Chapter 21: Everyone Likes Her

The First Symphony

The First Symphony Chapter 21: Everyone Likes Her

 


 

*Taehyung's POV*

Winter break was almost here. I've really become closer to the Queenkas this last week. Ashley praises me and pinches my cheeks every once in a while. Lina Gi doesn't make fun of me like she does everyone else and sometimes Jae lets me join her little 'scene'. Fae doesn't really like me, though. She says I'll steal her Unnie and doesn't leave me alone with Soo Jin. Speaking of her, she's still been distant with us. Although she's more calm than last week, she doesn't hang around me too long. What makes me REALLY suspicious of her though is that every time she comes around Jungkook, he turns into a different person. Like, completely different. He seems to forget how to speak and has suddenly been adopted by tomatoes. 

Jimin hasn't been too happy lately either, but I'm going to say it's because of Soo Jin. Any attempt to talk to her turns into a disaster. She'll wave him off and go elsewhere, Jungkook sometimes following. What they do, I have no idea. It makes me a bit jealous that Jungkook gets to talk to her and we don't. I can only imagine how Jimin feels about that.

No more sad things okay? After the talent show business, the Bangtan Boys and I have suddenly risen in the ranks. Girls greet us with blushing faces in the hallway and Jin suddenly has a fan club. They call themselves the 'Princes'. It makes me giggle because they're probably insinuating the fact that Jin is a princess. I even come to my locker and there are love letters waiting for me. Who would have thought? Kim Taehyung: Alien of the Year and one of the most popular boys in the school. If you would have told me that before, I'd never believe you. But here I am and it's all thanks to a certain girl.

Ahn Soo Jin.


 



*Jimin's POV*

That damned girl.

Ahn Soo Jin.

It's like she wants to ruin my life. I thought we were okay again and out of nowhere she stops talking to me. Well, technically she wasn't talking to anyone, but it sure felt like she was avoiding me specifically. Jungkook was the main one killing me though. He knows my feelings for her and yet, I see him walk off to go find Soo Jin again. I growl deeply in my throat and RapMon pats my back. Some nerve that maknae has. I'm starting to get really defensive of her. If Jungkook wants to take her from me, who's to know if the rest of the members like her. J-Hope has been giving her lingering looks, I'd have to watch out for him, too.

I slap myself. God Jimin. You sound like an overly obsessive boyfriend. She isn't even yours! It's her choice who she likes and who she doesn't. If she wants Jungkook, so be it. My heart drops at that thought. Even if I say this, I don't want her to want him. I want her to want ME. RapMon looks at me in question.

"Yah. Jimin? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but Jungkook is being too much right now."

The Queenkas turn to look at me. Fae glares at me and asks accusingly, "You better not like her, too! I'm so tired of people taking my Unnie!"

She stood up and huffed, "Ever since Tae-Tae got here, boys have been swarming her! Even in the hallways, her fans have been demanding more of her attention!"

Fae paces around as she continues to rant, "She's been so uncaring with us! I thought she was fine, but all of the sudden she ignores everyone!" We all remain quiet. What she was saying was true. Leave it up to Fae to say what everyone was thinking.

"She's been thinking about Hyunseung. That's what's got her down…" Taehyung said aloud. Thank god he likes talking to himself or else I would never know anything that's going on.

Lina Gi picks up him up by his collar and demands, "HOW DO YOU HIS NAME?!"

He pales and stutters out, "She told me. S-Soo Ji-Jin told me a-about her past. An-" Ashley suddenly pulled Lina Gi away from him.

"Li-Li, calm down. Taehyung is our friend," Taehyung began coughing and hacking his little heart out. I came up to him and rubbed his back. Poor guy. Joon Lina's wrath was no joke. Said girl looked at him with a glare so harsh that it could take him to Hell and back. Who was she to mean mug him like that?! That boiled my blood.

"Are you doubting him?! I get you are her friend, but being a b**** to Taehyung isn't going to make Soo Jin talk to you!!!" My voice was loud and angry as I scolded Lina Gi. I was so pissed. No one was going to talk to Taehyung like that. Nah. Not on my watch. 

She was about to throw a punch when Ashley suddenly yelled, "STOP!!!" Everyone turned to face her. The air was so thick you could cut it with a butter knife. Yeah. A BUTTER knife. Ashley ran a hand through her hair.

"What are we doing?! Fighting and bickering won't solve anything!"

She turned to Lina Gi and pointed her finger in her face, "You! Stop! I get that you want Soo Jin back, but Jimin is right! You're acting rude for no reason!" Lina Gi scoffed and apologized half-heartedly.

"Sorry, Taehyung."

I waved my finger in her face and commanded, "Nope, not good enough. Try that again," she growled at me and Taehyung stopped me from making it worse.

"Jimin stop. I accept her apology." Well, I don't. Taehyung was still hurt, I could see it. He needs to grow a back bone. How was he going to get by in life acting like this? We all huff and sit back down. The sky was sunny and clear and the weather was amazing. So why is that everything felt less-than-amazing? I sigh. All of Soo Jin's friends were getting all worked up and it was because of something Taehyung said. Hyunseung. Why does that simple name hold so much gravity? 

"You guys probably are wondering why I got so mad at Taehyung, right?" Lina Gi looked at Taehyung apologetically.

"Hyunseung. That guy…he was important to Soo Jin." She tilted her head down in sadness. Why does this matter?

"Why does that matter?" Jin asked, as if he had read my thoughts.

"She based that piano piece off of him." The Bangtan Boys all nod understanding. How this pertains to Soo Jin's mood, no one gets yet.

"He's somewhere…in Busan I think."

Suga points his finger at her and says, "Was he her boyfriend? What does this have to do with anything?!" Ashley decided she was done with beating around the bush.

"He was her first love and now he's dead because Soo Jin used to be in a gang. Her gang leader killed him because he was occupying too much of her life. He's buried in Busan South Cemetery. She said that she visits him every Christmas. It's almost the 3 year anniversary of his death. I think that might be what's got her so low." Her words sink in like an anchor goes in water. My eyes water and I bite my lip. This is what she's been hiding for so long. Was that what her words mean? Soo Jin was always talking in riddles and I think I finally know what they mean. 

She regrets being in that gang. She wants to go back to those times so that she could erase her wrongdoings. She wishes she didn't get so close to Hyunseung because he died thanks to her. She's selfish for loving him, regardless of the dangers she put him. She never got to tell him how she felt. She had too much pride. She let her gang take him when she wanted him. Everything she had told me up to this point was finally adding up. All her tears and sadness, they were for him.

Hah. I was jealous of a dead guy. That was a new low for me. Next step is being jealous of trees, simply because they provide her oxygen. Wait. That DOES make me mad. I want to be her oxygen. I slap myself for the second time that in that day. Keep going like this and I'll end up knocking myself out. Oh Jimin. What do I DO?!

My silly thoughts are broken by Jungkook's sudden outburst, "My poor Noona!" We all turn to see him with wide eyes. Where did he come from?! I swear he was just running after Soo Jin!

"She told me to go away, so I came back!" He explained. Jin patted his back.

J-Hope smacked the back of his head and protested, "We're over here reflecting on Soo Jin's tragic life and you're acting like it's a joke!" J-Hope was genuinely upset. See? What did I tell you? He likes Soo Jin, too.

Ashley interrupted us, "So now you see why we're so worried? Those first couple of months, Soo Jin looked a zombie. We didn't know her at first, so we just tried cheering her up-"

"Which was nearly impossible, by the way. She pushed us away constantly. It took her a LONG time until she got over it." Lina Gi added her own 2 cents.

Ashley looked at her and finished, "Now I'm scared she's depressed again. Hyunseung's death has traumatized her. She may never get over it." Suga nodded, eyes closed.

"Hmmm. That's deep. Our poor, little angel is not so much of an angel, after all."

Suga stood up and asked, "Well? What are we still sitting here for? Let's go find that girl before she does something she might regret." I was impressed. Suga never got passionate over other peoples' problems. It was official.

He likes her, too.


 



*Soo Jin's POV*

The roof was really cold. It was sunny, but the wind was freezing. Cursing myself for not bringing a jacket today, I lay there. The roof was the safest place for me to be. Far away from the world, but still being able to watch it. It might seem stupid, but I was still keeping my distance from my friends. That piece of blonde hair was controlling my life and I didn't like it. This was something a normal person would shrug off as 'a figment of my imagination', but you see the problem with that is that I'm no ordinary person. I was not about to ignore it like it was nothing. I'm not like those stupid heroines in stories that act is if everything is okay. Nothing was okay and I was in no way a hero.

They were going to strike. They were going to catch me when I was weakest and I was going to relive what happened with Hyunseung. Hah. If they don't catch me, that will never happen. That was the theory behind my behavior. They were like Venus Flytraps. CL was waiting for me to walk into her trap. Well, guess what? I have all the patience in the world. This could go on forever. I cackle like a madman at my own thoughts. I'm such a genius. I'll look insane to any person casually walking by. Maybe I am insane? I don't know. The door of the roof opens slowly. It creaks loudly. Ouch. That trash needs some oil. I'll get the mechanic on that.

"Soo Jin?" I hear Taehyung's angelic and velvety voice say my name. I sigh in content. I love it when he says my name. Yah! Stop thinking that! Dirty! Naughty! Blushing profusely, I stand up to see him watching me. He grins and tackles me in a hug.

"I knew you would be here! Something about roofs just says Ahn Soo Jin," he giggles girlishly and I hug him tightly. Why was he here, though?

"Everyone is worried about you. We all split up to find you. I came here…and here you are!" We smile at each other and my content smile doesn't leave my face. Something about his presence just takes all my worries away. He just has that effect. Taehyung. The alien. The weird guy. He tilts his head at me and my blush returns. What is this?!

"Soo Jin~" he purrs. Taehyung flicks my forehead and breaks me out of day dream.

"Let's go back and meet with everyone. Yeah?" I don't want to!

"NO!" He looks back in shock and pain.

"I mean, no. I want to talk to you," he nods in understanding and crosses his legs in front of me. He was listening intently to what I had to say. My head is blank. I really don't need to talk to him, I just wanted an excuse to be with him alone. GAH. My brain is having a hard time formulating words. What happened that I can't talk to him anymore?! I use to be able to start a conversation with him at the snap of a finger.

"Soo Jin? You look frustrated," he comments innocently. I shake my head.

The air is awkward until he says, "Have you ever thought about anyone since…you know," he twiddled his thumbs nervously. I knew what he was trying to say.

"Hyunseung?" He nods and looks puzzled when I smile.

"Not really. I'm still not totally over him." Taehyung clears his throat.

"You should try," I blush at the significance of his words. Does he mean us? I blush ten shades and he just continues, as if he didn't even notice my blush.

"I think Jimin likes you," my heart sinks, "You should give him a shot." Of course he didn't mean himself. Taehyung probably didn't even know that girls existed yet. I sounded so bitter. But why?

Fae suddenly came in screaming her head off, "UNNIE!!!!!"


 



*Jimin's POV*

I saw the door to the roof was already open. I came to check on Taehyung after searching in the cafeteria. School had ended about an hour ago, but the Soo Jin business had us all worried. Everyone had been assigned a different part of the school. Me being the cafeteria. Hearing voices, I decide to eavesdrop. It was Taehyung and Soo Jin. What could they be talking about?

"Soo Jin~" That sounded like he was trying to seduce her. Would she talk back to him though?

"Let's go back and meet with everyone. Yeah?" 

"NO!" Soo Jin sounded desperate to stay there, but why? I get closer so that I could watch they were doing. They were VERY close to each other. That made jealous as all hell. Taehyung has always been close friends with her, but this was crossing it!!!

"I mean, no. I want to talk to you." What could she possibly want to talk about? He crossed his legs and watches her. Taehyung was being cute again, I could tell. Her face turned red. Her behavior around him made me sick. There was no way she had feelings for him…right? A long, awkward silence ensued. 

"Soo Jin? You look frustrated," Taehyung tilted his head at her. As of this moment, Taehyung has won the award for cutest person alive. Not even Jungkook could rival him.

"Have you ever thought about anyone since…you know," Taehyung asked her shyly. I was expecting her to grow cold and turn him away, but instead, she gave him a sweet smile. What?! The last time I asked something like that, she basically ignored me. Unfair. 

"Hyunseung? Not really-" I've decided I heard enough. I ran down the stairs quietly. No point in hurting my own feelings like this. Clearly she still had feelings for her dead boyfriend. Clearly she doesn't like me. She probably prefers Taehyung over me, anyway. Fae suddenly ran into me.

"Have you seen her?" I point to the roof and walk away. No more feeling bad for myself. Next time I talk to her, I'm determined to make her fall for me. 

That was a promise.