Chapter 20: Paralyzed

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 20: Paralyzed

 


 

*Soo Jin's POV*

Everyone really hit it off, to say the least. I think I found myself a new admirer today. Jungkook was all over me and I couldn't exactly reject him because he was friends with Jimin and Taehyung. And by all over me, I mean he was literally clinging to my arms and calling me a, 'Pretty Noona' the entire time we were there. Aside from that, Jae and Jin were all blushing around each other. There was obviously something going on there and I wasn't the only one that noticed. Ashley was keeping a close eye on everything. When something was blooming, she knew exactly what it was. She suddenly turned into Cupid when it came to these lovey dovey things. All in all, by the end if the night, the Queenkas and Bangtan Boys became closer.

The air was a little chilly as I walked home, trophy in hand. Winter was getting closer as the weather changed. Soon, it would be Christmas, then St. Patricks day, then it would be the summer. Time seemed to have gone faster since Taehyung came here 2 weeks ago. I find myself appreciating a lot of minute details and feeling a lot more emotions. His small time here has affected me and my life in ways I thought impossible. I suffered more, sure, but I also smiled more. He was alien, that was certain.

Just as I turned the corner, I saw a flash of familiar blonde. My heart stopped and so did my feet. No. It wasn't there for even a half if a second, but I saw it. What I just saw was very real and very scary. I fell to my knees and my trophy dropped next to me. Everything that I had been building up to, came crashing down just as fast as that blonde hair left. 2 years. 2 years of hiding, hoping and hating myself. They were back. And I don't think they'll leave me without a fight.


 



*Time Skip: Still Soo Jin's POV*

Ever since I saw that flash of hair, I didn't get to sleep a wink. My friends and the Bangtan Boys all wondered what was wrong with me, but I wasn't around them long enough for them to actually ask. The only one that was really vigilant about my problem was Jungkook. The boy's love for me was no joke. He would follow me everywhere and ask me what was wrong until I ended up telling him to buzz off. My grades have dropped dramatically. I stayed after school everyday, but that did nothing. I cancelled any and all music practices and piano recitals. Everyday, I would go to Jae's drama club meetups. Everyday, I would sit in the back of the Student Coucil's meeting, watching Ashley. Everyday, I would pass by Lina Gi's track practice. And everyday, after I finished seeing the rest of the members, I walk Fae home.

Rinse and repeat for an entire week. And this will probably continue until next week, too. And the week after that. And the week after that one. If this was the result of seeing a small flash of hair, then I couldn't imagine seeing them in person. I don't think I could handle the guilt of them following me. I've been distancing myself in hopes of them not seeing me with my friends. That was my biggest weakness and I don't want them using that against me. 

If this was how the game had to be played, I was going to play until I won. CL was NOT about to hurt anyone else.

"Noona!" God. Not now. I had just finished walking Fae home when Jungkook appeared.

"Noona! Wait!" I turned around. There were bags in my eyes and I no longer had that special shine in me. I probably looked like s***. He caught up to me and suddenly pulled me into an embrace. What was he doing?!

"Noona, I know you don't know me too well, but I want to help you! Seeing you like this! I don't like it! I want to see you smile!" His words were sincere and I feel a trickle of water drip down my cheek. What have I done to deserve someone like this is in my life? I hugged him back and he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Let it out, Noona. I'm here," the tears I've been holding for the past week suddenly explode and I sob grossly into Jungkook.

"I-I'm sorry," I say pathetically.

He sighs into my hair, "We forgive you. I forgive you." He mumbles this, as if he knew everything that was wrong with me. The last month has been filled with tears. Did I suddenly turn into Fae?! I never cry this much! Jungkook pulls away and I pull him back.

"I'm not done with you," he blushes and his heart beats faster. I place my hand on his chest to feel his heartbeat.

"S-S-So Ji-Jin?" He stutters cutely and I bite back the urge to squeeze him.

"Let me just…stay. Just a little longer." He nods and gulps. We embrace for what seems like forever and I calm down. I suppose that this was what I really needed. A hug. Jungkook was just so precious that you couldn't help, but want to hug and him and cuddle him all day.

"Thank you so much, Kookie." Using his nickname made him cover his face with his hands.

I pull them away from his face and say, "Don't. You look cute when you blush." He grins and gives me another big hug.

I giggle and repeat, "Thank you. Really."

He rubs his arms and murmurs, "It was nothing. I just wanted to help you feel better." I kiss his cheek to see his reaction and he does exactly what I expected. He blubbers for something to say, but only stands there. A blushing, cute mess.

"Bye, Kookie~" I sing. 

What a cute, little cookie.


 



*Taehyung's POV*

Soo Jin has been acting weird all week. She didn't even say anything when I was suddenly at school again. Normally she would have been ecstatic to see me, but she hasn't been herself since the Talent Show. Was that guy really that important that she was avoiding me now? She wasn't just avoiding me, though. Jimin told me she hasn't uttered a word to him since yesterday when she said, 'hi' to him. That was literally the only thing that she's said to us.

She'll say hi and leave. The Queenkas would shake it off and say it was another one of her moods, but even they seemed worried. Her behavior was becoming a little extreme. If we didn't figure out what was happening to her soon, I'm afraid that she'll stop talking to us altogether. 

I was scared. More than just scared, I was terrified for her. What if her bad past came back to haunt her? I felt useless. I was just a little alien. She could probably deal with the problem better herself than with my help. But at the same time, I wanted to support her in whatever she was doing. Ever since I met her, my life has been better. I'd go as far as to say I had a crush on her. Maybe a small one, but my feelings were there.

I'd never mention that to Jimin though. He'll be heartbroken. He's already so madly in love with her, knowing that he'd have to compete would only make it harder for him. I'll hold my feelings back, for Jimin.

For my friend.