Chapter 14: Regretting That Kiss

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 14: Regretting That Kiss

 


 

*Soo Jin's POV*

The hospital doors burst open as I rush in desperation. I try to stay as calm as my heart and brain allow me to. Nurses around me look at me in anger.

"You are in a hospital. Have some respect, please," one of them scolds. I nod and walk up to the main desk. 

"How can I-"

"Kim Taehyung, high school student," I interrupt her rudely. She smiles and directs me to the room. These nurses must go through some kind of boot camp to have to deal with this kind of treatment. She was so nice that I felt like a huge douche, which I probably was. I stop in front of the room and knock quietly. Almost wishing, that no one would respond, so that I could go back home. This is so dumb. Just as I begin walking away, a woman in her 40's opens the door, confusion evident on her face.

"Who are you?" She asks in a rude tone. Had I not known this was someone related to Taehyung, I would have slapped her right then.

"I'm Ahn Soo Jin. A friend and classmate of Taehyung's." Her face brightens and she ushers me in quietly. 

"You're the famous Ahn Soo Jin? I've heard only great things about you!" She giggles and yells excitedly.

"Yeah…" I mumble as I walk over to Taehyung's resting form.

"He talks about you." I turn back around to see her looking at him.

"Hmm." I rumble.

"My daughter and him both adore you. They call you an angel and praise you all the time." My loud laughter breaks out into the room. She watches me, intrigued. 

"Me?" I ask as I point to myself.

"I'm no angel. I'm just a girl."

She nods and responds, "Yes, but in their eyes, you are much more than that. I can see something in you. Your air, the vibes you give off, are warm." I blush furiously at her compliment and hide in my hair.

She laughs and embraces me. Mrs. Kim turns me around and says, "I want you to do me a favor." I nod and wait for her to finish. 

"Be a good friend to him. He really needs this more than you can imagine." My throat tightens and I blink back tears. Is he really that pitiful? Is he that pitiful that both his sister and mother want me to be his friend? I remove myself from her hold and sit down in the chair next to Taehyung.

I his hair and say, "Taehyung. You need to tell me when this stuff happens. There's no way I can be friends with you if you keep secrets from me," I poke his cheek, jokingly. Behind me, his mom laughs. I smile.

What an adorable bunch of people.


 



*Time Skip: Still Soo Jin's POV*

I finally leave Taehyung's room. Mrs. Kim and I have a long conversation about the vegetables that Taehyung doesn't like. Why? I have no clue. She says that I might need to know in the future. And man did he hate a lot of vegetables. My smile reaches my ears as I walk out of the hospital. Suddenly, I'm pinned to the wall. My gaze raises to find an angry Jimin.

"What is he to you?"

"What?" I ask innocently as I try to break from his grasp.

"Why did you come visit Taehyung?" He asked calmly, even though I could see he was shaking.

"Jimin, calm down and le-"

"Not before you answer my question."

I raise my brow and say, "My friends told me that Taehyung was in the hospital. He's my friend and I wanted to se-" he shut me up by kissing me. His lips pressed into mine roughly. My eyes widen and I'm frozen from shock. They melded against mine in passion and possession. The way he was kissing was desperate. His hormones took over and he began grinding into me and against the wall. Jimin was still holding my arms above my head while the other trailed over my back and waist. When he my bottom lip, that's when I drew the line. I pushed him away from me and wiped my lips. He stared at me in horror. 

"Soo Jin! I'm so sorry I just wa-"

"Say nothing else. You disgust me," I spat and ran away from the scene. He called out to me, but to no avail; I had already left. But there was no denying I felt something at that moment. I touched my lips and scowled.


 



*Jimin's POV*

I lean against the wall and grab at my hair in horror. DAMNIT, JIMIN! I let jealousy take over and look at where I am now. Square one. No, not even square one. I'm on a triangle in a completely different game. Sliding down, I wonder why I did it. Soo Jin was somewhere, probably, cursing my existence. The mere thought had me punching the ground out of anger. 

"She will never talk to me again." The things you do to me, Ahn Soo Jin. That kiss though. I don't regret the kiss, I just regret the way she reacted. If I could try again, I would. If I could KISS her again, I would. My heart pounded in excitement.

Oh, girl. Why are you shaking up my heart?


 



*Soo Jin's POV*

School ends quickly and I thank god that Jimin didn't show up. I don't think I could handle seeing him after all of this. I decided I needed something to clear my mind so I walked out of the school to the nearest cafe. Eden Cafe. Just seeing the sign already had me more at ease. I'm greeted by two bubbly waitresses. They recognize me and sit me down at my usual booth.

"A regular, black, two sugars right?" She asks excited. We both giggle as the owner's son comes up to me.

"Soo Jin!! It's been awhile huh? You look a lil' down. Want someone to vent to? I'm right here." He hugs me and I hug back. Lee Seungri. He was my elder by 7 years, but we were close. When I was a little younger, my mom would take me here to eat. We became friends when I first came to Seoul and I'd go as far as to say that he's my best friend. From those moments on, I always came here. Whether it was for a good laugh, some advice, help with homework, or a caffe latte, this was the place to be.

"Yah~ Stop day dreaming about me, SJ."

I wave him off and say, "I was thinking about how much I hate you, thank you very much." He ruffles my hair and sits in front of me, the waitress long gone.

"What's got you down?"

I sigh and tilt my head back, "Well, to start, my friend is in the hospital. He got beat up," I turn to look at him worriedly. Seungri understands my gaze and swallows.

"You don't think it's…them right?"

"That's exactly what I'm thinking, but it could be anyone," I shrug, but on the inside I'm shaking like a leaf.

"Then…" I think back to Jimin.

"Then?" He urges in impatience.

"Another friend kisses me. Right in front of the hospital I just got done visiting," I sigh, feeling a mixture of feelings.

"WHAT?! Should I beat him up?! Did he tou-"

"Yah! Gri, not so loud." I yell-whisper to him. He looks at me in understanding.

"How did it feel?" "What?" I stare at him, puzzled.

"Did you like it? Did you hate it?" I turn red.

"No! Well, I don't…really…know," I trail off, gaze on the table.

"You're young right now. You don't know how to feel and that's okay. Just…try to focus on other things okay? Stuff to take your mind off of it. And also," he waits for me to acknowledge him, "Don't be TOO hard on the poor guy. He's just as confused as you are. Plus, teenagers get ," I cover my face and groan, "Gri."

"Do you want me to lie to you? It's the truth." I sigh and nod at his advice.

He gives me a small hug and says, "I'm glad you came to me for advice. Take it easy," he watches as the waitress comes back, coffee in hand. She places it in front of me and curtsies playfully.

"Enjoy your coffee." He leaves me and I wave him goodbye. What he said was true. I can't hold that kind of thing against Jimin. Plus, he looked truly sorry after the fact.

What was worrying me was, who beat up Taehyung? How I wished it wasn't who I thought it was. My palms perspire from anxiety and this coffee was NOT helping. Someone was going to get hurt here, and it wasn't going to be me. I pop my knuckles and stand up, leaving my drink half finished.

Time to go home.