Chapter 25: Forever and Always

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 25: Forever and Always

 


 

*Soo Jin's POV*

Ever since that date with Jimin, it's been kind of boring. He hasn't talked to me and neither has Taehyung. Jungkook called me a couple times to say hi, but other than that, the holidays have been boring. Winter break ends in 4 days and I'm kind of glad. School provides a good way for me to see my friends and it's actually pretty fun if you ignore the teachers and schoolwork. To busy myself these days, I've been composing another piano piece. This could be the best one yet. I called it 'Love Me'. To be honest, I got the inspiration from when Taehyung rejected me. It was almost finished, but it was lacking a little 'unf', you know? It's good, but there is a little missing touch and I haven't figured it out yet. Today, I was planning on going to the spa. I begged my mom to take me cause god knows I need it. Maybe I'll invite Ashley, too? She seems to really know how to make me feel better.

Getting a bout of inspiration, I hit her up. 
"Soo Jin? Hey!"
"Hey Ashley! Mom was gonna take me to the spa today. Wanna come?"
"Really!? Oh my god I was just looking for something to do."
"I'm a lifesaver huh?"
"Are we going with the rest of the girls?"
"Um. No. I was hoping I could go with you only. It's relaxation time and I don't want to deal with them." She laughs.
"I got you! Come pick me up later, okay?"
"Alright. See you."

I was ecstatic. Finally, today I would get a break from all of these boy problems. Guys are just too much of a problem. Sometimes you need a break. My mom comes in the room.

"Hey, sweetie. You ready to go?"

"Can we go pick up Ashley? I want her to come." She gives me a genuine smile.

"That girl is amazing. You meeting them has really changed you." My mom seemed to love Ashley more than I did because anytime her name was mentioned, she'll be in a good mood.

"Of course we can go get her."


 



*Ashley's POV*

Even though I was excited I was going to the spa with Soo Jin, I became worried. That poor girl's life was a disaster. Her parents were never home, she used to be a er, her first love died, and now her gang was looking for her again. If she wasn't so strong, mentally and physically, she would have killed herself by now. I know I would have. The only thing she had going for her is that boys swarm her like moths to a light, but even then…it was sad. We all agreed to take care of her, but we only say that.

I've watched those gang shows and things like, 'Gang Wars'. That life was hard and the people in those gangs were twisted. I can only imagine what it was like for people that have been in gangs all their life. The things they were capable of scared me. Even then, Soo Jin knew a couple tricks of her own. She's killed people before, there was no doubt she could do damage. It's kind of ironic how the 'Student Council President' can be best friends with someone like her. 

My grandma always told me,

"Even the darkest corridors will have some light."

I always held my grandma's words in high regard. Who would have thought when I first saw the cold, quiet girl, she would have ended up becoming my greatest friend. All you have to do is reach a hand out. Be kind. Always. People will appreciate that. Her boyfriend did that and that's probably why she had turned away people as a whole. He was the only person that opened up to her and after him passing, she was devastated. Even her parents gave up on her after that. But I didn't, and I managed to turn her around. A complete 180.

I heard my doorbell and I ran to go answer it. Soo Jin greeted me in a big hug. Her mom was right behind and she gave me a wink. If there was anyone that appreciated my work, it was definitely Soo Jin's mother. She always called me her second daughter because I had truly accomplished the impossible.

"Are we going yet?" They took me in their grips and we walked to the car.

"Spa day~" Soo Jin was singing. 


 



*Time Skip: Still Ashley's POV*

We were so silly. All we did was sit around in the hot water and talk. It was nice to just let all of your worries go and enjoy some quality time with a friend. Soo Jin had a LOT to say. To start off, pretty much all the Bangtan Boys liked her. No joke. Jimin liked to cuddle her cheeks and call her cute. Jungkook would follow her and tackle-hug her at any given opportunity. I've even noticed Taehyung lingering his gaze on her. Did he like her, too? And here I was. My turtle was good at keeping me company. Jin liked Jae and RapMon was just 'too cool for girls right now'. I had taken a small interest in 'Suga Daddy' Yoongi, but he was too busy with being swaggy to worry about me.

Now, for the main culprits: Jimin and Taehyung. My brain was still trying to process everything, but here's what I gathered from Soo Jin's ramblings and rants. Soo Jin first liked Taehyung. She visited him, kissed him and he rejected her. He had told her before that she should give Jimin a chance. He's liked her for a long time and now she decided to try it out. They went on a date, they kissed. Here is where the real problem comes in: She still has feelings for Taehyung. All of this would have ended perfectly if only for that fact. Jimin and her could be perfectly happy! That's what was making me confused. Why did she insist on Taehyung when Jimin was already there?!

My grandma also told me that,

"Humans are greedy creatures. They always want what they can't have. Even when they have other options."

That woman seemed to have something to say for everything, huh? She could never be more right at the moment.

"Ashley~" here she goes again. She's sounding like a broken record. I wish I knew what to tell her, but I wasn't really experienced in love. I just wish she would make the smart choice and stop the Taehyung business and just go out with Jimin. Then again, knowing her, she'll somehow make the worse possible choice and end up marrying Jungkook or something crazy like that. If there's anything I've learned about Soo Jin in the time I've known her, it's that she enjoys making bad choices. Maybe not purposely, but more often than not, she'll stick her head in an alligator mouth.

You could take that literally. Her mom once told me that when she was a toddler, she nearly put her head in a alligator's mouth while they were at the zoo. Soo Jin isn't dumb or anything, she's just batpoop insane. Soo Jin was honestly just ranting about how much she likes Sesame Street at this point. WHAT DOES SESAME STREET HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? Oh. I wasn't listening. Apparently, Taehyung likes watching Sesame Street and it's 'Sooo cute'. I love her with all my heart, but sometimes she got more irritating than Fae. Someone must have heard my plea because her phone rang.

"Um? Unknown caller ID?"

I shrug and close my eyes, "Just answer it. Who cares." She does as I say and places the phone on speaker.

"Hello?"
"Soo Jin~" the voice purred and Soo Jin paled. I sit up, worried.
"W-who is this?" Soo Jin's voice was shaky and I rubbed her back. She was biting her thumb really hard. Now I was VERY worried. She only did that when she was angry or fearful. NOTHING. Nothing made Soo Jin scared except for one thing.
"Did you forget me already? It's CL!"
You could her muffled yelling in the back. What was happening?! Soo Jin growls, suddenly furious.
"What's that noise?"
"Oh! This?" The muffled screams become louder and more like hiccups. I watch Soo Jin's reaction in anticipation. Did she know what was going on?
"I'm going to repeat one last time. What was that noise?" Her tone scares me. Everything about the way she spoke to the person on the phone was venomous. Soo Jin could probably kill someone with the way she was talking or at least make them crap themselves.
"Your little boyfriend…what was his name again?" Voices in the background shout something unintelligible. 
"Taehyung! That was his name." My body shakes. Soo Jin was worse off than me. Her face twitches at every angle and I can honestly say I've never seen her look this way. There was nothing, but pure murderous intent in her features. I was glad that this negativity wasn't towards me. 
"Why is he with you? Where is he?"
"Now now. No need to be desperate. I know you want to see him again." Soo Jin's face falls. See him again? Was she going to kill him? Oh my god.
"He'll be at the warehouse. You know which one. There IS only ONE warehouse. But let me give you a warning. First siren I hear and he's dead." 

The woman on the other side of the phone hangs up. I'm afraid, not for Taehyung, but for Soo Jin. I knew for a fact she was going to run off to do something. The least I could do was let her be prepared. Just as she was standing up, I grab her sleeve. She looks back at me impatiently. Her expression telling me more than what her words could ever say.

"My mom makes me carry a pistol around, for safety reasons. It's in my coat in the inside pocket."

She lifts her brow, "Why are you telling me this?" I give her a hug.

"I know you better than YOU know you," patting her back, I finish, "Save Taehyung. Kick their a**** to Busan and back and then take them to the U.S and on a cruise to Hell." She grins and runs off. Sitting here at a spa wasn't doing much, but knowing that I helped her out a little makes me feel slightly more at ease, even if it's only a little bit.

May she be safe.


 



*Soo Jin's POV*

At first, I was scared, but that quickly disappears when I realize they have Taehyung. MY Taehyung. We were not having a repeat of the past. I was going to make sure of that. I grab the gun out of her jacket. It had bullets and I have to thank Ashley's mother for being so useful right now. It was time to save the crazy, apple juice drinking, aegyo using, alien. 

The warehouse she expected me to meet her at was in my sight. This is what I had been waiting for my whole life. I would end what I had started. CL was in there, probably with the other members, holding Taehyung hostage. Since the moment I saw that flash of hair, I knew. This was going to happen. It was unavoidable; she was just biding her time. Hiding the gun in my trench coat, I walk up to the doors calmly. No point in concealing myself. They knew I was going to come.

The doors burst open and I see empty space and the sinister grin of CL. She ushers me forward and Minzy brings Taehyung in her arms. He's pale and there are dried tears on his face. I'm seething in rage, but I keep my composure.

"So…you came!" Gritting my teeth, I nod simply.

"Of course. I would never miss an opportunity to see you." Taehyung hears my voice and wiggles in CL's grip. She gets frustrated and smacks him. My fists clench and I have to use all my self control and more to not brutally murder her.

"Annoying. He's worse than Hyunseung," something in me cracks and I growl.

"Don't say his name."

CL cackles and coos, "Oh no! Did I hit a nerve? Do you miss your little Seungie?" Bom puts her hand on her shoulder and shakes her head.

CL clears and proposes, "I'm here to make a deal. You come back," she pokes Taehyung's face with her sharp nail, "And he goes free. How does that sound?"

"Sounds like a pretty sh**** deal to me," I shrug nonchalantly. My head was already formulating a plan to get out of this.

"WHAT?!" CL is outraged at my defiance.

"You don't have a choice," Bom states calmly.

"Oh, but I do," I suddenly grab Park Bom and bring her to me. My small pistol is pressed to her head. She is tightly held in my arms and CL watches the gun in my hands. It all happened in an instant. I smirk: I've still got it. CL holds her hands in front of herself defensively.

"Let's be ca-" I remove the safety on the gun.

"Let's not." Bom's heart can be felt through her back. She knows what's up. 

"Let's make a deal, Lee Chae-Rin," she gulps at me using her real name. It was funny how she acts like the leader when really, I'm the one calling the shots right now.

"You can let go of Taehyung and no one gets hurt."

"How can I trust that?!"

"You'll just have to," my finger slowly goes to the trigger. If Bom wasn't crapping herself before, she had to be now. CL growls and pushes Taehyung toward me. I push him gently behind me. Park Bom is still in my arms.

"Sorry, Lee. Sometimes promises have to be broken." She watched as I pulled the trigger.

BANG. CL screams, "BOMMIE!!!!" There are tears in her eyes and my expression is that of fulfillment. Finally. She would feel how I felt.

"You are a monster!!!" Her bitter tears were sweet to me. She was going to get revenge, but I was already two steps ahead. Just as she is about to come forward to grab Taehyung, I shoot her, too. Point blank range. Minzy and Dara, who have been quiet this entire time, let the scene unfold, useless.

I grab Dara by her collar, "Let this be a reminder of the day 2NE1 ended. Officially," I see them run off and thank god that Taehyung was blindfolded. I could never let him see me like this. What CL said impacted me.

"You are a monster!!!" 

It echoed in my head like a chant. Does he think I'm a monster? 

"S-" I shush him and drag him out of the warehouse. There was no way I was going to let him see such a horrible sight. The blindfold can wait. After letting him follow me blindly, we sit in an alleyway. I remove the blindfold and watch his tired expression, the innocent glint he always held no longer there. What had they done to him?! As of this moment, me ending their lives was justified. At least to me, it was. They dared to do something like this to Taehyung. Disgusting. He forces me into his chest. 

Water stains my shirt, "Taehyung?" He cries quietly, only occasional sniffles being heard. My heart feels like it's being stabbed ten times over again. His pain was MY pain.

"Thank you," rubbing his back he hiccups more.

"Thank you so much." I knew how terrified he was. People like Taehyung would never forget something like this.

"I'm here for you, Tae. Never forget that." At this, he cries even harder. I shush him and allow him to cry all he wants. His quiet sniffles and whimpers becoming more and more unbearable. 

"Taehyung. I want you to listen to me right now," he rubs his face into my shoulder and I continue, "I will protect you. No matter what it is. This was nothing compared to how far I'm willing to go." He squeezed me even tighter and I rock him back and forth.

"I'll watch Sesame Street till I die, if that makes you happy. I'll become an apple farmer so that you can drink as much apple juice as you want. You can cry on my shoulder at any time and any place," Taehyung was more quiet when I finished.

"Because you are just that important to me."