Chapter 13: Revealations

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 13: Revealations

 


 

*Taehyung's POV*

Argh. There's a horrible pounding in my head and my body feels numb. What the heck happened? I try to sit up only to fall back down. My guts feel like a ton was dropped on them. I audibly wince and tear up a bit.

"My Taehyungie!" My mother comes and embraces my head lovingly. She kisses all over my face and I groan.

"Mom," she shushes me and my hair with love.

"I was so scared, Taehyungie. They called me and told me you were in the hospital, god I was so scared." She cried on my hair and I tried to embrace her, failing. 

"Don't move too much Tae-Tae. You're injured badly. I don't want you to get hurt any more than you are." I nod slowly. My mother steadily picks me up into a semi seated position.

"Mom what's going on?" I ask confused about the environment I was in.

"Yah, you dummy. I just got done telling you we were in a hospital." She flicked me lightly and chuckled. I smiled at our antics. 

"Do you remember anything that happened?" Suddenly, memories of the moments before I out flash into my head.

"I got beat up," I whisper disappointedly.

"Jonghyun beat me up for talking to his girlfriend," I spat that word out like it was a poison. She balls up her fists in anger.

"I'm going to talk to the Deans about this! He needs to be expelled!"

"NO!!!" She stares back at me in confusion.

"I mean, no please. He will just beat me up again. Mom," I held her arm, begging, "Don't tell anyone about this. Not even Mi Yan." I plead, pitifully.

"I can't do that-"

"Yes you can! You just don't want to!"

I sob loudly and yell at her, "You don't understand, mom! The bigger the deal you make out of it, the worse it'll be for me!" I cry all over her shirt from fear. She rubs my hair and sighs.

"Okay. But please," she holds my shoulders and looks at me seriously, "Please, don't let him hurt you anymore. Your friend, Jimin, he seems like a nice boy. Go to him for help. He said he would. Please, Taehyung." I nod and we embrace. Jimin said that? It fills me with pride. He's a great friend.

We keep quiet as both of us drift off to sleep.


 



*Soo Jin's POV*

My mom drops me off and I'm greeted with a hug.

"Yah. Get off," I say monotonously. The assaulter giggles and removes herself.

"Hey, Unnie~" I hear Fae purr. Lina Gi pushes her away from me.

"Yo, SJ." I give her a peace sign and bow to the rest of the members. Sook Jae can be heard acting out something dramatically. I sigh.

"Another day," I mutter as we all sit on benches. My mind wanders far away from the conversation.

Do penguins have knees? That question has been bugging me since last week when Lina Gi mentioned something about snakes not having knees. That got me thinking, 'What other animals lack knees' and now penguins are the source of my frustration. God why must I worry about such stupid, irrelevant things. 

But really.

Do they have knees?!

"AHN SOO JIN, WAKE UP!!!" Ashley yells at me, rubbing her temples.

"Listen to me!" I turn my head in a, 'Did you just kill my vibe' way.

"Yah. What is it?" She rolls her eyes and asks again.

"Did you know about this?"

"This what?" I ask in curiosity.

"WERE YOU NOT LISTENING AT ALL?!" Lina Gi shakes me.

"Yah." I say ripping her hands off me.

"Just tell me again. I'll listen this time," I sigh, hoping it would satisfy their needs. 

"There's a boy in the hospital. He got beat up by someone, I heard." I shrug in response.

"What's your point? People get beat up everyday. I can't play hero for everyone you know," I say, shrugging and turning away, no longer interested.

"Maybe if I told you it was Kim Taehyung, of class 2-B, it would make you want to play hero?" She says, gauging my reaction. My whole body tenses.

"Bingo," Ashley states from the incredible precision of her assumption. Out of nowhere, I burst off the benches, running out of the school courtyard. I become worried. What if it was them? Would they have come back for me? I couldn't possibly let them interfere in my life anymore, much less hurt any of my loved ones.

"Ahn Soo Jin!" 

"Unnie!" 

"My love!"

"SJ!"

All of my friends yell at me to come back, but there's no stopping me now. Well, that's what I thought. I bump into a hard wall. If it's Jimin again, so god help me I will kill him this time.

"Soo Jin! Stop running! Where are you going?" He suddenly wonders.

"Sorry, Jimmie, but I have somewhere to be, so if you'll excuse me…" I trail off and try to maneuver around him. He holds my shoulders and tilts my chin to look at him.

"Calm down, please. Tell me what's going on? I'll try to help the best I can," he says. I soften completely. Now, I feel bad for being so rude to him. Curse your sweetness Jimin.

"I was going to the hospital to visit a friend," I whisper simply.

"Why the rush?" He chuckles at my stupidity. What a good question. It's not like Taehyung's gonna die. 'Whoever beat him up will, though,' I think with malicious intentions.

"Soo Jin? Yah, stop that look. It doesn't look good on you." I notice my deep frown and quickly bow.

"Sorry, I was thinking about something." Jimin looks at me suspiciously. 

"I'll be off now. I want to visit as soon as possible. Goodbye, Jimin. I'll be back in time for lunch. It's impossible for me, Ahn Soo Jin, to miss an opportunity to eat," I joke and pat his shoulder. He smiles brightly and waves me off.

"Okay! I'll be seeing you!" I wave back and begin speed walking to the hospital.

What I didn't know is that I wouldn't be meeting Jimin in the school.


 



*Jimin's POV*

Soo Jin was so incredibly suspicious, that I couldn't be completely sure of her intentions. What friend? I thought she didn't associate herself with anyone other than the Queenkas. None of this was my business, though. As her figure becomes smaller in my sight, I bite my lip and follow. I can't let her get hurt. It was relatively dark since it was only 6:00 am, so it was only natural for me to worry about her safety. She is my future girlfriend after all. 

NO BAD JIMIN. I smack myself and let my legs take me where they need to be. Stop being such a creeper. But I can only sigh to myself when I see her hips sway as she jogs. My heart can't bare to see it and neither can 'Jimin Jr'. God, why have you cursed me to be a hormonal teenager?!


 



*Lina Gi's POV*

What. The. Actual. F***. 

"Ashley! Why did you let her run off?" I hear Jae yell at the leader.

"I didn't know she would do that!" Their voices disappeared into the background. What mattered to me most was, "What is he to her?" The rest of the members turn to me in question. We all stay quiet at the impact of my interruption. What is he indeed.

"I've never seen Soo Jin run like that…" Jae whispered in absolute puzzlement.

"She doesn't like him right, Unnie?" Fae wondered to Ashley, assuming she had all the answers.

"For both of their sakes, I pray, not." My eyes widen at the significance of her serious statement.

2NE1

Soo Jin's old gang.