Chapter 1: New Day, New School

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 1: New Day, New School

 


 

*Taehyung's POV* 

Trees whip past as he looks out of the car window.  

"Tae-a! Close the window before you mess up my hair!" Mi Yan yells frustratedly at her brother, desperately trying to fix her disheveled hair. He scoffs and asks, without turning to her,

"Who are you trying to impress? Let me guess, Lee Joon?" At this statement his sister blushes and stays silent. 

"Taehyung, you know how sensitive your sister is. Let's have some peace, just today, please?" Said girl turns and sticks her tongue out at him. 

Today was the first day at a new school for them. Recently, their father had a job promotion and now they had to relocate to it's new location. He didn't like it. Not one bit. Not only does he have to be away from his friends, but now he has to be around rich, snobby people. Life works in amazing ways. 

When the school finally reached their view, Mrs. Kim began speaking again, "I want you guys to make friends, okay? I know it's hard being a new kid and not having people you know around, but that will pass. I believe in you guys! Fighting!!!" Just when she finished her sentence, Mi Yan was already out the door and on the campus ground. Taehyung facepalmed heavily, she was so careless.  

"Unbelievable," he mumbled. His mother just laughed jovially. He stared at her and smiled. He loved his mother with everything in his being. Although it seemed a little strange to anyone else, Taehyung didn't care. He was a momma's boy and he wasn't afraid to admit it. 

"Come on, Tae. Have no fear and be yourself." She practically kicked him out of their car before driving off at a speed that probably was going to give her a ticket later.

"What a weird family," Taehyung said to himself.

"And I'm a part of it." He puffed air out of his mouth and started his way to the entrance. 


 



*??? POV* 

"Why do you do this to me?"

"I love you-"

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT!!! If you truly had feelings for me, you wouldn't hurt me like you ARE DOING NOW!" 

I stared silently at Sook Jae's performance. She was very dedicated to her acting career, so much even that she practices with herself. As I glance around, I notice people staring, but not in confusion, more like admiration. My daze breaks when I hear clapping around me.

"Jae! Wah! That was the best attempt yet! You improve so quickly," Ashley says in her motherly tone.

Lina Gi snickers next to me then whispers, "More like the worst attempt yet. She sounded like my mom when she tries to wake me up in the morning."

"YAH!!! I heard that you wench!"  

There they go again. Lina and Sook Jae argue like cats and dogs, it could be anything, but they can't seem to agree, EVER. Ashley tries to diffuse the argument, as always.

"Boring,"I mumble to myself, and yawn. It's the same process everyday. Rinse, and repeat. Like a broken record. Etc. My life needs variety, and this is not cutting it. But something is wrong, someone is missing. I rack my thoughts for what could possibly be out of sorts when suddenly I hear a high-pitched squee.

"EEEEE!!!!" All of us unceremoniously turn around to see Shimin Fae, excited. Well, that's different. I giggle at my own sarcasm. Fae sees my giggle as a sign of interest and bounces over to me. Literally bouncing.

She shakes me while squealing at me unintelligibly, "THERE ARE NEW STUDENTS TRANSFERRING TODAY! OMG! I HOPE THEY'RE CUTE~" Leader Ashley manages to get her to stop hurting me, thank god, before turning and repeating what she said calmly.  

"So they just transferred today? Hmm…do you know what home room they have?" Fae looks at Ashley sheepishly and rubs the back of her neck.

"Um…no?"

Lina laughed boisterously and claps while saying,"So you're telling me you went through the trouble to find out there are some newbies, but didn't even find out what class they belong to? Do you even know what their names are?" Lina asked in genuine curiosity. Fae looked at her feet and rubbed her hands shamefully. Ashley looked at her in, almost, pity before I mumbled,

"No wonder you're last in academics." 

Everyone laughed loudly around me while I just grinned, proud of my small jab at Fae. Jae patted my back as she whiped her tears of laughter. Even those around us couldn't help, but to smile at our little exhibition. Fae eventually cheered up and we found ourselves making way to our separate classes.  

​"Soo Jin?" Ashley called to me. I turned to her before I stepped into my class.

"Let's meet on the roof for lunch today." I nodded and walked into class a little saddened. I didn't like being in a different home room from my friends, but it couldn't be helped. Another day in the class of 2-B.