Chapter 23: Getting Rejected on Christmas

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 23: Getting Rejected On Christmas

 


 

*Soo Jin's POV*

Puffing, I finally get my dress on. I was anxious because this was going to be the first time that I meet Taehyung's dad. It got me nervous because I remember him mentioning something about his dad being a pro in mixed martial arts. MMA fighting for short. Even though I had the swag and abilities from my ing days, there was no telling what this guy might be like. But, he was TAEHYUNG'S dad. He couldn't possibly be too scary right? It was more of a prayer than a question, though. 

The roads were icy from all this cold weather. Why am I walking, might you ask. Well, originally, my mom was going to drive me, but she got a call from her clinic saying that there had been a shortage of doctors. And here I am. Cold and walking. If you saw me on the road, you'd mistake me for a homeless person. It was so cold that I had to borrow one of my dad's trench coats, so that wasn't helping the whole 'hobo' problem. In my hands were some gifts for them. I decided to just buy his dad an intricate snow globe because I didn't know his tastes. For his sister, I bought her the limited edition of 'Moulan Rouge'. I think it's like a French romance drama? Well, what I do know is that it took a nice wad of cash to get this thing. Only 100 copies in the world. And you wonder why our society is so corrupt.

Taehyung's mother. I really took a liking to her. She reminded me of my passed grandma, except younger. I got her the newest Spinning Jenny set. She said she liked knitting things for her family, so she might like it. Finally, Taehyung's gift. I poured my heart and soul into this gift. It took me the longest time to complete his present. You see, I was already planning this gift since the moment I saw he loved Sesame Street and it was already a work in progress. Over the last 3 weeks, I've contacted Sesame Street voices and I went to America, just to find them. I got each and every autograph from each and every character, even the ones that only appear in one episode. They were all here. 

I created a huge mural with pictures of them and their autograph just below it. It was wrapped in bright, green wrapping paper that had the words, 'Christmas on Sesame Street' on it. Maybe it seemed like a childish gift, but the gift receiver was also quite childish. The door to his house was in front of me and I wipe the sweat from my hands. I ring the doorbell, it being heard loud and clear in the house. It opens to reveal Mi Yan and she tackles me in a hug. 

"Unnie!" I giggle and pick myself up.

"Mi Yan! You'll get her dress dirty!" Her mom comes up and greets me with a smile.

"Hello, Soo Jin. It's nice to see you again." I hear a loud thump and see Taehyung peeking over the staircase.

He beams at me and yells euphorically, "You came!!!" He runs down the stairs, two steps at a time and envelops me in a hug.

"Hey Tae," I mumble, his sweater muffling my words. Breathing in his scent, he smells exactly how expected. Baby powder and cookies, with a hint of cologne. The hug ends too quickly and he drags me into the living room. His dad turns his head and my stomach drops. He looks to be more than six feet, and definitely towering over my mere five. Packed in muscle he's more than what I expected him to be. But there is one thing that ruins his whole, 'Manly' aspect. As he sees me, he has a huge rectangular grin on his face. Like father, like son. I sigh in relief.

"So you're Ahn Soo Jin," he stands up and I'm afraid all over again. He's WAY taller than six feet.

"My family talks nonstop about you," he walks around Taehyung and I, as if assessing me. Taehyung just grins, how can he be so calm?! I'm sweating bullets over here!!!

"You look scared," my sweat multiplies. Taehyung looks at me with a look that says, 'He's not even that bad. Give him a chance.' I turn back to look at his dad when he's suddenly in my face. I squeal and trip over my own feet. He laughs loudly and holds his stomach. Taehyung is laughing with him and trying to hold tears. Why is this so funny?! I pout and slap Taehyung's hand away when he tries to help me up.

His dad slaps his knees and says, "This girl is a riot!" Taehyung looks at little a hurt by my rejection, but I ignore it. He deserves it.

"Honey," Taehyung's dad pales and sees a sinister looking mom. Now THAT was scary. Forget anything I said before, clearly she was the one wearing the pants in this household.

"I was just greeting our guest," he chuckled nervously.

She split into a grin and says, "Okay! Let's go eat dinner before it gets cold!" Taehyung grabs my hand and I blush.

Yah! Stop blushing cheeks!


 



*Time Skip: Still Soo Jin's POV*

Dinner went smoothly and I ended up becoming best friends with Taehyung's dad. Really! He was so cool and witty with everything he said! My parents were almost never around because my mom owned her own clinic and my dad owned a large clothing company. Does, 'H&M' ring any bells? He was almost never home and when he was, he didn't stay too long. Seeing their family so close was heartwarming and I could really see the love they shared.

The highlight of my evening was when Taehyung's mom showed me a video of Taehyung doing the Gwiyomi song. He was so- no he IS so adorable. Everything about Taehyung said, 'Cute, adorable, kid'. No one could tell me he wasn't because that would be a lie. Lying isn't good for your health, you know. Out of nowhere, Taehyung dragged me upstairs. I'm suddenly in his room, I could tell because it had a huge poster of Elmo plastered in the middle of the room. I facepalm.

"I have a gift to give you!!! But shhhhh," he puts his finger to my lips.

"We have to keep it a secret," he giggled. I want to choke him right now. His cuteness was unbearable. He reaches into a dresser and pulls out a velvet box. My heart speed picks up. Does he even know what that box means?! I don't think he does because he just hands it to me.

"Open it!" I do as he says and gasp. It was a beautiful ring with musical notes on it. He grabs the box from my hands and places the ring on my middle finger. I twist my hand around to see it better. It was so amazing. I've never received something with so much love put into it.

"Do you like it?"

"No," his happy expression drops.

I wrap him in an embrace, "I LOVE it." He hugs back ten times harder.

"Good," he blushes and removes himself from me.

"Wait just a second," I run back down the stairs and grab my huge, rectangular present. Why is this thing so hard to move?! The poster is taller than me and I have a hard time walking up the stairs. The damn thing was blocking my entire view. Taehyung grabs it out of my hand and easily brings it into his room. Show off.

He stares at it in wonderment, "Open it. I spent a long time getting this." Ripping it open without hesitation, he freezes.

"A collage?" I nod and watch him expectantly. Suddenly noticing some small cursive below the Elmo image, he squeals.

"Oh my god!!!!" Taehyung flips upside down and turns his head left and right, reading all the signatures.

"Soo Jin!!! You are the best!!!" Jumping around in excitement, he then comes and picks me up off the ground. He swings me around and I get lightheaded. I sit on the bed and wait for him to calm down. That wasn't happening anytime soon, though. He grabs a couple of tacks from his drawer and sticks them on an empty wall. Grabbing the big mural, he places it on the wall. Beaming, he stands back to observe it. He jumps on his bed.

"This is the best gift in the universe!"

"The universe?"

"Yeah. It's just that great," Taehyung smiles his rectangle smile at me. I start sweating again. The close proximity making me anxious. Our faces are so close that I can feel his breath hit my face. I blush and breath heavily. Why am I so nervous about this?! He watches me, oblivious to what's wrong with me. 

"Soo Jin?" His voice makes me tingle all over and a shiver hits my spine.

"Yes?" I whisper out, no longer finding my voice. Taehyung puts his hand on my forehead and gets even closer to me, if that was possible.

"You're really hot right now. Are you okay?" My heart is beating like a Hummingbird's and my palms are clammy. My eyes wander everywhere and finally they land on his lips. One more inch and he would be kissing me. I can't take the pressure anymore and I close my eyes leaning in. They make contact and I shudder. I kiss him gently, hoping he would kiss back. To my surprise, he does. We both move at a slow rhythm and I wrap my arms around his neck. I play with his hair as he sits there and allows me to do what I please. I nibble his lip and he shivers. Deciding I want to go further, I slip my hand under his sweater to feel his smooth stomach. No abs at all, but that doesn't matter to me. The only thing I'm focused on is his warm lips. Taehyung places his hands on the small of my back.

He's inexperienced, I could tell. I his lips and he opens his mouth easily. I don't even have to fight to gain control as I explore him. My cold fingers travel up and down his warm chest below his shirt. I decide that was enough. Taking it too far could be bad for both of us. We separate, and Taehyung catches his breath. Taehyung is sweating and panting like a dog. I feel slightly guilty for taking advantage of his innocence, but what was done was done.

"How was it?" Stuttering to find words, he stays silent.

"Tae?" Fear begins to build up. Does he hate me now? I can see him shaking and my heart sinks.

"Why did you do that?"

My fist ball up the sheets, "I don't know…" trailing off I tell him honestly. I really did not know why.

"Don't…" he looks up at me and my heart sinks to my stomach.

"Don't do it again." My heart shatters. I nod and stand abruptly.

"Okay. Enjoy your gift," my words are sour in my throat as I slam the door to his room. Running out of his house, I run home. Tears of anger and frustration flow freely. He did that. He really did. The moment I let someone into my heart, I get shut out. Maybe I just wasn't made for this kind if thing? Jimin was the first, and I shut that operation down fast. Not wanting to make the same mistake again, I turned him away and now…Here I was crying because I wasn't smart enough to do the same thing with Taehyung. Now my heart was torn into thirds. One piece was for Hyunseung. Another was for Jimin. The last one was for Taehyung. Should I just give up? He clearly doesn't want me, and Jimin probably never wants to talk to me for ignoring him for so long. I grab at my hair in frustration.

Love was so stupid. I hate it.