"You never answered my question earlier. How do you know my brother?" Soo Jin didn't turn, but answered bluntly.

"He sits next to me in home room."

"Please be kind to him, Ahn Soo Jin." The upperclassmen looked at me in question.

"He doesn't have many friends and he gets bullied for being a weirdo. An Alien." To anyone else at any other time, it would be funny, but this was serious.

"Weird? Nah," Soo Jin leaned back coolly and crossed her arms. She shook her head again and mouthed 'nah' to me. My mouth hung open at what she said next.

"Maybe a little special, but that's good. Normal people get boring." She stuck her tongue out and made a disgusted face then leaned her head back and closed her eyes. What Soo Jin missed was the 1000 watt smile I was giving her. God please don't let my brother mess up this friendship, I prayed to myself. I glanced over to her pretty face and admired. She's something special. Then I heard her snore and I giggled to myself.

Definitely special.