Chapter 24: Their First Date

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 24: Their First Date

 


 

*Taehyung's POV*

I still lay on my bed. What I would do for her to come back. I want to kiss her over and over and over again until I forget how to breathe, but I pushed her away. Foolishly, I let her leave and broke her heart, all in the span of 2 minutes. It's funny how quick you can experience Heaven and Hell. In that moment, I never wanted to let her go. I wanted her in my arms forever. It sounds so cheesy when you put it that way, but it's the truth. Soo Jin was taking me to places I've never been. Love, happiness, bliss. She also made me scared.

I was scared. This was new to me. I didn't know what to do. Should I tell her how I felt? Yes. Would I tell ever tell her? Most likely not. Guilt washed over me in a tidal wave. What would Jimin think? My best friend. The guy who reached out to me: the little alien. My hands grab my face. I'm creating so many problems by doing this. I said I would help Jimin get the girl he wanted and here I was, making out with her behind his back. Some friend I was. My phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and the guilt intensified. Jimin. I let it ring until it died out. 

No way I can speak to him right now.


 



*Jimin's POV*

I listen to the rings 3 times. Why wasn't he answering?! I check the clock. 8:27. It wasn't even late. What could he possibly be doing? Tomorrow, I was planning on taking Soo Jin on a date. Maybe I could cheer her up. I needed Taehyung's advice, but he wasn't answering. Fine then. Don't answer me. See if I care. Even as I say this, Taehyung could really make himself useful right now. Should I take her to an Amusement Park or a fancy restaurant? Either would be fine, but I want a final decision. I'll leave it up to fate to decide. 

"SUNYU!!!!" My little sister comes running into the room.

"I didn't steal anything this time!!!" I facepalm.

"It's not about that," she grins and sits down on the bed.

"Is it that girl?" For an eight year-old, she was surprisingly smart.

"Yeah. I want help dec-"

"I'll help! I'll help!" Double facepalm.

"That's why I called you. Tell me, what's better, Amusement Park or Restaurant?"

She jumped up in finality, "Amusement Park!!!" I scoff. What does she know? She just likes amusement parks.

"Girls LOVE amusement parks! They like cute guys, too! Taking her there would be the best of both worlds!" 

"How can I be sure it's not YOU who likes amusement parks?" She tapped her finger on her chin.

"Unnies like having fun…I don't think she'll really like a romantic place. You think so right?" For once, I agreed with her. Soo Jin isn't the type to enjoy fancy places and fancy foods. Now that I think about it, Soo Jin was easy to please and very low maintenance. Another reason added to the list of, 'Why Soo Jin Needs to be My Girlfriend'. Sunyu jumped off my bed and left the room. So it has been decided. 

Amusement Park it is.


 



*Time Skip: Still Jimin's POV*

I slept literally no hours last night. My date was today and I was so anxious. Getting ahead of yourself. I haven't even called her to invite her yet!!! 7:25. Would she be awake yet? Only one way to find out. The phone rang a couple of times. Her ringtone was very cute. Girl's Generation- I Got a Boy. Did that mean anything? Probably not. 

"Hello?" Her sleepy voice cute and pouty sounding. My heart skips a beat. 
"Soo Jin? It's me, Jimin."
"Oh. Hey Chimmie. How's it going?"
"I'm great. How are you doing?"
"Meh. Could be better."
"I'll help you get better?"
"How?" I hear her confused voice and then her scoff. "I seriously doubt you could."
"Give me a chance. Meet me at The Gangju Amusement Park. I'll see you at 10:00."
"Hmm. Alright. I don't have anything planned."

She hangs up.

"WOOOHOOOO!!!!" I start my happy dance: wiggling, popping and locking and any other dance I could come up with. Park Jimin has a date~ A date with Soo Jin. It was perfect. I rush around and rummage in my closet. What would I wear?! Swaggy? Classy? Cool? Handsome? So many choices!!! I run my hands through my hair. Jimin be calm. Does Soo Jin honestly care what you wear? Yes. Yes she does. Maybe a combo? My mind thinks back to what my sister said.

"They like cute guys, too!"

Does Soo Jin like cute guys? I look at myself in the mirror. Was I cute? Her logic seeming more and more apparent to me. No wonder she's so close to Taehyung! He was the cutest guy I knew. Jungkook has been warming up to her, too. Wow. Sunnyu is a genius in the body of a kid. How I didn't see it before, I don't know. Bet you that Hyunseung guy was a cute one, too. My curiosity was peaked now. What does be look like? What was he like? I turn to look at the clock.

8:00?! Did I seriously spend half an hour thinking?! I look in my closet again. What says cute? I see an embarrassing Christmas sweater in the back of my closet. It was one my mom bought me last year. It had two reindeer kissing on a white background. It was all white with the cuffs being brown. I pull it out and put it on in a hurry. Looking in the mirror, it looked surprisingly good on me. Alright. I decided on some simple black skinny jeans that show off my muscular legs. Still gotta have my y Jimin touch. I tie the laces to my white Nike's and decide that this was good enough. Brushing my hair, I run down the stairs. My mom spots me in a rush.

"Jimin! Where are you going- wait. Is that the sweater I gave you? I thought you hated it?" I look down at it and grimace. It was still embarrassing, but if this was going to impress Soo Jin, so be it.

"I'm going on a date, mom." She gapes at me.

"With who?!"

I grin and sigh dreamily, "Soo Jin." She made a face and nodded in recognition.

"Are you that in love with her that you'd be willing to wear that?"

"If that's what it takes, then yes."

"You are going to be such a good boyfriend." I blush and rub my neck. My life would be complete if Soo Jin was my girlfriend. I don't care about her past. None of that matters. The only thing that would matter to me would be me and her. Together. I bite my lip. My mom chuckles at me and begins making me my breakfast. Pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs. I eat this everyday, but I don't think I'd ever get bored of it. That got me thinking, can Soo Jin cook? An image of Soo Jin as a housewife suddenly popped into my head. She probably can make the best eggs in the world. Well, maybe. I'm going to pretend she can.

"Here you go, Jimmie~" my mom coos and as soon as the food lands in front of me, it's already gone. She sighs and begins washing the dishes.

"What's your secret?"

"Huh?" 

"How can you eat like that? You finished your food in 2 minutes. How?" I shrug. I don't know either. I check the time again. 8:50. What do I do for the next hour? My sister comes in.

"Oppa," I turn to see her rubbing her eyes. I pick her up and sit her on my lap.

"No. Yah! It's like sitting on a rock!" She leaves my grip and I chuckle. My expression falls. A rock? Was it really that bad? I look at my legs and frown.

"What did you decide on?" She opens her eyes fully and looks at my sweater in adoration.

"It's so cute! The boy reindeer is in love with the lady reindeer and," she squishes my sweater in her hands, making a smooching sound.

"And they kiss!" Sunyu looks at my sweater in approval and gives me a thumbs up.

"Good choice!" My mom watches in interest.

"What does that mean?"

"Oppa wants to look cute for Soo-Unnie!"

She turns to me, "Right?" My mom gapes at us.

"Wow. This is new. I always thought you wanted to be manly, Jimmie? I guess it was inevitable with your face."

"What's wrong with my face?"

Sunyu giggles and chants, "Baby face Jimin! Baby face Jimin!" I'm so offended by this. No one has ever pointed that out before. Note the sarcasm. Yeah. Jimin, the guy with a man's body and baby's face. Hey. Girls like that.

Right?


 



*Soo Jin's POV*

I was still depressed from yesterday, but I wasn't about to turn Jimin away. Maybe some Jimin therapy is what I needed. He sounded eager to see me, so what could possibly be the risk? I check my watch, 9:58. Being early was kind of my forte. I'd learned to always be first. It's either 1st place or a loser. My brain still had that mob mentality going. Out in the distance, I see Jimin running like a madman. Checking the time again, it was now 9:59. He was punctual for sure.

When he reaches me, the clock suddenly turns to 10:00. Right on time.

He breaths between words, "Am I-"

"-On time?"

I giggle and say, "JUST on time." Jimin gives me a thumbs up. I take this time to observe his attire. He's wearing an atrocious sweater, but it was a good fit on him and made him look cute. His jeans still scream y seeing how tight they are. How did he even get them on those thighs?! Impossible. He has on some simple white Nike's and that's it. He looked pretty nice, but not overdoing it. I still want to know how he put on those jeans though…

"Jimin?"

I asked in curiosity, "Do those jeans fit? You look like you're suffocating." He broke into a laughing fit.

"It was hard. Trust me," he grinned. He held his arm out to me and I instead grabbed his hand. Let's try this thing again. I watch his reaction out of corner of my eye. He blushes and stares at our interlaced fingers. Although I was playing with his feelings these days, I decided I've had enough of being heartbroken. Taehyung said he liked me, so let's work towards that area. At least Jimin would reciprocate my feelings.

"Let's go shall we?" He nods, not having any words to say.

How come I always end up putting on the pants here? 


 



*Jimin's POV*

Jimin is unavailable at the moment, please try again at a later time. If you would like to contact him, please find him on Cloud 9.

That's where I was right now. I didn't even have to try. Soo Jin was holding my hand the entire time and smiling at me like no one's business. Leave it to Jimin to get her in a good mood. We had gone on almost all the rides and played all the games. I even won her a teddy bear at the dunk tank. Poor guy. That water was probably really cold. It was about 7:00 pm and I was pleading to the world for today to never end. We just talked about silly things and teased each other all day.

I remember in particular, one old lady was passing us by and said, "Isn't young love beautiful?" Soo Jin blushed and I would never forget the way she looked at me. She had some sort of adoration in her eyes. That was ALL for me. Mine. Mine. MINE. I could brag about this date all day to anyone and she wasn't even my girlfriend. Yet. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. We had such a fun time. Just even watching the ducks swim in the pond, made my day. Any day was made as long as she was in it. It was almost time for the date to be over. I frown. I didn't want it to end. Soo Jin dragged me over to the Ferris Wheel. 

"Let's get on this," she turned and smiled. There it was again. That smile that made my heart beat faster and my cheeks turn red. The guy opened the door for us and just as I was about to sit down, Soo Jin took me and sat me down next to her. I grin internally. She was just so touchy with me today, and I loved it. I could go on a thousand dates with her and still want more. We waited for it to start moving. The lights were bright since it was already dark. I was worried. The fireworks were going to start soon and I didn't want to miss them. Why did she suddenly want to ride it? 

She turned to me and squealed, "I haven't been on a Ferris Wheel in a long time!" My sister was right. Amusement Park was the right choice. The guy came around to check if our doors were safe and she pulled him towards her, whispering something in his ear. I tried to eavesdrop, but it was too quiet for me to hear.

They gave each other a thumbs up and he turns it on. What she said, the world may never know. We both stay in a comfortable silence as the Ferris Wheel spins agonizingly slow. It makes 3 full spins when we stop. Malfunction? We were at the very top. Hoping it was only momentary, I wait for it to start spinning again. When it doesn't, I become worried.

"What happened?"

Soo Jin turns and grins, "It stopped." No really? Thanks for stating the obvious. She sees my expression and giggles. I hear a sudden bang behind me. The fireworks are starting. My face brightens in realization. Soo Jin told that guy to stop the ride. Smart. She leans over and lays her head on my shoulder. Blushing, I thank the darkness, otherwise she would see my tomato face. Well, Jimin. Let's enjoy this while we can. I wrap my arm around her shoulders and watch the fireworks. The colors are beautiful as they splay across the sky in a rainbow of lights. 

We watch them peacefully for a while longer until Soo Jin interrupts, "I use to watch fireworks with Hyunseung all the time." To my surprise, she has a content look on her face.

"What was he like?" She closes her eyes, imagining him in her head.

"He was kind," she looks up at me. My heart skips a beat. I love it when she looks up at me, eyes big and doe like. Her face is so innocent.

"Hyunseung was always so nice. So charming. He's not manly like you, or cute like Jungkook. He was absolutely normal. But there was always this glint in his eyes," she sat up and I listen intently to her talking about him. The way she talked about him, it was filled with so much love. Even 2 years after his death, she still feels something for him. It was admirable.

"The way he looks at you…it was like he was looking into your soul. I could never lie to him. He just had that effect." I nod. This guy must be something incredible if he can hold her heart after everything. She pulled her phone out of her pocket to show me something. A picture? Now I was interested. I lean over to see her, indeed looking through her photos. Soo Jin pulls up an image of her making peace signs next to a boy with red hair. Setting aside the fact that Soo Jin was absolutely adorable, Hyunseung was handsome. Like, supermodel handsome. His face was a perfect shape and his chin could probably cut my lawn. His hair was bright red and it framed his face perfectly. Even though he wasn't smiling, he looked like he knew a lot. He was matured for his age. 

"Isn't he handsome?" I nod again. She looked at the picture in somber happiness. I hug her and put my chin on her head.

"Do you think about him a lot?"

"Almost all the time, but he would want me to move on." She looks at me again. My heart skips another beat. What does that mean? I wished she would just stop talking in riddles!

Her eyes close and I catch my breath. IS THIS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?! I eagerly lean in and our lips meet. God yes. If I was on Cloud 9 earlier, this was Cloud 90. My lips meld against hers perfectly. I place my hands on her back and push her closer to me. She replies back by grabbing my neck and rubbing my chest. Her fingers make circles as they run over my shoulders, arms and back to my chest. We probably look so strange to onlookers, but we're too busy in our own world. We continue a little longer until our lungs decide that they need air. Soo Jin blushes and looks away shyly. Even after all of that, she remains so cute. I give her a big hug and peck her head. 

"So cute~" I purr and rub my cheek against hers. 

"Y-yah!" 


 



*Soo Jin's POV*

Today was so eventful. I went on a date with Jimin. Then we watched fireworks. Then we kissed. I blush ten shades. This wasn't like the first time we kissed. This one meant something. He was so happy to kiss me. It wasn't just an innocent kiss, he made out with me like you would with a lover. My mind wanders to Taehyung. No! Stop thinking about him! Dummy! Even if he rejected me, I still wanted him. Jimin could kiss me like that as many times as he wanted, but that wouldn't change my feelings for Taehyung. 

I was starting to think I love him. My head spins. Everything was happening too fast. Do I like both? Neither? Do I LOVE them?! I wish I knew what to do, but I was only a girl. No amount of ing could change that fact. The fact that I liked both of them. And that fact scared me. One of them was going to get hurt. Or I was going to get hurt. I mean, Taehyung already rejected my advances once, who's to say he won't do it again? And Jimin, if I choose Taehyung, he'll be hurt. He CLEARLY likes me.

At least they weren't going to die. That would just kill me.